I'm going to Disney, even if I have to run there!!

Yeah, I've been a slacker. I haven't been doing much exercise, so I didn't feel I had much to say this past week.

I walked with BFFs a couple of times, and went on the treadmill twice. There has been a decent amount of eating too. We had ravioli night last monday, and a couple of birthdays that involved dinner/cake, so I wasn't surprised to see I was up another pound this morning.

The next two weeks will be very busy with finishing up the xmas shopping, wrapping, and baking. I did most of my wrapping on Saturday and xmas cards on Sunday, so it's not too bad, but I do need to get back out to the store one day this week to get all the miscellaneous gifts (work, bookclub, teachers, giftcards). So I will try to get in some exercise today, as I don't plan on shopping today since I need to do the track pickup somewhere around 5/5:30ish. I'll get on the treadmill and maybe watch something on DVR. Tomorrow I'm going to start the cookie factory and make some of the dough to put in the fridge til I can bake it. DH is taking kids into NYC to see a Rangers game, so I'll have lots of time and no demands, so my plan is to just stay home and do cookie dough and treadmill.

Bear with me through these next two weeks and things will get better!!!

So, I'm still slacking, but thought I'd just check in. Lots of eating out and parties this past week, but somehow my weight is the same:banana: I also baked christmas cookies and have been eating them, but just not a rediculous quantity. I have walked with the BFFs a bit, and went to NYC on Saturday and walked ALOT. We saw the Addams family with the kids and in-laws. Don't waste your money. It's actually going off on 12/31, and I see why. Saw the tree at Rockefeller, Bryant park, and various other decorations, we just love NYC this time of year.

I'm almost ready for Christmas, just some miscellaneous wrapping. I need to clean my house really good since Christmas is at my house. I will hopefully get in some exercise today and tomorrow, since I won't bother cleaning yet since it will just get messed up anyway.

I'm thinking that starting Monday I will start getting back on track with running/walking again. I have some time off next week and just need to get with the program.

In case I don't get back on here this week, I would like to wish you all a very
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!:santa:

Just wanted to pop in to wish everyone a very merry Christmas! Hoping to go for my first run in weeks tomorrow to start anew. I'll check back in a day or two.

Ok, so I'm back again!

After several days of eating poor quality food, I feel fat. I didn't do too bad on the quantity, as I never stuffed myself sick, but there were very few things that were healthy the past few days. Also, my neighbor gave me a box of really good belgian chocolates, so those are taunting me. I had Christmas dinner at my house and still have left over prime rib:love: so I have been eating that, but trying to keep it to a minimum.

I didn't get on the scale yet, and I think I'll postpone that a bit so I don't get discouraged.

I've decided that I will be good this week, but keeping in mind that New Year's eve is coming and it's usually a bad night for me. We have a party and it's the one night a year I actually drink too much with my girlfriends (well, it's the one that I actually plan to drink too much, sometimes it just happens:confused3). And there's always too many appetizers and desserts, so I tend to eat more than I should.

Yesterday I went for a walk with my BFFs since we were all available, and needed to catch up on our Christmas festivities with each other. Today I am planning to run as soon as I get home from work. It's supposed to rain today, so I'm hoping to get out there before that happens, otherwise I will just go on the treadmill.

I'll try to journal a few times this week. I am off work Thursday, Friday, and Monday, and it's actually harder to journal at home, since it's a competition for the laptop, and when I am lucky enough to get it, the power cord is inevitably somewhere else, so it involves a search party. I usually use my Ipad at home, but don't like to type much on there.

So, stay tuned as I find my way back to the path of healthy living.

I had a good day yesterday. I got on the treadmill and did 3.1miles of running/walking and there is no pain today. When I got on, I thought I'd just do 2 miles since I haven't done much lately, but once I got near that I thought I could do 2.5, then once I got near there, I thought, eh, what's another .6. I'm a little bummed that I have hardly anything on my DVR to watch since everythings been repeats lately. If I go on there today, I have UP recorded from 2 weeks ago and I may watch half of that if I stay in.

It was pouring out when I got home yesterday, so the treadmill was the only option. Today I may venture outside since it looks nice out so far. Foodwise wasn't bad. There was some chocolate during the day, but nothing horrific.

I did get on the scale this morning and it was about the same. I can't remember exactly where it was last time I got on, but its been hovering around the same area. I was pretty happy with that. I think I'll start writing it in a journal so I don't forget.

I had a good day yesterday. I got on the treadmill and did 3.1miles of running/walking and there is no pain today. When I got on, I thought I'd just do 2 miles since I haven't done much lately, but once I got near that I thought I could do 2.5, then once I got near there, I thought, eh, what's another .6. I'm a little bummed that I have hardly anything on my DVR to watch since everythings been repeats lately. If I go on there today, I have UP recorded from 2 weeks ago and I may watch half of that if I stay in.

It was pouring out when I got home yesterday, so the treadmill was the only option. Today I may venture outside since it looks nice out so far. Foodwise wasn't bad. There was some chocolate during the day, but nothing horrific.

I did get on the scale this morning and it was about the same. I can't remember exactly where it was last time I got on, but its been hovering around the same area. I was pretty happy with that. I think I'll start writing it in a journal so I don't forget.

Glad to see you're getting back into the swing of things. The holidays are always tough between the food and the chaos. I've probably gained 5-10lbs. myself, but will get that off quickly!

Just popping in here for a quick hello and Happy New Year!

I'm back at work and trying to get back into a routine. I've been walking or treadmill all but yesterday. I was a major lump yesterday. I had the day off and went out to breakfast with DH, then some shopping and got my tree down already. My food habits were actually pretty good over the weekend. In fact, I was so busy drinking on Saturday, I forgot to eat :lmao: I was also good on Sunday, but Monday and today weren't very good.

I am planning to get on the treadmill after work today. I want to have a really good week this week since we are going to Las Vegas this weekend from Saturday until Tuesday, so I'm sure I'll be doing some inappropriate eating/drinking. It's DH, myself, SIL, BIL, and two of their kids that are over 21. My MIL is going to be on kid/dog patrol at my house. Hoping to win some money so I can pay for my Disney trip:banana:.

Wow, two weeks without posting!!! WHAT A SLACKER!!!!

It's been an eventful 2 weeks. I have been on the treadmill occasionally, and have done some weights occasionally, but nothing consistantly.

We went to Las vegas from the 7th to the 10th. Unfortunately we didn't win any money, in fact, we made a small donation (but did manage to come home with some of what we went with, so in my mind I'm a winner). We did a lot of walking since we were down one end at the Palazzo, and we went all the way up to Mandalay bay, now that's a hike.

I came to realize on this trip how different my travel style is from my husbands when it comes to food. He didn't want to waste time eating, and only wanted to do it to fill the empty feeling in his stomach. This resulted in skipped meals, and food court food:scared1:. Here we are in a city with some of the best restaurants known to mankind and I'm eating Panda express and pizza (they don't even do pizza the right way:confused3). Now, I don't need a fancy sitdown meal everyday (though I do like it;)), but I like to feel like my calories are "worth it", and that I have enjoyed what I ate, that didn't happen here. So my food intake was terrible and not even enjoyable:guilty:. One day we did eat at Margaritaville (but that was burgers and nachos), and another day at their version of Cheesecake factory (which was a concession on his part since I finally complained). We were also traveling with my SIL, BIL, neice(24) and nephew(21), who all seemed perfectly fine with my husbands choices:confused:.

Onto my progress, or lack thereof.....
My weight is still hovering around the low end of what's been normal for me lately. So I'm still down 5 lbs from where I started 3 months ago. but that's pretty lame, so I'm back on the bandwagon. This week is filling up quickly, but I will fit in some treadmill activity today, and probably Thursday/Friday. Tomorrow I think I need to go to the mall after work (and while I'm there, I'll stop by the Disney store again in an effort to use some of my giftcards).

