Include Babies in Disney ADR Headcount?

MB711

Earning My Ears
We are planning a first time family trip that will include 7 adults and 4 kids (ages 4, 2.5, 1, and 3 months). I am assuming I don't need to include the infant in the head count since we will likely babywear or hold the baby, but what about the 1 year old? If we are ok having him sit on our laps do we need to include him in the headcount? I have done a couple searches where more options for ADRs showed up for a group of 9 vs 10. I understand it will likely be more comfortable for everyone if the 1 year old has his own space for a high chair, but if we are ok with sacrificing that to get a certain reservation, is it allowed?

Also, If we do need a high chair as part of a reservation should we call ahead or can we just ask when we arrive?
Thanks!

You can ask for a high chair upon arrival, but you must include everyone in your numbers when making ADRs. You have 7 adults, so you're being charged auto-gratuity anyway, but most TS spots have counted those under 3 when factoring in if we're a party of 6 or more. So, you'll be booking a party of 11.

We are planning a first time family trip that will include 7 adults and 4 kids (ages 4, 2.5, 1, and 3 months). I am assuming I don't need to include the infant in the head count since we will likely babywear or hold the baby, but what about the 1 year old? If we are ok having him sit on our laps do we need to include him in the headcount? I have done a couple searches where more options for ADRs showed up for a group of 9 vs 10. I understand it will likely be more comfortable for everyone if the 1 year old has his own space for a high chair, but if we are ok with sacrificing that to get a certain reservation, is it allowed?

Also, If we do need a high chair as part of a reservation should we call ahead or can we just ask when we arrive?
Thanks!
even baby wearing the infant you still need to count the infant in your ADR. we had to count a 4 month old 2 years ago even with us holding as only 2 places had infant high chairs

Yes, you need to list the baby, as others have mentioned. We've never had an issue with getting a highchair--WDW is very used to young children! I don't remember if it was listed on the ADR or somewhere in our MDE info. Certainly, if there's a place for "special notes" or something similar, I would list it.

Keep in mind, for a party this big, you may be at separate tables. You also might have better luck booking 2 groups, then linking the reservations. IME, the restaurants try very hard to put you at adjacent tables, or push two together, etc., but it's not guaranteed. We did 11-12 people several times--we were always at nearby tables, not necessarily at one big one.

Every person needs to be counted, no matter how small!:)

Showing up with more people than the reservation is for, even a baby to toddler, and you risk the restaurant not being able to accommodate your party.

Thanks!

You need to include all 4 kids. It's a headcount, and babies need to be included.

even baby wearing the infant you still need to count the infant in your ADR. we had to count a 4 month old 2 years ago even with us holding as only 2 places had infant high chairs

Sorry to hijack...but do you know the places that had the infant high chairs? We are going to have two the same age and I didn't know asking for an infant high chair was a thing.

But to the original poster..we just made reservations and counted the 2 year old and the will be 4 month old.

Sorry to hijack...but do you know the places that had the infant high chairs? We are going to have two the same age and I didn't know asking for an infant high chair was a thing.
W

But to the original poster..we just made reservations and counted the 2 year old and the will be 4 month old.
We found infant highchairs at Chef Mickey the ones that infant lay back in. Hollywood&Vine had ones that would hold bucket type carseat which didn't work for us as we didn't have carseat in park with us. We usually just passed the little one around our big group. Had 2 sets of grandparents and another mom and dad besides her parents plus 2 older cousins. So we had lots of hands. All other places we were at had plenty of either wooden or plastic toddler chairs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter