I'm Outnumbered! Parenting Alone Through The Panama Canal (EBPC 2017)

So my 9yo saw the plentiful donuts and asked how many he was allowed to take, (we usually limit sweets as much as we can) I said as many as he could really eat. he was worried that they would run out the first day, his eyes got so big when I said that there was a new giant supply of donuts every day. haha

LOL! He'll be in donut heaven.

Loving your review!! Please post more soon!

Thank you! Glad to have you along for the ride.

Here are Emily's selections.

23.jpg

Jimmy's

28.jpg

and mine.

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

When Emily refilled her drink, she brought me back a pineapple/coconut muffin. She knows how much I love them.

32.jpg

Jimmy's breakfast got a tad messy.

33.jpg

The kids washed up and headed off to their clubs for little while. I ran some errands, including checking out Triton's lunch menu.

34.jpg

I then headed outside to enjoy this beautiful morning. Walking deck 4 in my free time was already becoming a habit for me.

38.jpg

43.jpg

At 11:30am, I met the children in the Promenade Lounge for a game of Pictionary. We were the only passengers to show up so we played with CMs Raani and Ross. As usual, we had a good time.

44.jpg

45.jpg

After the game, Jimmy headed off to the Edge, while Emily and I went to see The Rocketeer in the Buena Vista Theater. First though, we grabbed lunch from Cabana's to take with us. I forgot to grab a picture. Probably because I was so impressed by the young CM from Cabana's who kindly volunteered to carry our lunch plates all the way from the restaurant to the movie theater. Now that's service! By the time we made it to the theater, the lights were already turned down so taking a picture was out of the question. Both the meal and the movie were enjoyable.

46.jpg

After the movie, we collected Jimmy to get him lunch. The kids made themselves floats with mango soft serve and orchard's best juice - sort of a mango Dole whip. They were pretty good.

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

Jimmy also got pizza and a cookie. He's a huge fan of the Wonder's pizza.

50.jpg

Bellies full, we stopped by our cabin. Our room steward, Lorenzo had been by. Not only did he make up our beds, but he'd made up baby's as well.

54.jpg

Love your trip report! Will be traveling this December with our 5 kids (their first cruise, my second) and I'm thinking that a PC cruise might be a wonderful trip, one day!!

Love your trip report! Will be traveling this December with our 5 kids (their first cruise, my second) and I'm thinking that a PC cruise might be a wonderful trip, one day!!

Thank you! Have a great cruise in December. Your family will have a fantastic time.

We followed the movie with ballroom dancing in Azure then it was off to dinner at Tiana's Place.

58.jpg

64.jpg

The restaurant is lovely and the music is nice, but word to those with sensitive ears - it is loud! This is not a venue for quiet dinner conversation. However, it does offer excellent food and lively music. Know what to expect and you won't be disappointed.

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

I started with the Louisiana hot crab dip. It was as good as I remembered.

62.jpg

Jimmy ordered the corn dog off the children's menu as his appetizer.

63.jpg

Emily had the gravlax.

65.jpg

For her main course, Emily had the grilled marinated swordfish.

66.jpg

67.jpg

I had the trio of veal. It was scrumptious!

68.jpg

Jimmy had the jumbo shrimp.

69.jpg

The owner stopped by to say "hi."

70.jpg

71.jpg

Onto dessert...Emily had the sundae and the banoffee cream pie.

72.jpg

Jimmy had double sundaes.

73.jpg

I had the banoffee cream pie (yum!) and...

74.jpg

the flourless chocolate cake (even yummier!).

75.jpg

Emily's dinner wouldn't be complete without a bit of origami with Cris.

76.jpg

After a brief stop at our cabin, we made our way to the Walt Disney Theater to watch Shawn Farquhar. As I mentioned earlier, Shawn is a two-time world champion magician. Once again, we all enjoyed his performance. He is incredible.

79.jpg

Tonight the Edge was hosting a pajamarama movie party, so after the show, the kids got into comfy clothes and skittered off to the party. I went for a walk. It was so peaceful. The upper deck was a ghost town.

80.jpg

81.jpg

I then went to the Walt Disney Theater for the adult performance of The Filharmonic. These guys give me chills. They are amazing!

82.jpg

On my way back to the cabin, I stopped my the Pomenade Lounge and grabbed the kids snacks as promised.

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

I got ready for bed and updated my notes while I waited for the kids to return from their party. They made it back around 1am. They had a great time but were exhausted. It was time to call it a night.

77.jpg

78.jpg

Up Next...I'm a Winner!

No doubt you and the kids were having a wonderful time on the ship. That must be so nice to know you have so many days to enjoy things. We've done a couple of 7-day cruises, but nothing longer than that, and I didn't want to leave the ship.
Wow, that flourless chocolate cake looks incredible! That was a great routine for you to walk the deck after eating, lol. And what a beautiful view!
The mango Dole Whips look yummy! And I love how the looks of those coconut pineapple muffins!
The magician act and the A cappella group both seem like fun entertainment!

No doubt you and the kids were having a wonderful time on the ship. That must be so nice to know you have so many days to enjoy things. We've done a couple of 7-day cruises, but nothing longer than that, and I didn't want to leave the ship.
Wow, that flourless chocolate cake looks incredible! That was a great routine for you to walk the deck after eating, lol. And what a beautiful view!
The mango Dole Whips look yummy! And I love how the looks of those coconut pineapple muffins!
The magician act and the A cappella group both seem like fun entertainment!

We did have a wonderful time onboard. As I'm sure you've realized, my family cruises primarily for the ship. We've always had a blast, especially on the PC cruises. If you ever get to take a PC cruise you'll love the sea days. There is so much to do. You'll have to have the flourless chocolate cake. It is not to be missed!

Day 6, Monday, October 30, 2017, Puerto Vallarta

I woke much earlier than I'd hoped. After only six hours of sleep, I was wide awake. Nothing external contributed to my lack of sleep. It was only my circadian rhythms getting a kick out of messing me.

I let the kids sleep until 10:30am. With minimal effort, they got dressed and we headed to deck 9 for a snacky pseudo-breakfast.

Jimmy's plate

1.jpg

Emily's plate

2.jpg

and my plate. I had a turkey and cranberry sandwich with honeydew melon. The melon was sweet and ripe. The bread on the sandwich was rather hard but it tasted good.

3.jpg

At 11:45am we headed to the Promenade Lounge for another round of Pictionary. This time plenty of people showed up. We ended up playing adults vs. kids.

4.jpg

I kid you not, every boy on the kids' team was around Jimmy's age and was wearing an oversized hoodie. Clearly my son is not the only young teen who wears one everywhere.

5.jpg

The adults won the game!

6.jpg

We stuck around after Pictionary to play charades.

8.jpg

Here's my son trying to imitate a princess.

9.jpg

By the time charades ended, I was starving! So, we headed to Triton's.

7.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Jimmy ordered the beef satay skewers.

12.jpg

Emily and I both had the farfalle pasta. It was delicious!

13.jpg

For dessert, Emily had the chocolate raspberry cheesecake tart.

14.jpg

Jimmy had the sundae.

15.jpg

16.jpg

I wasn't impressed with the selections so I went up to Cabana's. I had coconut-pineapple ice cream (my favorite), pineapple upside down cake, and some sort of bread pudding. I also sampled the gnocchi and pesto. Everything was scrumptious.

17.jpg

Thanks for posting all this!! It is great to see all the food and fun we have to look forward to. It looks like you guys had a great time! Its almost time to pack for the next panama canal cruise - only 7 more weeks (but who's counting?)!! -Nancy

Thanks for posting all this!! It is great to see all the food and fun we have to look forward to. It looks like you guys had a great time! Its almost time to pack for the next panama canal cruise - only 7 more weeks (but who's counting?)!! -Nancy

It won't be long now. I can't wait!

We left Triton's and went to the Promenade Lounge for Star Wars crafts.

18.jpg

Aren't they cute?

19.jpg

Next we decided to hit the movie theater and watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I love Baby Groot!

20.jpg

We went straight from the movie to Azure for ballroom dance practice. Jimmy was such a great partner. Dancing with him made me feel more coordinated than I actually am. LOL! Emily got into it, too. I tell you its addictive!

From dance, we went to dinner in Triton's. We ate alone tonight. Our tablemates opted for Cabana's after a long shore excursion. For the record, they did not have a positive experience eating dinner there. After hearing about their experience, I don't feel bad having never tried it.

21.jpg

We had the standard Triton's rotational menu. Apparently, I forgot to take a picture of it.

22.jpg

Emily started with the escargot. She loves this!

23.jpg

Emily's cocoa mustache.

24.jpg

I had the duck confit. This was as good as always.

25.jpg

Jimmy's appetizer was the children's mac-n-cheese.

26.jpg

I also had the bosc pear salad.

27.jpg

For her main course, Emily had French fries and...

28.jpg

a bowl of broccoli. That girl loves broccoli!

29.jpg

I had the crispy roasted duck breast. Yum!

30.jpg

Jimmy had the mushroom stuffed pasta.

31.jpg

While we waited for dessert, Oka tested the kids with some games. After several cruises, they can no longer be stumped.

32.jpg

Tonight's artwork.

33.jpg

For dessert both of the kids had sundaes.

34.jpg

I had the crème brulee.

35.jpg

Jimmy finished his meal with chocolate milk and apparently a lot of bubbles.

36.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!