Today I have a routine Dr. Appt. My current Dr. is a bit overweight, so she doesn't give me the lectures about losing weight, which I like about her. My old Dr. would give me the lecture even when I didn't feel I was overweight.

So I thought I'd make a reasonable goal to work towards. I would like to be down 20 lbs by Memorial weekend. Which is totally do-able. I will set that goal first, and see how I feel about things then.

So, I did get on the treadmill on Tuesday, but not very long. I had a lot of bookkeeping for the pool I belong to, we have a meeting tonight and I need to give a report for the year, so I did that, then did dinner and went to see a friend that I needed to visit for Christmas still. I did have that Dr. Appt and she did mention that by law she needed to give advise about my weight. I could tell she was uncomfortable doing this, as she is a bigger woman, but gotta do what you gotta do. I apparently need to lose 30lbs to be within my "healthy" range. Not a surprise.

Yesterday was a terrible day. I went to the mall to get a gift for my bookclub secret santa. While there, I went into the disney store and once again bought nothing. It's mostly kids costumes and toys. There were some cute mugs, but I have too many right now, and there were some nice shirts, but I don't want to buy any until I have a trip confirmed, which I won't know for sure until the school calendar is out (and I'm never convinced I'm going until airfare is bought). Then I saw cinnabon:lovestruc. I haven't had one of these in at least 5 years. I decided to treat myself. I got one and sat at a table so I could enjoy it hot. It was delicious:love:. I couldn't help but notice that they are now about half the size that they used to be. They used to fill the box, now it looked lonely in there. Not that I needed to be eating something that big anyway, but for $4.25, it was pretty small.

Then I stopped at Sams club and bought some croissants (among other things). I ate one when I got home, then made a chicken sandwich on one later on for dinner (everyone else had tacos and I'm not a big fan). Best chicken salad sandwich ever. I just wish I hadn't eaten the one when I got home.:rolleyes1

So, today is a new day. I have time after work to go on the treadmill. Dinner will be homemade soup. Then I have a meeting at the school at 7, then a pool board meeting at 7:30, so that should fill my night so I won't be eating.

It's been a slow start up again. I've done some weights and core stuff lately, but haven't gotten on the treadmill. Food hasn't been that great either. Quantity hasn't been bad, but quality was poor. We had snow on Saturday which brought on the hibernation instincts, so I made pancakes and bacon for breakfast and some peanut butter rice krispie treats for snacks. And yesterday was my book club Christmas party at a restaurant and I was bad there too.

But it's Monday, a day for new beginnings, and I feel fat. So I have started writing down my food this morning and intend on getting on the treadmill today, I'll shoot small and hope for 2 miles just to get myself on there, sometimes that's the biggest battle, then once I'm on, I will often go farther. Summer's not far away and I am definitely bigger than last summer so that just won't do.

I'm also almost ready to commit to a date for my Disney trip. I was thinking late September because of the wine and dine half marathon (wasn't going to do that, but probably the Halloween 5k). Now they've changed it to the TOT 13K, which I also won't be running;). I'm hoping they'll still do the Halloween 5k then, as it doesn't make sense to do it Nov 10 when the wine and dine half was moved to. This would require my high school kids to miss 2 or 3 days combined with a weekend and a jewish holiday, making the trip 5 or 6 nights. My other option is Jersey week, as the kids don't have school that week (just got the calendar Thursday). Of course that makes the most sense, except that we are planning to go with the in-laws and FIL is retired and works the voter polls, and looks forward to that big social event all year long:rolleyes1, combined with the fact that it's a presidential election, he said he's not sure if he can go:scared1:.

September would probably be cheaper, as we'd probably have free dining, and airfare is much less, and I'd get to go to the halloween party. November we'd probably get to catch the Osborne lights and Castle lighting right before we came home, and there's also the wine and dine race, which I would assume there'd be a 5k in there somewhere, but not sure about free dining(tends to be blacked out that week, though I've seen reports of people recently getting pins for free QS then), which is our best discount with two "disney adults". So, I'll hope to get the in-laws to commit this week so I can start planning.

I started to get back on track yesterday and had a pretty good day foodwise.

Exercise wasn't as I had hoped, but I did try.

I had ordered DH a chaise lounge chair for Christmas, and it didn't get delivered. After calling around a few weeks ago, they said it would be here yesterday. They gave me a delivery window of 2-4pm. I get home from work around 3:20-3:30. My FIL came over to wait from 2p until I got home. My plan was to get on the treadmill after the chair was delivered so I wouldn't get interupted. I got changed, had my waterbottle ready, and was all set to go. Four o clock came and went. I decided to do some arm weights and core stuff to kill some time assuming they'd be there shortly thereafter. 4:45, still no chair. Now I'm getting annoyed, so I call to make sure they're still coming and I needed to go out at 5:15 to pick up DS13, they said they'd be there shortly. Finally at 5:05 they came.

Then it was time to make dinner, and DS gave me a bunch of forms for high school registration that were due today (actually he didn't give them to me, another mother called to ask me a question about them, and it prompted me to ask him for them, otherwise he wouldn't have had them complete today:confused3). Then I got caught up in the disney movie rewards website since DH got me a few movies for christmas. Lo and behold, we can go see Beauty and the beast for free since two of the movies qualify for free tickets. We did want to go see it since it's my favorite, but I was having a hard time paying $24 for us to go see a movie that is sitting on my shelf. So, hopefully it's still playing this coming weekend.

Today is another day. I have written out my food choices for the day, which helps greatly in controlling what I eat. I have a college planning night at my DS16 high school tonight, but I think I might have a small window to get on the treadmill. I have to stop looking for excuses and "just do it":rolleyes1.

Alrighty, this week is moving right along. I've done "ok" this week, but not great. Wednesday I stopped at the store to pick up a few things and I got a package of cream horns from the bakery. I love these from my A&P:lovestruc. They don't have them all the time, so when I see them, I usually get them:rolleyes1. There's 4 in a package. I ate one immediately and so did DS13. Apparently he liked them too, as he decided to eat one for breakfast and one after school yesterday. I got home all excited to eat one, and they were gone!!!:scared1: I guess he did me a favor, but honestly, did he really need to eat both of them:confused3. I know, I know, he's a growing boy.

Otherwise, food intake has been decent. Sometimes I log it in, sometimes I don't, so I need to be more consistant with that. Exercise has also not been consistant, though I have been doing some. I'm planning to get on the treadmill today when I get home from work, although we are having some plumbing issues and my BIL is a plumber and will come over at some point to check that out. I probably won't be comfortable going on the treadmill with him there, so hopefully he doesn't come over immediately.

Tonight I think we're going to try to see Beauty and the Beast with our free tickets:thumbsup2. We'll probably forego the popcorn.

Tomorrow DS16 has a track meet that I think DH and I will both attend. They take up most of the day, so that should keep me away from food, and DH will probably make me walk a lot while we're waiting for the different events.

Sunday will be "family dinner" at my house. DH decided we need to start implementing this again for this new year. We used to have it every week at his mom's, but then everyone started getting busy and didn't take the time for it. So SIL and I have decided to have this every other week, so it only ends up that each of us have it once a month. MIL is feeling left out so I'm sure she'll end up making half the food:rolleyes1.

So, throughout this, I might have to forego any formal exercise on Saturday, but should be able to do something the other days.

I haven't heard from you on my journal or seen a post from you in a while. I hope you're doing well and on track with your plan! Hope to hear from you soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter