If staying at RP-closest place for a few groceries.

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
HI-we land in Orlando around 9:30pm. Not sure if we're going to stay off sight in a less expensive hotel, then check into RP the next morning, or just go directly to RP for the 1st night. I have directions for the Publix along the way to Universal, but if we decide to stay at RP the night we land, what would be the closest grocery store for the next morning where I can run out and get some water and breakfast items? I wouldn't even mind running into Publix that night, but I'd have to check to see how late they are open.

I do like the idea of waking up and being at the resort, we usually stay off sight if we are arriving late, but thought it also might be nice to wake up and not have to move over to RP, because after RP we move onto Disney.

Thank you!!

HI-we land in Orlando around 9:30pm. Not sure if we're going to stay off sight in a less expensive hotel, then check into RP the next morning, or just go directly to RP for the 1st night. I have directions for the Publix along the way to Universal, but if we decide to stay at RP the night we land, what would be the closest grocery store for the next morning where I can run out and get some water and breakfast items? I wouldn't even mind running into Publix that night, but I'd have to check to see how late they are open.

I do like the idea of waking up and being at the resort, we usually stay off sight if we are arriving late, but thought it also might be nice to wake up and not have to move over to RP, because after RP we move onto Disney.

Thank you!!

There's a Whole Foods about 2 miles away: 8003 Turkey Lake Road. The closest Publix is about 2 1/2 miles away: 4606 South Kirkman Rd. A Walmart is like 2.8 miles away at 8990 Turkey Lake Road. There also a Winn Dixie and Save-A-Lot farther away. A Target about 4 miles east on I-4.

ok, thanks, I think we actually stopped at that one in Kirkman Oaks shopping center one year, and the CVS the one Mac talks about, I forgot about that, that would probably have what we need to-thanks again!

We're in the same boat, flights out either arrive mid day, which for us means yanking the kids out of school a day early, or late into the evening forcing us to try and navigate ourselves to the hotel after dark. I'm dithering about do we just go early, go late and get a hotel then move in the morning or go straight to RP.

I really don't want to hassle with moving hotels the next morning with 2 overexcited kids and one overtired DH, but also have no desire to try and find publix at 9:00 at night. If we do go late i'm going to pack dry breakfast items for the morning and just get milk from the airport or gift shop area. So that's another solution.

ETA, I'm almost as excited to shop Publix as I am to go on this trip. We don't have them here in the midwest, and my love for the Publix sub knows no bounds. My ILs live in the ATL and tease me that I have to have my bread every time we visit.

Isn't that funny, that something like Publix becomes part of the vacation excitement!! I live near Target and Walmart, and don't want to shop those on vacation (especially Wal Mart!), so Publix is our "Florida" store!

We went to the Walmart (not my favorite store but open late!), it is very easy to get there from RPR (you don't even have to get on I-4) and saved us a boat load of money buying breakfast and snack foods there to have in the room, rather than buying food at the resort! The rooms at RP have Keurig coffeemakers (stocked with coffee, tea, 1/2 and 1/2, etc) and fridges which really helped.

We also did what you are doing, stayed at RP then moved over to Disney!

Where is the address or location of the Wal-Mart? I'm thinking if Publix is closed, we'll go to Wal mart instead. Not my favorite place, but just need water and some breakfast items. I'd rather stop on the way to RP then have to head out in the morning-thanks!

Where is the address or location of the Wal-Mart? I'm thinking if Publix is closed, we'll go to Wal mart instead. Not my favorite place, but just need water and some breakfast items. I'd rather stop on the way to RP then have to head out in the morning-thanks!

The big one on Turkey Lake Road is our go to Walmart.........we like that one.

It's only just over 5 minutes away by car from RPR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter