I'm going to WDW this year too!!!

traveljunkie

Mouseketeer
Thought I'd post here because you've all been so helpful and supportive about my first DLR (with DCA) since 1998!

I am taking my parents, sister & brother to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday! It will only be us five, no extended families, no kids. Booked a room for a week at Old Key West and we're using the military ticket deal!

We're going in October and I'm so excited...yet apprehensive about going with this group. My siblings and I all live in different states and don't really see each other much or talk. Not that there's anything wrong, just distant. They'll know what a Disney/planning fanatic I am (I keep swearing to myself I'm just gonna go with the flow and not plan anything :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It all began with an email which I rewrote 15 times :rotfl: and they both agreed which FLOORED me!! My parents are in and we're moving foward!!

Now to start planning all over again :surfweb: err I mean sitting back and waiting for October...

Enjoy your trip! Nothing wrong with planning ahead - in fact, with WDW, they'll appreciate that you took the time to get organized. You don't have to have a minute by minute play by play, but a general guideline will certainly help. Have fun planning! :goodvibes

You'll have a great time! Go ahead and do all the planning you want! That's part of the fun (at least it is for me :rotfl2: ) Then when you are there just be flexible-go with the flow and if things change, don't sweat it. You'll still have a wonderful time. And don't be afraid to take a break from the siblings if neccessary. Everyone needs a little alone time. :goodvibes

BTW-I'm the planner in my family. Most of the times it's my DM69, DD9, and myself 49 who go. I make an ADR for each day (usually dinner) and I know going in that we won't keep all of them. (As I have to keep reassuring my DM, all the time :lmao: ) We usually go for 10 nights and we always have days where we don't go into the parks. That's one of the reasons most of my ADRs are in non-park locations. DTD and the resorts. That way we don't have to use a ticket just to eat. When we are at WDW if our plans change, as soon as I know then I call DD and cancel the ADR and try to get another one (unless we're eating off property). Surprisingly you can still get some ADRs even the day of.

Don't sweat it-do your thing and plan to make changes. :thumbsup2

Great advice. I always make ADRs when my family goes so I will probably make them for this trip too. I have my park days figured way in advance with ADR's which I'll still do but I bet we don't make most of them this time. My brother said he doesn't really need to sit down and have a big meal. My DH and I always look at it as a nice scheduled break that forces us to slow down for at least an hour.

I remember our first BIG trip to WDW and we took my parents. I had researched day and night, planning, organizing etc etc and we walked into Epcot --on a busy July morning--and he says I think we should ride the 'big ball' right now because it's right here. I will praying for strength :rotfl2:

Don't sweat it-do your thing and plan to make changes. I think you just came up with my October motto! Thanks

I will miss this side of the board but I still have 1 1/2 weeks to soak it all in for DLR. I can't wait!!

How fun! I just today got the Unofficial Guide to WDW from the library for a trip in...2012! :rotfl: If I start learning about it now, maybe I'll be ready by then! My only dilema is how to save for WDW if I keep going to DLR! :rotfl:

It looks like you are a WDW pro, but I just thought I would dig up my planning thread from October on which so many here gave me gret tips for an adults ony WDW vacation.

I had looked at the WDW board and realized mostly everyone posting was as clueless as I, but on the DL board, there were WDW vets who were looking for DL advice - so I ran my thread here, and got GREAT advice.

Here's my thread with some excellent tips and ideas for an adults only trip. Maybe you will learn something new from it that will add to your WDW trip.

By the way, can I come too? hehe We soooo want to go back!

Here's the link,
Dreams

Dreams,
I just read the whole thread you sent about your October trip. So how'd it go???? You had so many great things planned, did it all go off without a hitch? Did you have a wonderful, magical 8 days?? Happy Belated Anniversary! My 20th is this summer and I don't have anything planned...Don't think it'll be DLR OR WDW :confused3

Dreams,
I just read the whole thread you sent about your October trip. So how'd it go???? You had so many great things planned, did it all go off without a hitch? Did you have a wonderful, magical 8 days?? Happy Belated Anniversary! My 20th is this summer and I don't have anything planned...Don't think it'll be DLR OR WDW :confused3

Our 20th is this summer too! We'll be at DLR! :yay: Ours is June 10th, but we had to wait for DH to get out school (teacher) so we are going at the end of June.

I would also love to know how that trip turned out! What a great informative thread!

Yay! We are too! I booked Pop yesterday evening! We'll be there 9/30-10/08. 1st time for all of us, my mom is coming with us, 10/7 is her B~day!

You will love OKW! We are staying there for our fourth time in June, its a favorite of ours. And given the space in those units, you and your family will have plenty of room to spread around in!

I'm looking forward to partaking in the local drinks and so many other things. You know what's wierd is that we just got back today from our California trip and I've temporarily lost that lovin' feeling :love: about planning again. Thanks for the upbeat info about OKW, I've gotta get back that love:love:...I think I'm suffering from post tramatic planning syndrome! :confused3

heres another DL junkie who's also going to wdw 11/30-12/6 and then 12/6-12/10 Im on the DCL...this is a HUGE trip Ive been planning forever...Ive had the cruise paid for since April of last year but Im waiting till they start with the fall promotions to book my resort pkg....Im hoping to get into POR but my back up will be ASMu...basically if the price isnt good for POR I will be doing value resort..I have decided to go with deluxe dining because most of the places I want to eat are TS not CS and I made a list of everywhere I wanted to eat and the prices would be a little more done without the dining plan than with so Im going for it..I will use ME over there and DCL from resort to ship or else rent a car maybe....havent decided that far yet...

Free dining @ WDW special going on right now.....

yep Im well aware but Im going at Christmas time and they arent going to be offering it at that time and we all know it...Im hoping that I can just get a discounted room rate and I will be happy...*keeping fingers crossed*

Another DL nut, going to WDW in Nov. We'll be at AKV for a week and then 22 of us will be taking our first Wonder cruise on 11/15. We've added a couple of nights to check out the new Treehouse Villas at SSR after the cruise. I need to remember the motto...Don't sweat the small stuff, when everyone that doesn't want to be involved in the planning asks "now what are we going to do?"

Thought I'd post here because you've all been so helpful and supportive about my first DLR (with DCA) since 1998!

I am taking my parents, sister & brother to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday! It will only be us five, no extended families, no kids. Booked a room for a week at Old Key West and we're using the military ticket deal!

We're going in October and I'm so excited...yet apprehensive about going with this group. My siblings and I all live in different states and don't really see each other much or talk. Not that there's anything wrong, just distant. They'll know what a Disney/planning fanatic I am (I keep swearing to myself I'm just gonna go with the flow and not plan anything :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It all began with an email which I rewrote 15 times :rotfl: and they both agreed which FLOORED me!! My parents are in and we're moving foward!!

Now to start planning all over again :surfweb: err I mean sitting back and waiting for October...

I just can't seem to let go of this side of the board....I have to tell you bad news, good news, bad news & good news about this trip.

BAD - Had to Cancel October trip...my sister needed to cancel...she was willing to wait and see but I would lose even more $$ and she and my mother would be worried and stressed about the whole thing. The whole purpose was to be all together for my Dad's 70th
GOOD- because my niece is pregnant and due the VERY week we scheduled
BAD - I lost $129 because I cancelled with RCI for OKW (sister offered to pay but I'm the one who ultimately decided to cancel for peace...
GOOD - I'm going a month earlier and we're staying at VWL (need the good bad and ugly before this evening to cancel...)

So I was disappointed and upset but now I'm happy again :cloud9: but still nervous about travelling with this crazy, unpredictable group....

So I will officially be changing my ticker today....I think :wizard:

thoughts on VWL???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter