"If you stop whining, I'll take you to Disney" Our August 2013 PTR!! (Updated 8/3)

Aww thank you! I definitely love it! I give you credit too!

Awesome!! Maybe we'll see you around! Hahaha we'll definitely keep her. Idk though, she may go through the same issues your dog went through lol. She stands on my nightstand and meows at us when we are trying to go to bed if Mike isn't laying on his back so she can lay on his stomach lol.

Lol he's a piece of work. Unfortunately, he lives in Los Angeles now. He moved there the year after we got engaged but tries to come home once or twice a year depending on his schedule. Unless your sister is planning on moving to LA!! ;)

LOL! She would be so mad! But my kids want cousins!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Day 6- Magic Kingdom!

19457_636155387948_3525677_n.jpg

(Sword in the Stone- Engagement trip 2009)

Finally! A full day at MK!! This is definitely, 100% my favorite park. To me, its just the epitome of Disney. We usually do MK on our last day but according to easywdw, it isn't a recommended park the next day so we'll do it this day instead. We may do the FP+ if it works out on our first 2 test days but we'll see. This is how our day will go:

Arrive, head into Adventureland.
Ride Pirates and Tiki Room (if open)
Go into Frontierland and FP Splash Mountain
Ride BTMRR and Country Bear Jamboree (Mike's favorite)
Ride Haunted Mansion depending on the lines
Eat lunch at Be Our Guest. I did the FP+ test for this that everyone was posting about. We'll see how that goes.
Ride Splash Mountain

By this point, we'll either head back to the hotel and swim for a little bit or just truck on through.

Whatever we decide, we'll head to Fantasyland and get a FP for Peter Pan's Flight. Then we'll ride Small World, Philharmagic, and Little Mermaid. I'm not sure about Enchanted Tales with Belle yet. It looks cute, but Mike says he doesn't want to. We'll see.

Then we'll either ride PP or head to Tomorroland to get a FP for Space Mountain (if time allows). We'll ride Buzz Lightyear, Laugh Factory, Stitch, Carousel of Progress (One of our favorites. We'll be singing that song for weeks lol), PeopleMover, Speedway, yea pretty much everything in Tomorrowland lol. Then ride PP and Space Mountain.

After that, we'll set up shop to watch the parade and Wishes.

That's it! That's our usual plan for MK and it hasn't steered us wrong yet. Thanks for reading! :wizard:

Day 7- AK and Epcot. Our last day :worried:

2621_576392243768_5043232_n.jpg

Since we only did AK once this trip, I figured we would head back and hit our favorites. I made FP+ selections for this day so our plan will go as follows:

FP+ Kilimanjaro Safaris (9:30-10:30)
Ride Everest w/o FP (depending on the line)
FP+ Everest (11:25-12:25)
Ride Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids (12:45-1:45)
Ride "It's Tough to Be a Bug"

Done.

We'll be out of AK by 2. We'll probably go swimming but I might try to talk Mike into taking tours of the different resorts since we haven't really done this before. I'll try to turn it into a game for him since I'm sure that won't be his cup of tea. Like grab a drink at each hotel around the MK resorts lol. We'll see.

We'll head to World Showcase for dinner for QS. At some point during this trip, we'll do a mini "Drinks Around the World." Or maybe the full thing. Idk. Either way, there are a few things that we enjoy drinking around the world so we'll probably grab some that night and ride any of the WS rides we didn't get a chance to ride that week.

We leave the next day so we'll probably head back to the hotel to pack and get ready for our flight home. :worried: I always hate leaving.

We've reached the end of our vacation.

561841_10100465161879268_618786776_n.jpg

There will be another picture like this the day we leave the last park. I always go into instant depressed mode. When we reach the airport, I immediately hate the people that are waiting on line to get onto Magical Express. Ok, hate is a strong word, but I am insanely envious of them lol.

Our flight leaves MCO at 10:11 am (yes I know, very specific lol) which means we have to be out front of Pop early. I'm not 100% sure what time we have to be out there because I usually just mope my way to the line up area and I block the painful memories out of having to leave.

We're flying JetBlue on the way home too but this time we are flying into Newark which is a lot more convenient. We'll land around 12:45 where my mama (yes, I call her that lol) will be picking us up. She'll ask us every detail about our trip so that will make me a little happy. Then we'll arrive home and el gato will ignore us again for the first hour we are home but then snuggle away for the rest of the weekend which will make me happier. I usually upload all of my pictures to FB that day because I'm always happy when I do that lol.

Mike will have the weekend to recover from our vacation lol. I have my first meeting with my new school on Tuesday where I can place my name sign on my new desk (my friend Nicole got it for me when I got my job last year).

402866_10100472726509688_437167517_n.jpg

All in all, it will be a great vacation, as always. It's going to be a little more relaxed this time with more breaks in the day. Last year was the first year we had the park hoppers so I'm excited to play around with it more. Next up, I'll post my packing and shopping plans for the next week. I'm only working in the mornings this week so it will be easier to do it now than the week after because I'll be working all day. Thanks for reading so far! :cheer2:

Thank you!!! Where in NJ?

Thank you! He did a pretty good job :goodvibes Where in NJ do you teach?

I'm in Cape May County! :beach:

Day 7- AK and Epcot. Our last day :worried:

We'll be out of AK by 2. We'll probably go swimming but I might try to talk Mike into taking tours of the different resorts since we haven't really done this before. I'll try to turn it into a game for him since I'm sure that won't be his cup of tea. Like grab a drink at each hotel around the MK resorts lol. We'll see.

We'll head to World Showcase for dinner for QS. At some point during this trip, we'll do a mini "Drinks Around the World." Or maybe the full thing. Idk. Either way, there are a few things that we enjoy drinking around the world so we'll probably grab some that night and ride any of the WS rides we didn't get a chance to ride that week.

Resort tour and grabbing a drink at each resort sounds fun! I def have some drinks on my list to sample in WS!

Ahhhhh I love the sign for your desk! I MUST get one! lol

Oooohh! Cape May is one of our favorite vacation spots (besides Disney, of course)!

I'm in Cape May County! :beach:

Resort tour and grabbing a drink at each resort sounds fun! I def have some drinks on my list to sample in WS!

Ahhhhh I love the sign for your desk! I MUST get one! lol

Nice!! I haven't been to Cape May in foreverrrrrrr. I'm gonna have to convince Mike to take a weekend trip. :goodvibes

Thank you!! My friend got it off Etsy. The shop has a ton of different signs! Best. Shop. Ever.

Oooohh! Cape May is one of our favorite vacation spots (besides Disney, of course)!

I'm definitely gonna have to convince Mike!

So, now that we are at almost a week out, I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MYSELF!!!

I'm working later next week so I'm trying to get everything done this week.

So far I've cleaned and got our Disney backpack out. Yes, we have a Disney backpack.

404071_10100465150367338_358434593_n.jpg

This is the best picture I have of it as of right now. Each year that we go to WDW, we get a year pin. On the backpack are all of our yearly pins, a NY Mets Mickey pin for Mike, and the Italian flag Mickey silhouette pin (for both of us. Gotta represent).

I used to wear the lanyard with all of my girly pins on it but it really started hurting my neck last trip. So I switched to my awesome new Disney purse!

Disney-World-Disneyland-Mickey-and-Characters-Collage-Cross-Body-Purse-NEW-p409241.jpg.thumb.jpg

This isn't my, personal bag. It's just a picture of it I found on google images. I couldn't get my picture to load. Anyway! I put all of my pins on the strap of the purse so I'm ready to go!

I started collecting pins in 2008 and I'm one of those who doesn't get them to trade, but to keep for their own selfish reasons lol. This year, I really want to get the Grape Soda pin from "Up." It's on my "Must Buy" list lol.

So my plan is to not have to bring the backpack. Mike winds up carrying it the whole time and I feel bad. However, I know I won't be able to fit a lot in the purse (like our flip flops for when it rains and water rides) so the purse may just be used for when we go at night.

As far as what we carry around with us each day, here's my list:
  • ponchos
  • flip flops
  • sunscreen
  • plastic bag for stuff that we need to keep dry when it rains or on water rides (cell phones, wallet, the important stuff)
  • a bag full of girly products (just in case)
  • extra pin backs (just in case)
  • my seabands (I get motion sickness)
  • extra Bonine
  • a small towel

I'm probably missing some stuff but that's the gist. For ponchos, I get those cheap, Coleman ones from Target. Yes, they look like garbage bags, I'm aware. But, they serve their purpose and don't take up a lot of room.

That's it for today! Tomorrow I'll discuss the packing list! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter