Incorrect Information?

AnthD

Earning My Ears
I was added to a waitlist on Thursday for any UY 50 point SSR direct contract. My guide called me today and left a message stating that he was unable to secure a 50 point contract, however he did find a 100 point contract and if I went with this contract instead of a 50 point contract "I would be eligible for Membership Extras after the 75 point threshold since a 50 point direct would not afford me those privileges effective 2/25". It would appear he was just trying to push the 100 points for a higher sale perhaps. This obviously contradicts almost everything I've read for the last 2 weeks. I'm almost certain this information is incorrect but does anyone else have any insight?

That does't sound right to me... my understanding is if you buy 25 points before 2/25 you will receive the extras.... if you already own a resale contract....

Is the min 50 for SSR if you don't own DVC yet? Thats what I don't know....

I am sure other more knowledgeable people will respond!!

I was added to a waitlist on Thursday for any UY 50 point SSR direct contract. My guide called me today and left a message stating that he was unable to secure a 50 point contract, however he did find a 100 point contract and if I went with this contract instead of a 50 point contract "I would be eligible for Membership Extras after the 75 point threshold since a 50 point direct would not afford me those privileges effective 2/25". It would appear he was just trying to push the 100 points for a higher sale perhaps. This obviously contradicts almost everything I've read for the last 2 weeks. I'm almost certain this information is incorrect but does anyone else have any insight?
Your guide didn't outright lie to you, but these fast-talking timeshare salesmen are a little hard to take. If you buy 25 points directly before 2/25, you are eligible for full DVC benefits. From 2/25 forward, you have to buy at least 75 points direct. I suspect your "guide" could find a 25-point add-on or a 50-point initial purchase if he had financial incentive. Of course, he makes more money if you buy a 100-point contract.

If you were financing the purchase, then I think the minimum point allotment is 100. But if you were paying outright you should have been able to buy as little as 25 as a current member or 50 if you were new (or if you were a resale buyer whose contract hasn't been processed yet since they would still see you as new).

If you weren't financing and your guide said they could not find a 50 point contract at SSR, they would not have 100 at SSR either. Maybe they were offering another resort that had 100 points currently available?

If you are not already a member, 50 is minimum.

If he is ROFRing a 100 point contract it can be broken up.

If he is ROFRing a 100 point contract it can be broken up.
When I was on the wait list for points at VGC from October until January, I called my guide several times once the price increase was announced to see what my options were. My guide told us that they are not aware of what is being ROFR'd or what points are in the process of foreclosure as that was a separate department. They only see points that are available already. So if the guide saw 100 SSR points available in any one use year that would mean they were already fully available for sale. They should have been able to sell them as little as 25 to 50 pending if they were a current member or new.

From what my Guide said about the wait list, this guide was outright lying because my guide said they are not allowed to bypass people on the waitlist to sell larger contracts -- that if you ask for 25 and someone after you asks for 100 and they have 100 to sell they still have to offer you the 25 first then have only 75 left to sell for the next person. So to say he doesn't have 25 but doesn'thave 100 would be counter to this policy.

From what my Guide said about the wait list, this guide was outright lying because my guide said they are not allowed to bypass people on the waitlist to sell larger contracts -- that if you ask for 25 and someone after you asks for 100 and they have 100 to sell they still have to offer you the 25 first then have only 75 left to sell for the next person. So to say he doesn't have 25 but doesn'thave 100 would be counter to this policy.
This is also what my guide said too and she also said that she was unable to let me know how many points the people in the waitlist ahead of me were requesting - only what place I was in the queue.
I had called her on December 19th to check in and I was 2nd in line for an August Use Year. I wanted 75 to 100 points. I got called on January 18th that the points had become available a day or two beforehand but that she was out of town and that they were going to honor the pre-increase cost.

Keep in mind that DVD can change its sales policies and guidelines at any time. If it decides that it wants to prioritize 100-point sales over smaller sales, then it can. Its also possible that it may have different sales priorities for different resorts.

This is also what my guide said too and she also said that she was unable to let me know how many points the people in the waitlist ahead of me were requesting - only what place I was in the queue.
I had called her on December 19th to check in and I was 2nd in line for an August Use Year. I wanted 75 to 100 points. I got called on January 18th that the points had become available a day or two beforehand but that she was out of town and that they were going to honor the pre-increase cost.

The guide who put me on a waitlist last week said he couldn't tell where I was on the waitlist. So many different stories from different guides!

Just to add my two cents, I called my guide on Feb 11th when I heard about the change, I was planning on purchasing 25 points April use year at SS ( i purchased 150 points resale a year ago) I was told by him that there were 375 points on wait list and only 35 available. He offered me Aulani or Animal Kingdom - which were available, and assured me he doubted I would get the 25 points I wanted before the end of Feb. I ended up telling me to put me on the list for 75 points - which is my ultimate add on goal - BUT since it seems like it's going to take some time - I'm going to keep checking the resale if something comes up there I'm going to take that and drop the wait list and any hope for member benefits.

DVD, after it gets back contracts via either right of first refusal or foreclosure, can take those points and sell them in any combination it desires with only three known limitations: (a) any sale cannot be less than the 25 point add-on minimum; (b) if you are a new purchaser, you are subject to whatever minimum currently exists for new purchasers, often 100, sometimes 50; and (c) you cannot buy a contract with points in a different use year from the one you already have unless you are willing to buy the new purchaser minimum. Unless one of those three limitations existed, the sales rep should have been able to sell you a contract with 25 or more points if there were 100 points available unless DVD has created a new rule applicable to sales of which we are unaware.

FYI: DVD adheres to its self-imposed sales minimum of 25 points. However, it seems it will sell deeds with less than 25 points as long as the total number of points being purchased is 25 or more. So far in February it has sold three deeds that contain less than 25 points. The fewest number of points I have seen on a DVC deed has been 8 points.

FYI: DVD adheres to its self-imposed sales minimum of 25 points. However, it seems it will sell deeds with less than 25 points as long as the total number of points being purchased is 25 or more. So far in February it has sold three deeds that contain less than 25 points. The fewest number of points I have seen on a DVC deed has been 8 points.

Were they for different people or simply done because of the total points coming from different units but still totaling 25 points or more to the individual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!