I'm not changing my Disney VISA

10drum

Mouseketeer
Greetings,

I am charter member of the Disney Visa. It has been difficult to go the WDW each year as we did from 99 until 07, because we have children in college. I paid for my daughter's college with my DV and had over $1200 points accumulated since 07, so I used them last July on a family trip to WDW and thought I may change to a chase cash back card when we got back. Nope...we had so much fun I can't wait to go back in a few more years, infact I'm paying for my son's school with it now. I was sort of worried that our 2 adult children and one of their friends might not enjoy it as we did in the past. They had more fun than when they were little, and so did their mother & I.

Keep the card.

That's a pretty good idea! I will check next semester and see if I can pay DD's tuition with my Disney VISA. I'll have the actual cash to pay off the balance, but why not get a little bit "back", and investment in a future vacation?!

I thought of using the card to pay tuition bills but the kid's college charges a 3% surcharge for credit card payments so I would be loosing money on the exchange.

We use Disney Visa for purchases that are not on the 5% from Chase Freedom. I like the Disney Rewards but I have to be honest that 5% on gas and airfare is better than 1% in Disney money. We just cashed out the money on the Chase Freedom.

I used the Disney Visa for a few large items, like auto insurance, large dental bills, down payments on a new (used) car. In the past I also used it to pay tuition at DD local community college. It adds up.

I have about $300 so far for my March trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter