In-A-Gadda-Da-Eat em........baby.....no i dont love you

dalt01

DIS Veteran
so we are going down for a quick 4 dayer in may and people say.........Where ya stayin.......and i say......POFQ.......and they say.....OMG OMG OMG you hafta get the Beignets you just have to.....and i say....OK. So what do i get? a football shaped hollow version of a Funnel Cake....um....for way to much money. sorry not impressed.

oh my god, i killed my own thread. cant somebody just say the word play is cute.....or that they noticed the ANTMAN connection in the pulp?

Yeah, since my last visit to WDW was almost 5 years ago, and I don't think I had the beignets then, it's been quite some time for me too. And if I'm remembering correctly, I'm pretty sure the times I had them before that, I was on the meal plan, and used that, so probably wouldn't have known/cared how much they cost. But I do definitely love them, only get them there, so they are a "must have" for me when I'm at WDW. That, and a mufuletta sandwich (if they still have them, after the refurb) while enjoying the beautiful ambiance of POFQ is a small slice of heaven for me on a trip.

Sorry - no - have never seen Ant Man, so was actually thinking of the Seinfeld episode when seeing the title. LOL

Never stayed at either POFQ or Riverside but have gone there just for beignets twice. Yet another food item that people love at Disney that doesn't live up to the hype. Now there's a podcast for @Teleclashter to work on.

I understood the Iron Butterfly reference?

*shrug* Beignets are a vacation destination food. Like the Dole Whips. If you're not into them, that's cool. It just happens to be something that people latch onto for conversation because they know POFQ=New Orleans/Mardi Gras = beignets. I would laugh and tell them a real reason why you like the POFQ resort. Maybe it's the music? Maybe it's the muffelatta? It doesn't have to be the beignets! :)

Have a great trip!

It's been a while since I have had them but when we did I very much enjoyed them and didn't think they were any more over-priced than 99% of the food at Disney

I have also had them at Disneyland - both the regular and pumpkin spice ones (since you have to have *everything* in pumpkin spice flavor) and they were good to - though I thought the POFQ ones were better and more reminded me of the once I got in the actual French Quarter of the actual New Orleans

Though, again this is probably a decade ago so they certainly may have changed since then

Have always wanted to go to N'Awlins. I actually was in the midst of planning a trip with a friend the year Katrina hit. :(

The POFQ beignets are nothing like New Orleans beignets. Don't waste your money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!