I'm going to Disneyland - question about lodging

TnRobin

The prodical child
Hubby just told me that the annual GFOA convention (that he always goes to) is going to be held in Anaheim next year. :banana: :banana:

He wants Matt (DS -11) and me to go with him - Like he had a choice in the matter after he told me where it was at.

My question - Is the Candy Cane still a good place to stay. We stayed there about 5 years ago and it was really nice for a motel. I guess I just want to make sure it has not gone downhill. The only thing that is worrying me is I noticed it only got 2 diamonds from AAA this year.

I haven't stayed there, but I have heard good things about it from this board. I know all the hotels that are across the street are a little older, but you can't beat the price + convenience factor! :goodvibes

Just stayed there last month, and loved it! I'm be there again next month as well. It is currently rated at the #1 hotel in that area by tripadvisor.com

We stayed there in November and thought it was great. :cheer2: The rooms were lovely and very clean. We all (14 of us) thought the beds were super comfortable and the place was quiet and peaceful despite how incredibly busy it was (Veteran's Day weekend....). The breakfast was perfectly fine too. The walk to the resort is short and if you don't want to walk they have a private shuttle that runs frequently. There is a large store at the entrance to the parking lot and plenty of restaurants close. There is plenty of parking and the spots were plenty big enough for the large car we rented.

I stayed there as a child and remember getting a candy cane pen...I was so pleased to see they still had them some (yikes) 30 odd years later! :bitelip:

We have stayed in many of the Harbour Blvd. hotels and while we liked som of them, we found Candy Cane Inn to be our favourite! :sunny:

ZeusNike said:
We have stayed in many of the Harbour Blvd. hotels and while we liked som of them, we found Candy Cane Inn to be our favourite! :sunny:

Us too. We've stayed a lot of different places in the area over the last 15 years. It was the first place that we said we would happily recomend and return to.

I have stayed there many times over the past few years, most recently in feb. and I love it. It is the best motel there, comfy beds nice clean rooms, free food and a private shuttle it can't be beat. :cheer2: I had orginally planned to stay there this november for my wedding in Laguna and post wedding weekend at the parks but my dad is getting us a concierge room at the Grand Californian instead so the Candy Cnae will have to wait for a bit. :p

Thanks. It sounds like things have not changed since we stayed there. Thanks guys. Now I just have to wait 14 months.

Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter