I Want to Hear Everyone's Experiences on WWTBAM:PI

kenneyjo

Mouseketeer
Since Who Wants to be a Millionaire:Play It is my all time favourite attraction, I am really curious to hear about funny or brutally embarassing experiences that people have lived at this attraction or even just witnessed.

Since I am the curious one I shall start.

I have made it to the hotseat three times in many, many tries.

My second time up I thought I had a little scheme to gauge the answer I am about to give.

So I am at the 32000 point question and it pops up. I take one look at the question and realize I have no idea and my hopes for the Polo Shirt was gone.

The question was something along the lines of "where is the hope diamond located".

I used my 50/50 right away (looking back I don't think I should have) and that did not help. I then used the PHONE A COMPLETE STRANGER lifeline. The end choices were a museum in England (I cannot remember the name) and the Smithsonian Museum ( Which I have actually been to and that is why I was quite disapointed in my self).

Sure enough the stranger says the Smithsonian. I concur with that answer. But that is when my brain starts working the strategy angle.

I tell the host (they are all great by the way) that I chose the Smithsonian, I pause to hear the crowds reaction which I did not read correctly. Although the crowd is not supposed to react until the words final answer is said, the inevitably do. I tought I heard a lot of AHHHHHSSS and Oh No.

So I get cocky and say that since I did not say final answer that I can change my choice which I did.

The host looked at me and said Ohh I am sorry, you should have stuck to the first choice.

Shame on me for trying to cheat through the crowd's reaction. Mildly embarassing but it was all in good fun.

Lesson: Go with your first instinct and choice.

I admire you for making it to the "hot seat". I've never made it that far.

Try it out each visit to MGM. I've been in the hot seat twice; one shirt and two hats. Both times I got to the hot seat after someome else lost, never on the fastest finger. I got the shirt last January and most recently (9/14) went out on the
4000 pt. question....my own fault...I panicked!! Could have used my lifelines
but guessed instead........something
about "what is a craft service table used
for in show business?" I've seen easier
questions at the 4000 pt. level!!

The good news is we'll be back at it in October and then again December!!

I have been in the hot seat twice and had a blast...but I was a little nervous!

We were there this past June during the Star Wars Special Edition. This was a girls only trip and none of us really knew that much about Star Wars, so we decided to just pick random letters for the fast finger. Wouldn't you know it, my friend won! She did not want to go. When the host asked if she was a Star Wars fan, she admitted that she had never seen even 1 of the movies! I was laughing so hard, I cried. I have at least seen the movies quite a few times. She managed (with help) to get through the 8000 pt question, but she was a little humiliated in the process. This friend is the most outgoing and fun-loving gal I know, but this pretty much mortified her...poor thing.

I've made it to the hot seat 3 times, have 3 shirts so far. In June I lost on the 500,000 point question! I had my 50-50 and still guessed wrong. Oh well, we have 5 people in our family, so I'm not sure how we would have done a cruise for 4! I got lucky to get a person from Atlanta on my phone a stranger, because the question turned out to be about the inventor of Coke, and he knew the answer.

Let's see here is our family history from our last trips..

July 2004 trip 4 out of 6 end up in the hot seat in 7 days
Me -- 250,000 question....I now know where the largest waterfall in the world is located...but Yippee I finally got a Polo

DD12 -- ended up with only a hat

DS11 -- ended up with only a hat...had some really hard first questions....especially for a boy....

DH --- ended up with only a hat....haha haha...I got a shirt and you didn't

Dec 2004 trip 4 out of 6 end up in the hot seat in 14 days...

Me -- first time in hot seat...ended up with a hat....died on a question that I knew the answer to but brain froze..:)

dd12 --- ended up with a hat

dd6 -- got in the hot seat on the fastest finger question..she ended up with a hat too....dad tried to get fancy answer questions and blew the 32, 000 question

dh --- once again gets another polo crashes on the 125,000 pt question..

We are complete addicts...can't wait until our trip in Dec this year...only one of us has never been in the hot seat...guess we will have to keep playing...:):)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter