II Exchange for Mexico

a Really Bad Egg

Drink up me 'earties. Yo ho.
Anyone exchange DVC points for II resort in Mexico?

If so, what resort and how was it?

Planning a trip next year and would appreciate ideas.

Thanks.

We did a week at the Royal Caribbean last November, and we'd highly recommend it. They actually gave us a two bedroom for the points of a one bedroom (which is what we had requested), so we ended up bringing a friend along.

How exactly does that happen? I would love to deposit for a 1 bedroom and get a 2. Did you find out when you got there or when you made the deposit?

How exactly does that happen? I would love to deposit for a 1 bedroom and get a 2. Did you find out when you got there or when you made the deposit?
When you have an ongoing search, you pay the points for what you requested but sometimes get a larger unit. The Royals in Cancun are some of the resorts where this happens not infrequently.

Anyone exchange DVC points for II resort in Mexico?

If so, what resort and how was it?

Planning a trip next year and would appreciate ideas.

Thanks.
While I haven't exchanged DVC, I have exchanged to MX through II and visited a number of the resorts. I can't speak to the Cabo area but elsewhere the Royals in Cancun and Paradise Village north of Puerto vallarta are among the best resorts. While I own at Paradise Village, I think I'd steer most novices to Cancun. When were you thinking of going?

Yeah, it was just luck. When they called to let us know we had gotten a match, they told me that we had been given a 2-bedroom instead of the 1-bedroom we had requested. Honestly, for us it wasn't that big a deal, since we don't have kids. But like I said, we ended up bringing a friend along, so that was cool.

Most owners at the Royal deposit their whole villas and rarely just their suite. So if you do try to trade into the Royals you will more then likely get a Villa rather then the suite.

Spring break '08 - April
You're really far behind for that time. Many of those units you would be interested in are deposited around or before 1 year out. Still, no hard in trying. If you can do late April, you're chances are much higher.

If you're going to PV in April, I might be able to help.
Own at both Paradise Village, points based like DVC and Puerta Del Sol Grande which is about two miles away and closer to Bucerias. Love them both and have extra weeks at both next year. The PDSG lets me book at five other resorts, one in CAbo. I also own at BWV, so could do a point transfer.

April can be hard due to Easter week being so big in Mexico resorts, but if you're interested in Puerto Vallarta, PM me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter