Delete Thread

On Friday I booked my FPs!

(Although we didn't do FP's on our party day this time, and I still have another day to book at 30 days for MK).

12/13-SE, Nemo (may change this), TT
12/14-EE, Safari, NRJ (FoP was the only FP I couldn't get even for the 16th). :sad1:

12/15-Tsmm, Frozen Sing Along, ToT (for Josh)

Yay!!!! Good list! Sorry you didn't end up getting FoP. We're hopeful I'll be able to get it for Nathan and my mom, but I'm not holding my breath. You should still be able to find lots of great FP at 30 days for MK, so it worked out well that that's the day you have left to book.

WArfhExl.jpg

What a good looking couple!!

If you can believe it my cousin made all the desserts! She's an excellent baker.

9U6SuBcl.jpg

Holy moley! That's a lot of beautiful desserts!

If you remember Josh's friends girlfriend that I mentioned in my TR from May (the one we had to pick up presents for that I don't know well). She had a cold and drank quite a bit so I was trying to watch out for her, but she got very emotional about how they weren't right for each other and almost broke up with her boyfriend :eek: It was very awkward to be in the middle of that but also awkward since I think she expected me to relate, but Josh and I get along very well and I love him very much.

Uggh...not her again!! Oh man...I'm sorry, but what a basketcase! Funny how she seemed to expect you to join in her miseries when you and Josh seem quite lovely and happy together. People are funny, especially when intoxicated.

However being that close to someone so sick all night, definitely got me sick :crazy2:

Oh noooo!! I hope you feel better soon if you're not better already.

We've made some changes
Of course you did! :rotfl2:

I really want a renovated room, but online it says none of the preferred rooms were renovated? I think preferred was the only category available all the days (and we wanted to be close to the main building). So I’m not really sure what to request now. I was thinking the 50’s and 60’s buildings seemed closest to Classic Hall when we were there last, but I don’t even have the option to make requests with my online check in.
Yeah, for me because we had a preferred they couldn't give us a renovated room. They were working on one of the 70s buildings then. I doubt they will have finished up all of those as well as one of the preferred buildings, and they probably don't want to take more than one building out of circulation during the holiday season!

We had the 60s, and it was really close to the main building. Do you guys want to use my Touring Plans subscription to request a specific room? We can set up the auto fax request, which just needs reservation number, name, and dates, so should work even if you don't book direct thru Disney. We had a lot of luck using that during our trip-with Pop we got a room about 5 doors down from requested (pretty good considering the fax was sent the day before check in)! At POFQ we got the room next to the one I requested. Anyways, let me know!

I love the corgi leggings! Also Kurt Russell. Basically I've loved him and Goldie Hawn since I first watched Overboard with my grandma. It's still one of my favorite movies, and I can't help but stop and watch when I come across it on tv (including last night!).

When we were in Pop last January it was a preferred room. If you look at a map, we were in the end 50s building, last room on the corner facing the pool, so basically where the bowling pin is to mark the stairs next to Hourglass Lake. It was a couple minutes to the main hall/bus stop. We liked Pop, and were going to stay there in January (but that might of changed). I'm a sucker for Lady and the Tramp though so I had secretly hoped we'd end up in the 50s section!

On Friday I looked at the flights I was looking at again, and they went down in price! :confused3 Like 25% overall, but it was like $100 each and a good chunk of points, so I booked them. I'm like 95% sure we're gonna do it. We'd be flying in late on the 15th, like midnight, and out late on the 17th. Which are now your Universal days :rotfl: I've still got the room at B Resort on points, though I thought about switching to another Disney Springs hotel because it's slightly less points... I can't see why it would matter for one DS hotel vs another at this point :confused3 Now today I can find Pop for $185/night + tax rack rate... It's also telling me that a Passholder offer room is available there... for $185/night + tax. I think it's confused!

We've made some changes

Changes? You? Never! :rotfl2:

and added breakfast at the new Ale and Compass Restaurant

Luke has been eyeing up this place as well! I have no idea where we'd fit it in, but I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

This weekend we went to see Evil Dead the Musical!

How was it?

I love these pom pom ears so much!

I love the Christmas ears they released this year! I'm really hoping they have some in stock in a few weeks when I'm at Disneyland!

I saw these Christmas corgi leggings and knew I needed them:

These are so cute!

First thing: I feel I need to mention to you that I've finally started watching The Good Place on Netflix. I love Kristen Bell so much.

We've made some changes

I'm shocked! haha

I just wore a pair of Halloween mouse ears :rotfl:

Halloween: you're doing it right.

I also have decided to return the Allbirds as sadly they aren’t working for me and now I have to find other sneakers with only a couple weeks to go. After I wore them a bit more I just really didn’t like them. They feel really tight with socks on, clammy with socks off, and the tops feel too narrow maybe? Kind of like their pressing on my big toe. I can absolutely see where I’d have the same problems with blisters even with these and if that’s the case I’d rather just buy regular sneakers.

I'm sad these didn't work out for you either! I really liked the idea of them and I wanted to love them, but I couldn't. I had a similar issue with my big toe, too.

I love these pom pom ears so much!

yi6T0jjl.png

Oh my gosh, these are so cute!

I saw these Christmas corgi leggings and knew I needed them:

MwsgDhal.png

Adorable!!

Yes! She's amazing and that show is amazing, the second season's been even better than the first!

Ooh that's encouraging! Because I just got to the end of the first season last night and I was kinda frustrated with how that all went down. I'll avoid saying too much in case anyone wants to watch it, but I don't usually like that whole "reset" kinda thing. Like I can't stand the movie, Groundhog Day! :laughing: But I really like the show so I was going to keep watching anyway, and glad to know it'll be worth it. :)

I love the shirt with the crown and candy canes :santa: I was packing tonight for our trip and decided I really need new shirts before we go again in March.
We're currently booked at Pop in March but pretty sure that'll change..... Very cool you're seeing Kurt Russel! I love him :love: We did the CP twice in 2012. It is beautiful, haven't felt the need to do it again but you should definitely do it once. And the narrator really influences your feelings on the whole thing I think.

I love the shirt with the crown and candy canes :santa: I was packing tonight for our trip and decided I really need new shirts before we go again in March.
We're currently booked at Pop in March but pretty sure that'll change..... Very cool you're seeing Kurt Russel! I love him :love: We did the CP twice in 2012. It is beautiful, haven't felt the need to do it again but you should definitely do it once. And the narrator really influences your feelings on the whole thing I think.

Have a fun trip! :laughing: I try not to buy too many shirts now but sometimes you just need new ones. I definitely wanted to do CP at least once, and Kurt Russell seemed like a good choice.

I'm really excited to start hearing about the Christmas stuff going on in the parks including the holiday food booth menus from Epcot. This week after looking around a bit more I was able to find a CSR reservation for the dates we switched to, we'll still be at Pop the first night but now we may have a chance at a refurbed room since I switched to a standard room. But after that we'll be at CSR the 9th-13th. @kittylady1972 I've been seeing more open for the dates that week if you're still looking for resorts!

Thanks! I keep stalking, and I actually found CSR for a single night, or maybe even 3 of the 4 nights. I always end up being short just one night. For now we are sticking with Pop, and I'm still holding our room at POR in case we can get one more room at either POR or POFQ. I keep looking.

-Ale and Compass CP package-10 am
Epcot food booths for lunch
CP with Kurt Russell as the narrator-5 pm
Chefs De France-8 pm
but this is the only day of our trip the FEA party and Sci fi are available).

So exciting...you'll be leaving CP as we are waiting to see it!

-QS breakfast at resort
Yak and Yeti-1:30, but we can move it because we have a Landry's card
so technically we don't need an ADR
JBJB Dessert Party-6:30 pm-I was thinking of not doing this one until I read
some of the new menu items, and pumpkin bread pudding has me sold!
but this is the only day of our trip the FEA party and Sci fi are available).

I am really tempted to book a dessert party, but fitting it into our plans is tough. JBJB sounds pretty interesting to me.

-Homecomin-12 pm
Skippers Canteen-5:40 pm
We can now fit HEA into our plans!

I kinda want to try Skippers Canteen as well...and I definitely want to catch HEA so my FIL can see it. I may need to do the dessert party for that instead of JBJB though. I don't see any way we can see both JBJB and HEA on our trip.

I made roasted pumpkin seeds.

70R9AMnl.jpg
Mmmmm....
Please mail to Colorado.

JBJB Dessert Party-6:30 pm-I was thinking of not doing this one until I read
some of the new menu items, and pumpkin pie bread pudding has me sold!
Pumpkin Pie bread pudding????

emma-stone-yum-gif.gif

I'm having trouble deciding what Holiday things we can/want to fit in on a tiny weekend trip. This is not helping :rotfl:

Last week was my dad's birthday party and here's his 2 cakes:

Two cakes! That sounds like my kind of bday celebration. I am a major fan of cake!

Nacho Friday is still going strong:

5VP5PS0l.jpg

My favorite food (also, cake.)

These look amazing, she did a really good job!

They're putting down new carpets at work so they pulled the old ones up and let me tell you they haven't replaced the carpets in over 25 years, that's 25 years worth of dust in the air. :crazy2:

Oh gross. If you were already feeling yucky this would definitely not help at ALL.

I LOVE this shirt, and you know I love these ears. They are so cute in person.

Your dad seems like a fun time, lol

Best gif!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!