Identifying your scooter

JenLovesMM

Mouseketeer
What do you put on your scooter to make it easily recognizable? I will need to rent one from an offsite vendor and I assume there will most likely be many others that will look just the same so looking for ideas of what I could add to my scooter to make it easier to find when I leave it parked somewhere. Thanks!

@Bete and I use the same idea - a length of brightly colored grosgrain ribbon will stand out easily - and if you have to ask a CM where your scooter is, they will likely remember moving one with a neon green (or red white and blue striped, or pink paisley) ribbon!
You can also use inexpensive, brightly colored bandanas, found at places like Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby, typically for about $1 each. I always carry several clean, cotton bandanas with me on every trip, folded into a zip-lock bag with the air pressed out; they come in handy for so many things!

Last year during my birthday trip, I zip-tied Mickey, Donald and a Birthday Duffy to the basket. Added battery LED lights to the basket and the cane holder in the back. Plus had a Mickey themed beach towel on the seat held in place with a customized decorative elastic band (that I got on Etsy - originally designed for beach chairs).

This year I'm skipping the plushies but adding a "license plate" that I made to hang on the back. It has my avatar and Euby on it.

The scooters have numbers on them along with the brand name from whom you rented. However, I know from experience that does not work!! In November of last year, I parked the scooter across from the Buzz Lightyear ride to do a few difference attractions in that area. When I returned, my scooter was not to be found. I called the company, they asked me to look for other scooters in the area belonging to the same company and there was only one there! Low and behold, they called that person (from the scooter number and their records) and she had my scooter and was all the way across to the other side of the park already!! It only took her about 20-25 minutes to get back, but would you believe she did not know where to find me and her scooter!!! Apparently, she didn't realize the scooter had numbers or where she left her scooter. That was an hour or two out of our park fun!

The scooters have numbers on them along with the brand name from whom you rented. However, I know from experience that does not work!! In November of last year, I parked the scooter across from the Buzz Lightyear ride to do a few difference attractions in that area. When I returned, my scooter was not to be found. I called the company, they asked me to look for other scooters in the area belonging to the same company and there was only one there! Low and behold, they called that person (from the scooter number and their records) and she had my scooter and was all the way across to the other side of the park already!! It only took her about 20-25 minutes to get back, but would you believe she did not know where to find me and her scooter!!! Apparently, she didn't realize the scooter had numbers or where she left her scooter. That was an hour or two out of our park fun!
So do the keys fit in any scooter of the same company or it just happened it worked for those 2?

I owned a Pride Go Go & several years later purchased a Pride Go Go Sport. The same keys operated both. I've often wondered if I should keep that info to myself. Someone may see a scooter they like better than their own & decide to try to see if their key will operate it. I assume they would have to be made by the same company but, from my experience, not the same model or year.

I use a cheap, brightly colored bandana tied around the basket or handle. Over 10 years ago I bought the bandana at Walmart for 99 cents, figuring that if it lasted one trip, it was worth it. Hasn't been stolen yet!

Ditto! Best investment ever!

I put a Garanimals waterproof playyard sheet (pale green) over the seat. It is slightly fitted and works well. Protects me from the seat (and eg. a hot seat from the sun) and makes it easy to ID from a distance. Also, when parking it, I fold the back of the seat down. Helps protect/keep attached the sheet [from wind, rain, other humans] and it also makes the scooter look different since most people dont do that.

SW

One time, we got Jolly Roger flags from the gift shop at Pirates of the Caribbean, and stuck the flagpole/stick into the pockets on the backs of our seats. The sticks were long enough that the flags came up about an inch or two past the top of the seats.

Another time we were there right before Christmas, and only one of us needed an ECV. She tricked out the basket with battery operated Christmas lights, gold tinsel garland, and a light-up set of Minnie Mouse ears we’d found at the thrift store. All through the trip, people would stop to compliment her on it. Also, Chip and Dale pretended to steal and eat the garland; those guys are always fun.

I always put strings of battery operated lights on my hubby cart. I find it very hard to see at night the front light is too dim and people run into it without the lights.

Yes, the keys on the scooters are all interchangeable from what I was told. I understand why. But can't a person just check the number of their scooter before they jump on the thing?? Especially since they do all look similar, especially from the same company??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter