Iceland Questions Answered!

CrazyZeus1

Matching Shirts Rock!
We are in the middle of our Iceland trip and I know it's a new itenerary so I thought I'd start a thread and answer any questions that you may have!

It's been a wonderful trip so far with lots of good food, beautiful scenery, and great guides!
-Heather
On ABD #19

Were any of the water activities (like the zodiac boat) something that might cause sea-sickness? I'm unfortunately prone to that (and car sickness) so will need to be sure to bring something to combat it if there is.

Same questions for any twisty-turny roads.

Sayhello

Were any of the water activities (like the zodiac boat) something that might cause sea-sickness? I'm unfortunately prone to that (and car sickness) so will need to be sure to bring something to combat it if there is.

Same questions for any twisty-turny roads.

Sayhello

The glacier lagoon boat ride was like a duck boat and it was a shorter, slow ride on smooth water so I'd say you're good there.

The whale watching goes out into the fjord and the water could be smooth or not so.i would prepare for that just in case. That boat was a larger boat, about 50ft fishing trawler type boat. Our trip was not rocky at all and nobody as far as I know had any issues.

The glacier lagoon boat ride was like a duck boat and it was a shorter, slow ride on smooth water so I'd say you're good there.

The whale watching goes out into the fjord and the water could be smooth or not so.i would prepare for that just in case. That boat was a larger boat, about 50ft fishing trawler type boat. Our trip was not rocky at all and nobody as far as I know had any issues.
Thanks! I guess I'll talk to my doctor. :)

Sayhello

Did you or will you get to see the northern lights, or not visible this time of year? Daylight must be very long now.

Did you or will you visit geothermal areas/formations?

PACKING NECESSITIES: Here's what I wouldn't leave home without!

Waterproof pants (either ones to wear all day or just slip over your other pants when needed like us)

Waterproof hiking boots

Rain jacket and warm winter jacket

Layering pieces for top and bottom. This week, we have worn jeans/fleece lined leggings, t-shirts, flannel.shirts, fleece vests, & fleece pull overs. Along with the two kinds of jackets, we've been dry and warm in any situation.

Hats that cover ears, gloves, and scarves (if you're prone to feeling cold)

Swimsuits

A pair of shorts just in case (We have yet to pull them out)

The handbook suggests thermal layering pieces but we've not worn any and been plenty warm.

Did you or will you get to see the northern lights, or not visible this time of year? Daylight must be very long now.

Did you or will you visit geothermal areas/formations?
No northern lights-- sun doesn't set until 1130 pm. Best time to see them is Nov to March, or go see Aurora Exhibition in Reykjavik, which us pretty cool-- and yes, you see lots of gysers, waterfalls, thermal pools, glaciers...great trip so far, and really good weather!

Blue Lagoon:

When you arrive and check in, you're given a wristband with a scan chip, a towel, robe, and a pair of flip flops (yours to keep... cute white flops with Blue Lagoon logo ). The day is explained to you and they are happy to answer questions so don't be afraid to ask!

When you enter the locker room, you'll find an open locker to store your things . You'll use your wristband chip to lock your locker (no need to keep up with a key). There are signs on the wall that show how to properly lock your locker. If you have any trouble there are locker room attendants that can help you.

You'll be expected to take your towel with you to the showers and everyone is expected to wash bodies before entering the lagoon. There are many private enclosed shower stalls so you have privacy as you want it. They offer body wash and conditioner in the showers for you to use. IF YOU WANT TO GET YOUR HAIR WET, just Google how to care for it before and after dipping it into the lagoon.

After you've showerd, you'll head out the marked exit at the other end of the dressing rooms to enter the lagoon.

Once you're in, ABD has paid for 2 Face masks and 1 drink of your choice from the bar (alcohol, sodas, water, etc ). The hard apple cider is AMAZING!

You will be assigned a lunch time so after you're ready to leave the lagoon, you go back to the locker room to clean up and dress. You can still use yoir locker to store everything . You can also wear yoir robe and flip flops to the lunch restaurant if you want to get back in the lagoon afterwards... We saw a number of people do this so don't be afraid!

Lunch had a varied menu and everything we are was outstanding. Can't say enough good things about it! A welcome sparkling wine and a soda were both included with lunch .

No northern lights-- sun doesn't set until 1130 pm. Best time to see them is Nov to March, or go see Aurora Exhibition in Reykjavik, which us pretty cool-- and yes, you see lots of gysers, waterfalls, thermal pools, glaciers...great trip so far, and really good weather!
HEY TRIP MATES!!! This is Heather... who are you?! Haahhah!!!

Ooo. Where is the Aurora Exhibition in Reykjavik? :)

Sayhello

Ooo. Where is the Aurora Exhibition in Reykjavik? :)

Sayhello
A sort of museum-- not far from the whale museum, and a 5 to 10 minute walk from the hotel. Gives a history of Aurora foklore, scientific explanation, film on science, great slide show of lights from around the world and virtual reality look. BTW, the relax room at BL are chairs that lie back-- near entrance to the lagoon, on second floor. If time in Reykjavik walk to performing arts center (tours every hour starting at 10 am), and see historic church in center of the City with great tower view. And walk The Pond, a man-made lake in the city center with some artwork along the walk. We also got tired if the high prices for food so went to nearby grocery store to make lunch for meal on day one (since we did one day, on our own until the welcome dinner). There are government run stores for alcohol, which close at 5 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter