I'm Outnumbered! Parenting Alone Through The Panama Canal (EBPC 2017)

After dinner, I went for a walk on deck 4.

37.jpg

Tonight's main theater entertainer was a ventriloquist, Michael Harrison. The show was okay. However, he totally made up for this ho-hum performance with his adult program later in the cruise. You can tell he is more accustomed to entertaining adults.

38.jpg

After the show, Jimmy went to the Edge for bit while Emily and I went to an animation class in the D Lounge where we learned how to draw Donald Duck.

39.jpg

We then headed up to deck 9 to watch Haunted Stories on the Funnel Vision. We couldn't be on deck 9 without getting a treat.

40.jpg

While on deck 9 we collected Jimmy. They kids said that they were tired so we headed back to the cabin. We stopped in the Promenade Lounge to get some snacks to take back to the room.

41.jpg

42.jpg

Pot stickers and wings - yum!

44.jpg

Once I got them settled with their snacks and TV, I headed to Azure for Match Your Mate. This is always my favorite adult game onboard. Once again, it did not disappoint!

43.jpg

After the game I returned to the cabin. The kids were still awake. We all got ready for bed and decided to call it a night. Tomorrow would be a big day.

45.jpg

Up Next...Happy Halloween!

Last edited:
Tell me more about Promenade Lounge. This is our first time on the Wonder!

The Promenade Lounge is a lounge on deck 3 positioned between Tiana's place and Triton's. During the day, it hosts a variety of family activities (games, animation classes, and crafts). In the evening, it hosts family-friendly live music. Throughout the day, they also offer snacks: pastries in the morning, chips and salsa midday, and warm snacks, sandwiches, and fruit in the evenings. As it is a lounge you can order drinks. They also have a collection of board games available to play at your convenience. In between hosted activities, I've found its a great place to read a book on rainy days. I hope this helps. Happy cruising!

Day 7, Tuesday, October 31, Sea Day

I woke on Halloween morning refreshed. I'd had my first good night's sleep since boarding. Of course, sleeping in meant that the morning was a little crazed. We had a jam-packed schedule today.

I started by showering and dressing in my costume. I then headed up to Cabana's to make up a communal breakfast plate for my family to share.

47.jpg

I got plenty of stares, giggles, and comments in Cabana's. Apparently, most folks weren't accustomed to dining with a superhero.

46.jpg

Next, I moved onto the most difficult task of the morning - waking the kids. They were actually rather motivated this morning. Trick or Treating with our Facebook group began at 10:30am. Candy does that for kids.

Emily went as Jasmin.

48.jpg 49.jpg

Jimmy was a hippie.

50.jpg

Tons of kids and cabins participated. We definitely got our exercise this morning!

51.jpg

The kids got so much candy they had to fill second bags.

52.jpg

Look at those stashes! (and I don't mean the fake one above Jimmy's lip ;) )

53.jpg

54.jpg

One thoughtful Treater and reader of my previous trip reports gave my family a special gift. She told me that she knew how much my family enjoyed ice cream and thought that these would be an excellent accompaniment. She was right! They were so yummy! If you are reading this, Generous Treater, thank you for your generosity and for thinking of us.

55.jpg

wow. how many cabins participated in that? and did you also do the ship sponsored Halloween trick or treating as well?

looks like they're having a great time but omg that's a ton of stuff!! I remember our candy bags were loaded just from the DCL event.

In our rush to get ready for trick or treating, we only got to nibble on the breakfast plate I'd gathered. So by the time the kids finished checking out their haul (and sampled a bit), we were starving for real food. We headed to Triton's.

46.jpg

47.jpg

Emily's original Jasmine costume turned out to be uncomfortably scratchy, so she changed into her second Jasmine costume. Having an abundance of Disney-wear can come in handy!

48.jpg

For his appetizer, Jimmy had the children's sausage pizza.

49.jpg

Emily had the clam chowder.

50.jpg

I skipped the appetizer and went straight to the main course. I had the ricotta gnocchi. This was so good!

51.jpg

Emily had the steak frites.

52.jpg

Jimmy had the fettuccine pasta.

53.jpg

wow. how many cabins participated in that? and did you also do the ship sponsored Halloween trick or treating as well?

looks like they're having a great time but omg that's a ton of stuff!! I remember our candy bags were loaded just from the DCL event.

There were 74 participating Treater cabins and 80 Trickers in the Facebook group and 10 Treater cabins and 33 Trickers in the Disboard group. The Disboard trick or treating didn't work out as well as I'd imagined, but the Facebook group was huge, well-organized, and generous. We also participated in the ship-sponsored trick or treating. All in all the kids received a ridiculous amount of candy. We ended up taking more candy home than what I brought onboard to distribute. It was a great time. My family would definitely participate in all of the activities again.

For dessert Jimmy got the sundae.

58.jpg

Emily had a Mickey bar.

55.jpg

I had the baklava and...

56.jpg

the coconut-pineapple bread pudding. Both of these were fabulous! The baklava was sweet, rich, and full of pistachios. The bread pudding was one of the best desserts I had onboard (or ever). I recommend them both.

57.jpg

Love the photo of the guacamole coming out of the pumpkin's mouth!
We are sailing the same itinerary in October and loving your trip report. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

Well heck, now I want a Halloween cruise. As you said, the theming is awesome. I wonder if I can duplicate the below? Is the first one made from HoneyDue and the bottom pumpkin puking guacamole?

Kate

67-jpg.304169

One thoughtful Treater and reader of my previous trip reports gave my family a special gift. She told me that she knew how much my family enjoyed ice cream and thought that these would be an excellent accompaniment. She was right! They were so yummy! If you are reading this, Generous Treater, thank you for your generosity and for thinking of us.

View attachment 304108[/QUOTE]
My pleasure, glad you enjoyed them :goodvibes

There were 74 participating Treater cabins and 80 Trickers in the Facebook group and 10 Treater cabins and 33 Trickers in the Disboard group. The Disboard trick or treating didn't work out as well as I'd imagined, but the Facebook group was huge, well-organized, and generous. We also participated in the ship-sponsored trick or treating. All in all the kids received a ridiculous amount of candy. We ended up taking more candy home than what I brought onboard to distribute. It was a great time. My family would definitely participate in all of the activities again.

Awwwww..I never saw you guys. We were on deck 5 forward treating as part of the facebook group.

Love the photo of the guacamole coming out of the pumpkin's mouth!
We are sailing the same itinerary in October and loving your trip report. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

You're welcome. I'm also a fan of the puking pumpkin and witch. The Wonder staff did a great job. It was a nice addition to the cruise.

Well heck, now I want a Halloween cruise. As you said, the theming is awesome. I wonder if I can duplicate the below? Is the first one made from HoneyDue and the bottom pumpkin puking guacamole?

Kate

I believe they were both made from pumpkins, and yes, the bottom pumpkin is puking guac. I love it!

View attachment 304108
My pleasure, glad you enjoyed them :goodvibes[/QUOTE] :flower1::thanks::flower1:

Awwwww..I never saw you guys. We were on deck 5 forward treating as part of the facebook group.

I'm sure we came by. It felt like we visited half the cabins on the ship. LOL! It was a great time. I also gave out candy on deck 2. It seemed like quite a few families called it quits by the time the crowd reached the lower levels. I had a ton of candy left to share with the CMs.

We left Cabana's and headed to Azure for dance class where we learned the Rumba. Emily joined us and sat along the sidelines to cheer Jimmy and I on. As usual, we had a blast. As soon as we finished dance, it was time for more Halloween fun - Mickey's Mouse-querade Party.

77.jpg

The kids played all of the games and received candy by the handful. By the end of today my kids could have opened their own candy store!

78.jpg

From the party, we returned to Azure to watch a juggler perform his family show. I forgot to record his name, but he was fantastic!

79.jpg

80.jpg

By the time we left Azure, the kids were Halloweened out! They wanted to return to our cabin and sort through their candy. While they binged on sugar, I went for a walk on deck 4.

81.jpg

At 5:15pm the kids and I went to ballroom dance practice. By now, they were both getting into it as much as I was. As usual we had to slip out of class early to go to dinner. Tonight we were in Animator's Palate with the California Menu.

I started with the marinated artichokes. I love these things! I may have eaten three servings of them :rolleyes1...

82.jpg

I also had the potato croquettes. These tasted amazing with the sun dried tomato dip that was served with the bread.

83.jpg

The sourdough bread served tonight was delicious. Our table ordered seconds.

84.jpg

If I hadn't had enough appetizers already, I also had the butternut squash soup. If you can't tell, I love this menu!

85.jpg

For his appetizer, Jimmy had the children's pizza and mac-n-cheese. He only ate the mac-n-cheese.

86.jpg

For my main course, I had the artichoke ravioli. This, too, I ate with the sun dried tomato dip. I highly recommend it!

87.jpg

Jimmy ordered the pork. It was tender, juicy, and delicious. I may have helped him finish it :rolleyes1...

88.jpg

Emily had the chicken breast. She didn't say much about it. She didn't eat much this evening as she was full of chocolate and nougat.

89.jpg

As if we hadn't eaten an obscene amount of food already, we ordered nearly the entire dessert menu.

Emily and Jimmy both ordered sundaes.

90.jpg

Jimmy also ordered a bowl of ice cream.

91.jpg

Emily also ordered the chocolate cake.

93.jpg

Oka brought us a chocolate-raspberry mousse cake for the table to sample.

94.jpg

I had the pear tart. This was fabulous!

95.jpg

I also had the crème brulee. It was good, but nowhere near as good as the tart.

96.jpg

After dinner, we distributed Halloween treats to Oka, Cris, Geoffrey, and our tablemates. We were determined to ensure that everyone aboard the Wonder had an equal opportunity to satisfy their sweet tooth. :P

97.jpg

98.jpg

Last edited:
We were determined to ensure that everyone aboard the Wonder had an equal opportunity to develop diabetes. :P

I'm sorry, but as a parent of a Type 1 Diabetic, I was a little offended by this comment. Diabetes, especially type 1, is a serious life threatening medical condition that is not brought on by the amount of sugar one consumes and should not be joked about.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!