'In Search of Cinders' Trip Report - Day Four

PJackson

DIS Veteran
Heres:

Here is Day One: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1975250

Day Two: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1977094

Day Three: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1979725

Day Four - Thurs 2nd October 2008

Our last day. Although we'd had 4 nights in Disney, unfortunately because of the flight timings, our 'first day' didn't really happen as it was gone 8 pm before we got in the room and settled the girls etc. So here we were on our last day - shattered from all the running about everyday to cram so much in (so in some ways looking forward to getting 'home') but also sad to be leaving and calculating all the things we didn't do which we'd add to our 'to do' list for the next trip :thumbsup2

So, we finished packing up our bits from the night before and went to breakfast a little later today. I was overjoyed to see Tigger bounding down the corridor to see us at the hotel (we'd missed him the day before at a character meet in the park - twice - so it was just fab to see him there and no-one else around!). DD1 ran to him and it was priceless seeing them hug - like a long lost friend - the smile on my face (and DD1's was just priceless - really it was!). DD1 immediately started bouncing with him and telling him "bounce higher Tigger, higher" :lovestruc

596.jpg
[/IMG]

Breakfast was uneventful but as yummy as previous days. It did seem busier today but I think that partly because we were a little later and partly because the park was busier altogether on that day (maybe people taking long weekends?). We noticed Baloo was due to be there around 8.30 am so we made sure we were around to see 'the bear'. He was fab too.

600.jpg

We went back to the room, called for our cases to be collected (this is the great thing about the DLH) - our room was miles (two lifts!) from reception and both DH & DSD weren't keen to take the bags all the way - "no problem", said reception, "we collect them" - fab!! I must say though, that although our room was miles from reception (and the main entrance) we had an entrance not a minutes walk from our room to the Park - how great that was!

We got into the Park for the end of EMH, rode Peter Pan twice (as was the tradition!) and then Pinocchio and Snow White. I wasn't keen for DD1 to do these again but she asked to so we did with it being our last time. At 10 am we went on IASW and took DD2 on her first ride (poor love, hadn't been on anything at all during our trip but at 5 months tbh she wasn't bothered at all and didn't really understand anyway - she was happy to take it all in from Mummy's knee or her pushchair).

We had decided the eve before to make a go at seeing Winnie the Pooh and so after IASW trundled along towards the Castle Stage. However, before we got there we bumped into Tweedle Dum & Dee, the Queen of Hearts and the White Rabbit - it was a bit of a scrum this time (park was definately busier!) and DD didn't get to meet White Rabbit as much as we tried - he was called off - poor thing was trying to run after him shouting for him and he just walked off - she was sobbing her heart out :( I know they have to 'make a break' for it and can't just keep doing 'one last child' but it really made me sad :confused: . Anyway, she cheered up as we approached Winnie - the queue was quite small and after about 10 min max we saw the bear himself. I was made up as I've always loved Pooh - even as a girl myself!

653.jpg

On the main stage, Snow White was there with Dopey (very cute!) and so Mum queued there for us. DD1 and DH then joined them (while I fed DD2) but I had a feeling as the queue was quite long that the characters would change before DD1 got to the front. Sure enough - still a fair way to go (and 20 mins down the queue!) Cinderella & Prince Charming came on. By this time it was just after 11 am and as DD1 had seen Cinderella at Auberge we decided to leave the queue (also because we had Cafe Mickey booked for 12 noon as our last lunch although DD1 didn't realise or understand so we just told her we had a surprise for her!).

Did a few final shopping bits on Main Street then headed over to the Village and Cafe Mickey. We got there about 11.50 am and I was really disappointed with the greeting we received. The waitress who met us at the reception area was very rude and grumpy and told us like naughty children, "We don't open for another 10 minutes so you will just have to stand there"!!! I wasn't very happy and she could see it - while I appreciate they have opening times, if that was the case then why have the doors open? And also, there was no need to be rude. I gave her the benefit of the doubt but found her insufferable (and totally miserable) the whole way through.

When she did let us through at 12.02 (!) she just said "come this way" - not here's your table, take a seat or anything. She just pointed to the table and dropped the menus on the table for us. Very rude and it did upset me but I tried not to let DD1 see as it was our last lunch and I wanted it to be nice for her. It got worse when she spilled my drink on my camera on the table and bearly muttered an apology :headache: Fortunately after that she didn't serve us - another woman did but she was (and I'm sorry to sound rude) v dizzy. She hardly understood our order and I ended up having to order in French as she was clearly going to get it wrong. I'll review properly in the CM thread review but I did feel rushed during this meal. Fortunately the characters made up for the place itself and while they weren't 'super duper' characters - other than the Mouse himself, the interaction was just fantastic - even with the baby :love:

681.jpg

683.jpg

677.jpg

699.jpg

Time was getting on and while we were rushed into ordering etc there was no sign of our desserts or DDs (which was a buffet) so in the absence of any staff I just helped myself for DDs! :rolleyes1 That finished, we headed back to the hotel at 1.35 pm to collect our bags, settle our room bill and await BS Transport.

BS turned up on time at 14.00 (and with carseats as required - we had asked the Concierge to call that am just to check that for us as we'd heard a few stories about them forgetting them on the return journey!).

Our return flight was at 16.40 and when we arrived in CDG it was utter chaos! Nothing in particular just so disorganised! We seemed to be called forward to the boarding area ages before they were ready for us and then when we did get on the bus (after struggling to get the pushchair folded down as the staff told me I could take it to the airplane stairs but didn't tell me there was two flights of stairs to get it down before we got on the bus!, they kept us on it for 20 mins without aircon and it was boiling - we were frying on there but the driver wouldn't (or couldn't?) open the door despite people asking! So by this time the flight was about 35 mins late. We got on the flight and then there was an announcement..... :headache:

"Could Mrs Jackson please come to the front of the plane?" - oh my gosh - that's me!!! I was really worried about what was wrong and gave baby to my Mum and headed to the front wondering what to expect.

There I found a security man and my suitcase!?! He asked me what the strange noise was coming from my luggage - I listened (very embarrassed) and realised it was the baby monitor handpiece - :eek: I told him and he said he'd have to see it - 5 mins later after struggling to open both locks on my case, I handed it to him :blush: :blush: with everyone on the whole plane looking on! I've never been sooo embarrassed in my life! So, 40 mins later than planned we then take off back to good old Blighty!

So, a bit of a funny ending to a wonderful, fantastic, super duper trip to Magic Land. There's not a day gone by since our return when DD1 doesn't ask when we are going back and also when we don't listen to the 2 CDs we bought out there - IASW music and Dream Parade music :lovestruc. I keep telling her Daddy has to earn lots more pennies but she's not convinced :rotfl2: (Maybe we'll go just after New Year but we'll see - shhh! ;) ;) )

I've been checking regularly to see your final instalment! I love that picture of your daughter with Tigger - she looks really happy. You've made me think about what to say to my middle DD if characters have to leave before her turn! I think I might tell her that they see the children who don't go to the character meals first - she might think that's fair. I thought your plane incident was really funny, it must have been cringeworthy.:rotfl:

Aww thanks Joolz :goodvibes I must admit I haven't cropped any of our pics yet but seeing that one on here I'm going to crop it as it's such a good one :goodvibes

It was quite funny at the Air Stewardess said to me "Well, that item could have been more embarrassing for you" :rotfl2:

Yes, it is hard when the kids miss the characters esp when you try to be polite and queue or not throw your kids at them like some parents do!! On the first day at the hotel we saw Eeyore and he was just leaving - DD ran down the corridor after him and I think the CM was so bemused he let him stop and say hi etc! :lovestruc She was determined to see Eeyore :laughing: I guess you just have to take their mind off 'missed meets' - there were loads of times she didn't see characters like when we were off to Auberge but because she was waiting patiently to see him I think it was just too much for her that he walked away :confused: Still, she was OK once we saw Pooh Bear!

Thanks for looking out for my TR - I'll look forward to yours too - not long you know ;)

That picture of your daughter with Tigger is just priceless. Her grin couldn't be any wider. :)

Lovely last day - must confess I laughed out loud at your plane incident. :blush:

Shame your final experience at Cafe Mickey was spoilt by poor cast members :confused3

Loved your reports. Thanks for sharing :)

What an amazing trip.

Kacee has been the same asking about when we are going back to Croc (IASW) and Pirates. Breaks my heart everytime he asks to go back on them

Great trip report. Hope we have as much fun as you had, next week :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter