I Won a Trip To Universal !!!

Moon Child

On a Permanent Vacation
So, back in May, I won a trip to Universal ~ for 4 !!! on a local radio station
it includes the air, hotel , park tickets and Blue Man Group tickets as well
We have been may times and it's one of our favorite vacation spots so we are very excited :)
The trip includes a 3 night stay at Sapphire Falls ( I added 2 nights) so we can relax some haha
We are used to staying at The Hard Rock Hotel, with express pass.
We are going in early November, after HHN
My question to you guys is, do you think I'll need to purchase express passes this time of year?
I'm thinking I should wait til we get there and see how it's going
Thanks in advance xoxo
Deb

Lucky you! Congrats

Depends on how many days you are interested in having EP & what days of week you are visiting. Weekends always busier with locals.

We've been that time of year, hit tail end of Jersey week & a disney race (imo many segue on up to be day guests @ U on race days). Was glad to have FOTL perk.

Check your dates to see if you coincide with them & that Mardi Gras hasn't started

If anything, try a day without and see how it goes.

Lucky you! Congrats

Depends on how many days you are interested in having EP & what days of week you are visiting. Weekends always busier with locals.

We've been that time of year, hit tail end of Jersey week & a disney race (imo many segue on up to be day guests @ U on race days). Was glad to have FOTL perk.

Check your dates to see if you coincide with them & that Mardi Gras hasn't started

If anything, try a day without and see how it goes.

That's what I was thinking. We will be going on week days so I think that will help. If we need the express passes the 2nd day, I'll purchase them
Thanks!

What a fabulous thing to win!!!

Congratulations.........have a blast!!

Congratulartions!
Depending on how your trip is provided, I would inquire if it was possible to upgrade your hotel to one that includes EP. To upgrade from SF would probably cost less than one day of EP for the 4 of you and woudl provide EP for your entire stay.

Congratulartions!
Depending on how your trip is provided, I would inquire if it was possible to upgrade your hotel to one that includes EP. To upgrade from SF would probably cost less than one day of EP for the 4 of you and woudl provide EP for your entire stay.
That thought crossed my mind too. However, as much as we love the Hard Rock, Sapphire Falls looks beautiful and we really wanted to check it out.

What an awesome prize to win! I'm so jealous. I would personally get Express passes just in case, especially since everything else will be covered! Maybe even check out a crowd calendar online and purchase Express passes for the estimated busiest days.

That thought crossed my mind too. However, as much as we love the Hard Rock, Sapphire Falls looks beautiful and we really wanted to check it out.

You'll love Sapphire Falls.

It surprised me how much we both liked it when we were shown around it last year. Yes, it doesn't have EP so I wouldn't stay there for our whole trip, but I would have a night or two there happily.

I doubt you'll need EP......but please don't buy them ahead of time as they are non refundable if you didn't need them. Would be a shame to do that.

Since the rest of the trip is free you could splurge on a VIP tour instead of EP and just rationalize it as I got a whole trip to universal for the cost of the tour.

I enjoyed sapphire falls quite a bit- Amatista is fantastic. As much as I loved the hotel itself- I went last labor day weekend and it sucked without express- I said never again.
Granted- mine was over a busy holiday weekend and yours is over a slow time in November. You should be OK. Plus, you're there 5 days, so you can tour gracefully.

Remember, you can buy it day of if you feel like you need to- it's not like they are going to sell out early November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!