ID Cards and Drinking on 21st Birthday?

SnowWhiteLook-alike

13 Time Disney Veteran
So I've been booking a trip to WDW for my 21st birthday for MONTHS now. It has been a goal of mine to drink around the world and experience Disney as an adult for a while now. However I have a bit of a dilemma and need some personal experience to answer my questions. It comes down to this:

I've gone to the New York DMV approx. 2 weeks ago (a month and a day before my trip, exactly) to renew my ID that would expire on my birthday, and currently the only forms of ID I have are my expired photo ID and the paper ID they issue. I've been informed that they don't send the new ID until AFTER your 21st birthday (because it no longer says UNDER 21 on it and apparently the birthdate isn't enough, which okay. fine. I understand), and I'll be on my trip that whole entire week.

What is your personal experience with drinking in the parks/hotels and how likely do you think I am to make it my birthday week with the paper ID and old photo ID?

Thanks!

How long do you have before your trip? I know an expired ID and paper version won't fly anywhere, but may have an alternative solution if you have time.

A l
How long do you have before your trip? I know an expired ID and paper version won't fly anywhere, but may have an alternative solution if you have time.
A little over 2 weeks. I've called and begged already; there has to be some better way! haha

I don't know if you have a passport or passport card, but some places will let you use those. It is too late to apply for one, but I have had to use mine in the past as id, aside from it's intended use.

I don't know if you have a passport or passport card, but some places will let you use those. It is too late to apply for one, but I have had to use mine in the past as id, aside from it's intended use.
Well then I just guess I'm out of luck. Thanks, NY state!

Curious how this worked out for you .. Did you try anything? May help out others if this happens to them. Hope you were not discouraged too much and at least tried the paper with a photo ID. I have seen that work but never seen it tried at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter