I'm Having a Me Party, A Party By Myself- solo Nov 2017 PTR *Updated 10/20*

I love your bucket list for this trip! I am inspired now to make my own for my solo trip!

I have attempted to do 4 parks in one day, but I was totally sidetracked and did not follow the rules for my own challenge. I wonder if I can fit this then again this time around? Great idea.

Oh, I must have a drink at Abracadabar! Totally forgot about that one...and we will be so close. Maybe Tuesday night I can squeeze that in!

I wonder if Rivers of Light will be available in November. I need to look that up!

I have not had the Nutella Waffle, but oh my the chicken and waffle was awesome!

Your to do list sounds great! A lot of new things to experience :)
I can't wait, there's always new things to do.

I love your bucket list for this trip! I am inspired now to make my own for my solo trip!
It's a really great way for me to hold myself accountable to do new things. If not I might get stuck in a rut and just do the same things over and over, which isn't bad. But in helping others plan their vacation it's become important for me to have as much first hand knowledge as possible so I actually feel like I know what I'm talking about.

I have attempted to do 4 parks in one day, but I was totally sidetracked and did not follow the rules for my own challenge. I wonder if I can fit this then again this time around? Great idea.
:rotfl2:Since I really only have one full day to do the parks, it kind of became a necessity.

Oh, I must have a drink at Abracadabar! Totally forgot about that one...and we will be so close. Maybe Tuesday night I can squeeze that in!
That's what I'm think. Conference stuff should only go to 5 at latest according to the FAQ, so I think it's doable.

I wonder if Rivers of Light will be available in November. I need to look that up!
I really hope so, I really want to see it.

I have not had the Nutella Waffle, but oh my the chicken and waffle was awesome!
That sounds delicious too. Why must Disney have so many delicious foods?

Just wanted to share my happy news that I was able to save money on my hotel and flight .

giphy.gif

Southwest had their deal running for my dates, and every time I have every tried to get one of their sales applied to my trip, my dates or airports are never included. Well I finally lucked out this time around and saved $25. Not a ton, but that's at least one food item at Food and Wine right? :rotfl2:

Second, Disney released their fall discount last week. I looked tireless for three days, but the discounts were pretty much nonexistent for any of the dates of the promotion, let alone my dates. Well finally, I guess they released more discounts because I was able to apply it to my reservation. The discount was scant, I think 10%, but I ended up saving around $60, so I'll take it. Every little bit counts, right?

200w.webp

This one is going to be quite the struggle for me. I Haven't watched the fireworks in front of the castle in a long time. I have gotten quite spoiled being able to watch them from other places in the Magic Kingdom. However, since this will be my first time to see it I want it to be in front, so I can see the projections. I am just not sure I want to deal with the crowds. So we'll see how this works out.

One possible solution to the crowds (and maybe also a new thing to check off your list?) would be to do the HEA Fireworks Dessert Party! The plaza garden viewing area has great views, from what I've seen, and doesn't get too crowded! No having to stake out a spot hours before showtime AND you get yummy desserts! :love: It's $59 for an adult and it might be nice to do when you're solo and don't have to pay for anyone else! If you've already done the party and knew all of this, just disregard my post :laughing:

Hi :wave: just found your PTR, and I'm joining in!

Okay, so this isn't exactly about expanding my Disney knowledge, but I just really want to do it. I have done three in one day, but never four.

I've never done that either. Sounds like a fun challenge!

OMG I want everything

Same.

I actually haven't heard anyone talk about this place, so I have no idea if it's good or not, but the concept is really intriguing to me and I would like to give it try.

I haven't either! It does look cool though.

I have listened to the soundtrack though and I love it, so I'm hoping the visuals live up to that.

I love the music :lovestruc

Not a ton, but that's at least one food item at Food and Wine right? :rotfl2:

Yupp :rotfl:

The discount was scant, I think 10%, but I ended up saving around $60, so I'll take it. Every little bit counts, right?

I switched resorts, and saved $1 a night...so that's like a whole $5. :laughing:

One possible solution to the crowds (and maybe also a new thing to check off your list?) would be to do the HEA Fireworks Dessert Party! The plaza garden viewing area has great views, from what I've seen, and doesn't get too crowded! No having to stake out a spot hours before showtime AND you get yummy desserts! :love: It's $59 for an adult and it might be nice to do when you're solo and don't have to pay for anyone else! If you've already done the party and knew all of this, just disregard my post :laughing:
I have done the dessert party and would consider doing it again just to avoid the crowds, but I am not sure about doing it solo. You've given me something to think about though.

Hi :wave: just found your PTR, and I'm joining in!
:welcome:

I've never done that either. Sounds like a fun challenge!
I think it will be, we'll see

I don't know how I will decide what to actually try.

I haven't either! It does look cool though.
Yeah, I read a review and while it's not as awesome as Trader Sam's I think it will be fun.

I love the music :lovestruc
It's so good:love:

I switched resorts, and saved $1 a night...so that's like a whole $5. :laughing:

Every bit definitely counts when it comes to saving money! Just think of the food/souvenirs you could have instead! So that's great news!

I am in the double digits!

Does anybody else celebrate little milestones?

200.gif

It does make the countdown seem better, at least for me. My countdown was supposed to be at 99 today, but that's not true anymore. Today would have been my double digit day, but I had to change my dates. Also, the savings I posted the other day... yeah I lost that too.

200.gif

Don’t be sad for me though, because I actually added two days to the beginning of my trip and it was TOTALLY worth it. Not only that, but I will have a partner in crime for those first two days.

200.gif

So let me explain a little bit. 2017 has been a very difficult year for us. In February my husband lost his job, due to his company filing bankruptcy. We had only three months to completely uproot our life in Michigan and try to start over somewhere else. It has, thankfully all worked out for us, but it still hasn’t been easy. On top of being alone with the boys for almost two months to wrap things up in Michigan, life in Texas has been a bit of an adjustment. Nothing bad about Texas, but out life is very different from the one we had built in Michigan and we’re still figuring it all out. All that being said, my DH and I have been itching to get away just the two of us. He can only get away for the weekend, but my parents agreed to watch the boys and we booked the trip last night. :jumping1:

So DH only has two days, but we are going to jam pack them with as much as possible. We had such a blast on our couple trip May 2015 and I can’t wait for this little get away. We were originally going to go somewhere around here for our anniversary weekend in September, but this is basically taking that place. So we’ll celebrate our 9 year anniversary a month and a half later.

So let me introduce you to my DH.

He is 29, recent-ish Disney convert. I have slowly been getting him over to the Disney side since our trip in 2014 and, while he’ll never be a planner or do research about Disney, he loves our trips and wants to go as much as me. He's a big fan of Star Wars and Marvel. Favorite park is Hollywood Studios and favorite ride is Rock N Roller Coaster.

So we will now leave Friday 11/3 after he gets off of work and get in late. I was able to just add on the two nights to the already made ASM reservations, so that was good. He’ll fly out late Sunday and then the rest of the week will be as before for me.

giphy.gif

97 Days and Counting

This is such great news! (Aside from you losing your discounts, of course.) How awesome that you'll get some time alone to enjoy the Disney magic! Two days may be short, but you can get a lot done in two days! Our May trip only had two park days, and it was a ton of fun. Can't wait to hear how it shapes up with the new plans!

Does anybody else celebrate little milestones?

200.gif

Yes! :cheer2:

So we will now leave Friday 11/3 after he gets off of work and get in late. I was able to just add on the two nights to the already made ASM reservations, so that was good. He’ll fly out late Sunday and then the rest of the week will be as before for me.

It's awesome you guys can get away together now!

How great that your DH will get to join you for a few days before AEP...banning mine until after :rotfl2:. Actually I am pretty excited to have a mini vacation with him...we have not done that in over 20 years! I bet the two of you have a gret time!

I totally let double digit dance slip by...

That's amazing that DH will be able to join you for a quick weekend! That will be so fun and a great way to start your trip!

This is such great news! (Aside from you losing your discounts, of course.) How awesome that you'll get some time alone to enjoy the Disney magic! Two days may be short, but you can get a lot done in two days! Our May trip only had two park days, and it was a ton of fun. Can't wait to hear how it shapes up with the new plans!
I've got quite ambitious plans, but I think even if we did nothing we would have a blast.

Yes! :cheer2:

It's awesome you guys can get away together now!
I know, I love my kids, but couples trips are the best.

How great that your DH will get to join you for a few days before AEP...banning mine until after :rotfl2:. Actually I am pretty excited to have a mini vacation with him...we have not done that in over 20 years! I bet the two of you have a gret time!
How exciting, you definitely deserve this then. I wish we could actually do the cruise but it's my mom's birthday that weekend so no cruise for us. Hopefully they have a similar option at a different time of year, it can't in November every year right?

That's amazing that DH will be able to join you for a quick weekend! That will be so fun and a great way to start your trip!
I am so excited, although I don't know if it will make me feel more lonely once he's gone :confused:

Following! I love your Disney bucket list and there are definitely a few things on there I would love to do, like visiting all 4 parks in 1 day and F&W, since I just never get to go during that time of year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!