I95 South to HHI

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
Any interesting stops hour long stops along the way from NY? Other than Chick-fil-a and Wawa of course.

South-of-the Border

If you have never stopped there, it is always worth a one-stop

South-of-the Border

If you have never stopped there, it is always worth a one-stop

Oh my! I never thought of that. As a kid in the back of a car with no a/c and vinyl seating, my brother and I would see the signs and beg for a stop without success. AH, the 70s.

Wilson, NC has a park in the center of town full of multistory whirligigs. Cute town and worth a stop.
upload_2018-7-17_10-0-26.jpeg

Oh my! I never thought of that. As a kid in the back of a car with no a/c and vinyl seating, my brother and I would see the signs and beg for a stop without success. AH, the 70s.
Even to this day, I will look for the signs and see which ones have changed or which ones are completely new.

If you need to grab a new pair of shorts, bathing suit or shoes the Carolina Premium Outlets in Smithfield is a nice stop. Not to mention trying one of the 5 or 6 restaurants that surround the stores.

And while South of the Border was pretty cool in the 70's & 80's, it looks pretty sketchy now.

There’s a book called Drive I95 that we used driving to HHI. It tells you what you can find off each exit, points of interest, attractions, restaurants, gas stations, etc. You might be able to get it at your library, just make sure it’s the latest edition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter