I was going to TRY the AP Best rate, but....

S

susy

I was getting hardly ANY availabilty anywhere for my dates (11/24-11/27).That is Thanksgiving weekend-no surprise. We are booked at BWI Con right now. They had a standard room with a discount and then when I checked back later, it was gone!!! When DH got home I told him of all this and he does not care! He said that we are staying at BWI concierge, discount or no discount!!!!!! Now you all know that just two years ago I could not get him to book a deluxe even with a discount!!!! Between him and disney, I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone!!!!!!

Keep trying....I kept at it and they finally showed availability last night for my October dates where they previously hadn't before....

From my skimming of the various posts o the new best rates program, I got the impression that they just signed you up and if you ended up at rack rate, so be it. I was playing around with it last night for Nov. 18-25, and there was no Deluxe with availabilty. Only POR and Saratoga Springs came up.

Then I went back to "regular" reservations, and all the deluxes came up. I went back to the AP page, and didn't show a preference for resort. All the resorts came up and when I clicked on the one I wanted, rack rate came up with the message that the rack rate was being displayed because no AP rates are available.

????????????? I couldn't tell if that meant that that AP rooms HAD been available, or that they had released no rates yet. I tried my resort (AKL) for the week before and the AP rate came up as $45 under the AAA rate that I have.

I was able to get BC Concierge for the Thanksgiving week and I think the savings was about $600 for the 7 night stay. I am pretty happy with that.

I hope you all get the availability that you are looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter