I THINK I have it figured out. Do I?

AuroraMeansDawn

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

Suggestions, tweaks and thoughts are quite welcome.

There are five of us, 3 adults and two boys aged 16 and 17. We are booked at the WL with the DDP. We have a bit of an issue with the DDP as it's for 5 nights but we arrive early and have most of our arrival day and fly out late so we have most of our departure day so I have 5 full days and 2 half days of meals to work out with only 5TS, 5CS and 5 Snacks on the DDP.

We're semi seasoned vets (Myself, DH and DS16) having visited the world four times but we are taking my adult niece and her DS17 on their first trip to the world. We want to make it very special for them since its their last year before he leaves for college and they don't vacation often and have dreamed about doing this for years so we really want to hit the iconic spots. Because of the age of the boys we tried to put in at least one All You Can Eat or at least a large meal per day and I tried to leave snack credits for them to use as they please. They are at that bottomless pit age.

We are going in Nov so I can't make my ressies quite yet but here are my plans

Thurs Arrival Day!!!!! :cheer2:

Should make it to resort around 12:30 p.m.
Plan - Head over to DHS for the afternoon and Fantasmic at 630 p.m. then late dinner at Chef Mickeys
Lunch CS (grab it at the WL or at Pizza Planet in DHS. I know Pizza Planet doesn't get rave reviews but our boys LOVE Toy Story and I thought for a first timer that it was cute) (1st CS used)
Dinner Chef Mickeys 8:45 p.m. (1st TS used)

Friday :wizard:
Plan - Morning at MK through afternoon parade. Break until 6ish. Arrive at Epcot around 7, dinner 8ish , Illuminations 9PM then enjoy late EMHs until midnight
Breakfast - CRT, first available seating OOP
(With a little luck and pixie dust and calling at 7am 180 days out first seating)
Lunch: CS (2nd CS used)
Dinner 8:00ish Teppan Edo (Second TS used)

Sat
Plan - Early EMH at DHS and stay til late afternoon or when we are tired or done, whichever comes first. Evening off at the Resort for some much needed rest. Maybe go watch the ELP from the beach and the WL Movie or if we're feeling feisty scoot over to Fort Wilderness for Chip and Dale Singalong Campfire and movie.
Breakfast - snack or granola bar type stuff from room
Lunch - 50s PTC (OOP)
Dinner - WCC (Third TS used)

Sun
Plan - AK at Ropedrop and stay until we're done or tired then take break in late afternoon then MK 6ish for Spectro 9pm, Wishes 10pm and late EMH (10-1am)
Lunch - CS (Maybe Picnic in the Park? Has anyone tried it?) (3rd CS used)
Dinner - Crystal Palace 6:30ish (Fourth TS used)

Mon
Plan Sleep in a bit since we will have been out til 1, head to Epcot noonish and stay till 7ish then a last night dinner at Ohana around 8.
Lunch - CS in Epcot (4th CS used)
Dinner - Ohana 8ish (last TS used)

Tues Departure Day :sad2:
Plan Morning in the park of the kids choice (hoping they choose Epcot as it has early EMH so they can redo the rides they love) and depart by 3:30 to take ME back to ORD for 7:30 p.m flight home.
Lunch - CS (last one used)

I will tell you that the buffets are a ton of food. We can never eat meals back to back when we eat at one. What I mean is that if we are eating one for dinner we will only have a snack for lunch. It really should be plenty of food, especially if you bring some of your own snacks. I packed an extra suitcase this trip just for snacks. I also put in a box of cereal and will buy milk at the Hess gas station. I packed microwave popcorn, trailmix etc. In addition, I am going to bake some cinnamon swirl muffins and carry those on the plane. My kids would love that with some fruit for breakfast. Some CS places also serve some pretty big entrees IMHO that can be shared (Cosmic Rays at MK chicken/rib combo). You can also order a double cheeseburger and split it between two people. I think you can pay for the extra bun OOP but I prefer no bun so all is well with me. HAve fun. I would LOVE to stay at WL. I have toured it and it is wonderful!

The Flame Tree Barbeque at AK is awesome and has large servings. It is a CS and could also be shared

Friday :wizard:
Plan - Morning at MK through afternoon parade. Break until 6ish. Arrive at Epcot around 7, dinner 8ish , Illuminations 9PM then enjoy late EMHs until midnight
Breakfast - CRT, first available seating OOP
(With a little luck and pixie dust and calling at 7am 180 days out first seating)
Lunch: CS (2nd CS used)
Dinner 8:00ish Teppan Edo (Second TS used)

The only "minor" flaw in this day's plan is the time you have for arrival/dinner/and then Illuminations.

First If you are doing Teppan Edo - I think you want to schedule a little more than an hour for dinner. The show at the grille usually lasts a little and you may not get seated exactly at your reservation time. Last year, I had to wait 20 minutes, just to get seated. I think if you don't do dinner until 7PM, you'll feel rushed to eat to get back outside for Illuminations.

Which brings me to my second point. I've seen people staking out a spot to watch Illuminations at least an hour before the event. It may be difficult to just finish dinner and then get out to try and find a good place for all of you.

I would suggest backing dinner up by an hour and I think that will give you enough time.

:woohoo:

Which brings me to my second point. I've seen people staking out a spot to watch Illuminations at least an hour before the event. It may be difficult to just finish dinner and then get out to try and find a good place for all of you.

I would suggest backing dinner up by an hour and I think that will give you enough time.

:woohoo:

You make a great point. Thank you for taking the time to look it over. I've had a great time putting this all together but it's been challenging at time for sure.

Do you know if we can get access to the terrace area in Japan from Teppan Edo? I just found a Robo thread and it suggested it as a viewing area. And our boys are tall and older so we don't have to be at the rail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter