Ideal 3-Night Itinerary?

Shanti

Momketeer
I just booked a last-minute cruise on the Dream for next month, and the itinerary features a day at Castaway Cay, then a day at sea, rather than a day at Nassau. This seems to me like the ideal 3-night Bahamian itinerary. We sailed the same itinerary on the Magic a few years ago, and it was great, as it was a quick & not too expensive getaway, featured Castaway Cay, and you got all of the Day at Sea relaxation and activities, including the sights and sensations of sailing on the ocean, rather than being at port.

Do many other of you cruisers think this is a great short itinerary, or do you prefer to stop at Nassau? Disney hardly ever schedules this itinerary, but I find it very appealing. Just wondering if many other cruisers feel the same way.

Last edited:
I just booked a last-minute cruise on the Dream for next month, and the itinerary features a day at Castaway Cay, then day at sea, rather than a day at Nassau. This seems to me like the ideal 3-night Bahamian itinerary. We sailed the same itinerary on the Magic a few years ago, and it was great, as it was a quick & not too expensive getaway, featured Castaway Cay, and you got all of the day at Sea relaxation and activities.

Do many other of you cruisers think this is a great short itinerary, or do you prefer to stop at Nassau? Disney hardly ever schedules this itinerary, but I find it very appealing. Just wondering if many other cruisers feel the same way.
I rather imagine that, for everyone who says "yes, that's a great itinerary" there will be someone else who says "No, I don't care for sea days, give me another port". And still others who say "give me two sea days, I don't care about ports".

One reason why DCL should mix up the itineraries once in a while - to keep the most people interested.

I just booked a last-minute cruise on the Dream for next month, and the itinerary features a day at Castaway Cay, then day at sea, rather than a day at Nassau. This seems to me like the ideal 3-night Bahamian itinerary. We sailed the same itinerary on the Magic a few years ago, and it was great, as it was a quick & not too expensive getaway, featured Castaway Cay, and you got all of the day at Sea relaxation and activities.

When had that itinerary... by accident... on our last Disney cruise. As we were heading for Nassau, we had to participate to research for a man overboard that "fell" from another ship. So we ended up with a sea day instead of going to Nassau. My FIL and MIL who had never been to Nassau and were not interested in going anyway did not see a difference. We had brunch in Palo and went to the spa and it was a great day!

I would recommend it.

When had that itinerary... by accident... on our last Disney cruise. As we were heading for Nassau, we had to participate to research for a man overboard that "fell" from another ship. So we ended up with a sea day instead of going to Nassau. My FIL and MIL who had never been to Nassau and were not interested in going anyway did not see a difference. We had brunch in Palo and went to the spa and it was a great day!

I would recommend it.
Yikes! Was that man found and okay?

I love this itinerary for a 3 night cruise. The only downside I see vs. a traditional 3 night stopping at Nassau is that if you are staying on the boat in Nassau, you can get a few hours of a less crowded pool deck due some of the passengers being off the ship.

I was looking at the Dec 26th cruise. There are a bunch of verandah's left... any idea if the price will go down any more?

I just booked a last-minute cruise on the Dream for next month, and the itinerary features a day at Castaway Cay, then a day at sea, rather than a day at Nassau. This seems to me like the ideal 3-night Bahamian itinerary. We sailed the same itinerary on the Magic a few years ago, and it was great, as it was a quick & not too expensive getaway, featured Castaway Cay, and you got all of the Day at Sea relaxation and activities, including the sights and sensations of sailing on the ocean, rather than being at port.

This was the itinerary on our last cruise and loved it! Would like to do it again, maybe as a last minute booking

I was looking at the Dec 26th cruise. There are a bunch of verandah's left... any idea if the price will go down any more?
The current VGT price is much lower than even a standard inside was on opening day, so that's likely as low as the price will go for the general public.

This was a way overpriced cruise from the day it went public, so I'm not surprised there are so many cabins left. It looked so perfect for us: the dates, ship & itinerary. But the unreasonable price stopped me from booking until the GT rates came out this month.

Last edited:

Our very first cruise was a 3 night on the Dream, weather prevented us from Castaway Cay so that became a sea day for us. As bummed as I was about missing CC, I fell in love with having sea days, we had so much fun on the ship with all the planned activities. I now look for itineraries with the maximum amount of sea days because we enjoy them so much. Our most recent cruise was on the Magic, (MDAS), and had 4 seadays and only 3 port days, it was awesome. With all that being said, I think you booked an awesome 3 night itinerary. Congrats and enjoy it.

Back on topic. My favorite 3 night itinerary that I have sailed was Port Canaveral, Castaway Cay, Castaway Cay. I enjoy sea days, but I'd live on the island if Disney let me.

This sounds like an ideal 3-night itinerary, especially if you've already been to Nassau. Might also be a great short cruise for those interested in cruising, but not sure how they will like it.

Thanks!!
The current VGT price is much lower than even a standard inside was on opening day, so that's likely as low as the price will go for the general public.

This was a way overpriced cruise from the day it went public, so I'm not surprised there are so many cabins left. It looked so perfect for us: the dates, ship & itinerary. But the unreasonable price stopped me from booking until the GT rates came out this month.

I was hoping for an MTO rate but that doesn't seem to be coming out either, oh well... I was hoping to join you on the cruise! I hope you have fun.
It says that it is not a Merrytime cruise, will all the decorations really be taken down on December 26th??

Thanks!!

I was hoping for an MTO rate but that doesn't seem to be coming out either, oh well... I was hoping to join you on the cruise! I hope you have fun.
It says that it is not a Merrytime cruise, will all the decorations really be taken down on December 26th??
Thanks. Merrytime cruises feature specific activities (like Santa appearances & gingerbread house building) that this cruise will not have. But the ship's Christmas decorations will stay up until after the New Year's cruise.

The only reason we have never taken a 3 night cruise is because there usually are no sea days. We do love those sea days!!! I know you always have the option of staying on the ship while in port, but it's just not the same as an actual sea day. I think most cruisers would pick Castaway Cay over Nassau as the one port, so I think you've picked a great 3 night get away.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!