Idea's for a Moving/Congratulations box??

pandapooh

Mouseketeer
Hi there fellow diser's,

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but i figured that this is the best place for what i'm about to ask.

I have a friend that has been through some hardships regarding work and her husband just found work in California (an hour away from disneyland! i'll be visiting) They are moving in 2 weeks and I would love to be able to send a box down there to welcome them to their new home and to congratulate them on their new life together. However i have NO idea what to send at all, she'll be staying in an apartment/hotel for the first couple nights most likely and they haven't began to really look for a house yet. She also has almost everything regarding dishes etc. Any idea's would be appreciated, I want to send down a box with goodies that they can share together and enjoy and really make their new place feel like home.

Idea's so far: Giftcards to some local restaurants in their area (so far i'm thinking red lobster)

I'm totally at a lost, so any help would be appreciated! I'm going to budget myself to about $100 canadian.

Thanks! :goodvibes

A movie night(s) basket
A few DVD'S
Microwave popcorn
Couple big boxes candy (theater size)
Soda

A romance basket
A DVD (some sort of love story)
Bottle of wine
Glasses
Candles
Rose Petles (you can get fake ones)

Get you to know your area basket. You mentioned that you wanted to spend $100 dollars in Candian money, so I am assuming that she may be from Canada as well. How about putting together some books, California treats, and sunscreen so that she can look through those items and learn about where she is living.

ooh i love the idea of getting to love california more! and the date night as i know that they rarely spend any money on themselves. Maybe i'll look up some local favorites for restaurants and send them there. thank you both so much! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter