"In Search of Cinders" Trip Report - Day Two

PJackson

DIS Veteran
Here's Day One: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1975250

Day Two - Tuesday 30th Sept 2008:

Another early wake up and down to breakfast, excited to see which characters were out! Pluto was about again and Goofy, who was 'asleep' on one of the sofas in the atrium area (with his ears over his eyes like a blind lol), DD1 went running over and tickled him to wake up!

198.jpg

On our exit, both Mickey (the mouse himself - DD was so chuffed as to see him in the park was a MAJOR scrum!) and the Sheriff of Nottingham were there for photos/autos.

210.jpg

As much as we tried, it was still 8.40 am when we got into the park for EMH! It was raining but not too cold (no freezing fog today thank goodness!). We headed straight for Discoveryland onto Buzz and then Oribitron (this was the last day of EMH for this ride as it was closing the next day for work), as we'd promised DD1 a go on it the day before. She loved it!

215.jpg

Headed over the Fantasyland and did Peter Pan twice, then the teacups twice :laughing: By this time it was almost 10 am so we headed over to Frontierland to do Big Thunder Mountain which was good - loved the setting as well. Screwed up a bit as weren't quick enough so had to queue but only for 10 mins max. Stepdad & I then went and did Phantom Manor (DH and Mum watched the kids and took them for a look around the shops!). Tbh I didn't rate Phantom Manor - it was much scarier on the outside!

We then headed to see if Woody was in his usual place and he was (yesterday we'd met Jessie). Minnie was in her 'log house' too with no-one else around so we got some great pics and video footage of her with the girls :lovestruc

249.jpg

We tried outside Col Haithi's restaurant in case there were more characters there but there weren't - probably due to the wet weather :confused:

DD2 needed feeding by this point as it was aorund 11 am so we headed back to the Cable Car Bakery for a coffee and feed. We also changed DD1 into her new Cinderella outfit for her 'big meeting' at lunchtime - yes, we were off to Auberge de Cendrillon for lunch. We hadn't told her she might meet the Princesses although she kept asking to see Cinders!

We headed off to get to Auberge for 12 noon and on the way found Piglet, Rabbit, Tigger and Tweedle Dum & Dee by surprise by Bella Notte! Unfortunately there were a few crowds around and we were in a rush so we only had time to stop to say hi and photo/auto stop for Rabbit! I was disappointed but we didn't want to be too late for Auberge.

257.jpg

When we arrived at Auberge there was a huge queue (it was sold out so I'm pleased I'd booked). DD1 was soooo excited when she saw Cinderella on the way in - I had to choke back tears as she looked so beautiful (DD1 that is) and sooo happy! :cloud9: She had her photo taken (yes, we bought the v expensive official ones too!!) and then had time with Suzy & Perla who made such a fuss of her. It was lovely. I could have died when they sat us as our table - we were ON the dancefloor right in the centre by the big fireplace - I was soooo pleased :thumbsup2 We honestly couldn't have had a better table! The restaurant is beautiful too with gorgeous tapestries of Cinders' story.

265.jpg

274.jpg

Ariel & Eric were the first out and they were just fantastic with DD - really lovely. I can't rate them highly enough - they were both American and Ariel was sooo pretty and Eric v handsome too :lovestruc They danced with DD and Eric was tickling her etc. It truly was fantastic!

294.jpg

Then Snow White & her Prince arrived - again they were brilliant with her esp the Prince who had a little dance with her too. Snow White didn't speak much English but it didn't matter too much.

290.jpg

The food was fantastic (will review properly in the right place), the only tiny issue was DD had the beef and it was v v pink in the middle (I should have guessed but never thought with it being a child's meal). I asked for my lamb well done (had to ask in French as our waitress didn't understand much English - she was great though - very friendly). I thought the whole meal was just the BEST and tbh the best value too - although it was 55 euro per adult it was basically like a 5 course meal (as you got drink to start and coffee at the end) as well as wine. It definately made our holiday and DD's I don't doubt :thumbsup2 We eventually tore ourselves away at 2.15 pm (had been there since 12!) but we never felt rushed at all and saw the Princesses & Princes come out again and again and although they spent the required time with each table they still acknowledged DD each time which was lovely!

DH took DD on IASW while I fed DD2 then it was time for the OUAD parade again! (I had wondered whether we'd watch the parade each day but tbh I wouldn't have missed it - it's so wonderful). We watched it again by Bella Notte to see the Princesses dance. I think it was a bit shorter this day as the weather was v wet? Certainly some of it seemed different.

382.jpg

384.jpg

406.jpg

After that, went back on IASW and then onto Alice's Maze again - as DD was on a roll!

I was starting to get worried about not having enough time to see the Studios as the next day (Weds) was our last full day in the resort. So at about 4.50 pm we headed over there to have a look around. We were glad we did! We had a quick ride on the Flying Carpets as there was no queue and then took in Animagique - this was fantastic and DD loved it once she got into it. I'd really wanted to do Crush's coaster and the ToT but the former had a 60 min queue. We had a look at ToT but our hotel FP had just run out by 5 mins (ended at 6 pm) and there was a 10 min queue, and the girls were getting tired etc so we decided to give it a miss. We went and got a quick sugar fix (for DD1) and coffee etc and then felt a bit better. So Mum persuaded us to have another look at ToT - the queue was only 5 mins so Mum said to go on it - she was an angel! Oh my, it was FANTASTIC - definately my favourite adult ride of the resort :thumbsup2 The CM's were 'spooky' too and really in character which made it all the more great!

435.jpg

433.jpg

DD2 was now asleep and DD1 tired and hungry so we headed quickly to the Village to pick up a hotdog (her treat!) and then back to the hotel (we missed Candleabration this night as we were all wet and tired and tbh hadn't rated it too much the night before!). We were all shattered so Mum & SD went for a quick bar stop, while we got the girls to bed and once they were settled, M&D returned and we went down to the bar for a quick drink and to plan our day at the Studios the next day.

Hope you haven't fallen asleep :eek: Thanks for reading :wizard:

Tomorrow - our day in the Studios - in search of Pinnochio ;)

What a great day! I'm so glad you had fun at the Auberge, that pic of your DD with Cinders is beautiful.

It makes me want to go back and eat there.

Another great report.
I can see why little princess love Auberge de Cendrillon so much :goodvibes

Keep them coming Patsy :thumbsup2

Hi Patsy,
I am loving your report & your photos - your daughter looks so happy in them. I'm glad you had such a great time at Auberge - we have been 3 or 4 times now & haven't managed to get a table even near the dance floor! Good to see you managed an adult ride too.

Thanks for the comments :) :thumbsup2

Karen - I think it's because there were 4 adults and 2 children (although one was the baby in pushchair!). I've heard they seat larger tables near the dancefloor?? They weren't going to let me take the pushchair in the restaurant so I had to explain that DD can't sit up unsupported yet and so couldn't go in their highchairs!! :rolleyes:

Amazing day 2!

Looove your auberge pics! I hope I have girls!!!!!

Loving reading your trip report days Patsy - more please :goodvibes

Great day. I LOVE that picture of your daughter with Ariel and Eris. :love:

love your photos, especially the one with your daughter in ADC with Snow White, your dd looks lovely, i've never seen Rabbit in the parks in all the times we 've been, great trip report:lovestruc

Aww thanks Karen :cutie:

Claireybella - sorry missed your question! ToT is the Tower of Terror ride in the Studios - well worth doing but not for the faint hearted :scared1: It was definately mine and DH's fave adult/thrill ride of the trip! I won't spoilt how it works but it involves the 'service elevator' I've pictured :eek:

Sounds like an awesome 2nd day...we didn't rate candleabration too much either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter