I tried to stay away but.......

mundaremom

Mouseketeer
I couldn't! We leave in 43 days and the trip is a secret to the kids. I am going over the moon bonkers with the anticipation of the big trip. My brother and his family will also be joining us. I have kept this trip already a secret for the past 4 months, it hasn't been easy I have already packed :banana: . Today I told myself I would not come onto this site, I would not think about the trip, but evidently that didn't happen! I just had to come on and check and see what was new!

I know just how you feel, we leave in 16 days and I finally told dd6 last night, she is so excited, I was going to wait and tell her a day or two before we left, but I just had to tell her, Now we can share the anticipation. :rotfl:

Oh, I don't know how you do it!!! I can keep a secret, but if it's a happy secret, it's so much harder to keep to myself! It would be so hard not to spill the beans, especially when your child is having a bad day, you just want to say anything to cheer them up.

Congratulations on keeping it a secret this long. I can only imagine how happy your kids will be when you do tell them!

Just click your heels 3 times and say "There's no place like home,there's no place like home". :thumbsup2

I think that coming to this site is a good way to help yourself keep the secret. That way you can share your excitement with us instead of with those who you don't want to tell.

stampinshauna said:
I think that coming to this site is a good way to help yourself keep the secret. That way you can share your excitement with us instead of with those who you don't want to tell.

I totally agree.

So how are you breaking the big surprise? We haven't decided yet for our kids surprise trip in Feb. I was thinking of ordering Mickey, Minnie and Pooh from Build A Bear with t-shirts that say "Surprise you're going to Disneyland!" to give them at the airport. Or should we wait till we show up at the Disneyland Hotel?? They will be 5, 7(turns 7 the day we arrive) and 8.

Breaking the surprise is going to be quite unique. We are going to be driving dad back to the airport so he can go back to work. On the drive to the airport we will be listening to disney music and remembering last years trip, they will also be told there is no school that day. When my husband gets out of the vehicle at the airport he will say, "what the heck let's go to Disneyland!" Surprise. But that is only the beginning. We have hired a limo to pick us up at LAX, the limo won't go far before the first stop. It will be stopping at the Alaskan Airline terminal because we are picking up my brother, his wife, and two of their kids. My brother is going to open the limo door and say "Is this car for us?" Our kids are 11 & 6 (my bro's kids are 9 & 12), their screams will be heard right across North America! This is only the beginning, we then have a character breakfast planned, Fantasmic, Blue Bayou, Rainforest Cafe, and just being in DL with our group. My brother and his family are Disney Virgins, this will be our 11 year olds 3rd trip and the 6 year olds second trip. So you can understand my excitement, my anticipation, my overall urge to go today!

mundaremom said:
Breaking the surprise is going to be quite unique. We are going to be driving dad back to the airport so he can go back to work. On the drive to the airport we will be listening to disney music and remembering last years trip, they will also be told there is no school that day. When my husband gets out of the vehicle at the airport he will say, "what the heck let's go to Disneyland!" Surprise. But that is only the beginning. We have hired a limo to pick us up at LAX, the limo won't go far before the first stop. It will be stopping at the Alaskan Airline terminal because we are picking up my brother, his wife, and two of their kids. My brother is going to open the limo door and say "Is this car for us?" Our kids are 11 & 6 (my bro's kids are 9 & 12), their screams will be heard right across North America! This is only the beginning, we then have a character breakfast planned, Fantasmic, Blue Bayou, Rainforest Cafe, and just being in DL with our group. My brother and his family are Disney Virgins, this will be our 11 year olds 3rd trip and the 6 year olds second trip. So you can understand my excitement, my anticipation, my overall urge to go today!

I LOVE IT!!! Be sure to post once you get back about everyone's reactions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter