Ideas for end of yr teachers gift

DNSDisney

<font color=CC66CC>Got "rehitched" at the Garden G
DD has this teacher that I really do not care for and I am having a tough time coming up with a gift for her. Everything I see nice, I don't want to get her LOL. We had words at the begining of the yr because she allowed my DD to miss to 3 spelling test while she was out of her class in her LD reading class. Then tried to lie about it. I played nice all yr, without this happening again . I just don't like this woman! Any suggestions for buying a gift for a teacher you rather not get one for?
Thanks
Sharon

If you don't like her, make it small and impersonal. Perhaps something like a couple of movie passes. Or if you really want to give her something that she won't like, get her a teacher mug or some other corny teacher gift. Do you know how many of those she probably has? My sister is a teacher, and almost every year, she gets about five teacher mugs.

Karen

I don't give end of the year gifts for my kids' teachers. I do give handmade greeting cards and jams for our "Winter Break" party. I do many things through out the year for the class. I figure service is gift enough.

If you really need to get a gift, make it one for the students. Cute pencils, bulletin board frames, cute room decorations...things the teacher can use for the students.

If you don't like her, why get a gift at all? If you do feel you have to, I agree with TinkFan. Get pencils or stickers or something to give out or use for the kids from a school/teacher's store.

If you did not like her, then do not give her anything. You are not obligated to give teachers a end of year gift.

Speaking as a teacher, I say you don't have to give her anything. Here in Scotland we do get end of year gifts but certainly not from every kid in class. It averages maybe a third of the class only which gives a gift.

Personally I'd love if I was given movie passes, over here that would be imaginative believe it or not. The most common gifts we all get are smellies (bubble bath, etc) and chocolates.

Louise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter