I slept in the Murphy bed at VGF

Donna M

DIS Veteran
I know there have been a lot of questions about the beds in the the TV hutch so I gave it a try when my husband's snoring got to be too loud. For one thing they are quicker to open up in the middle of the night than the sofabed, which I slept on for part of the first night. Sleeping in the hutch was fine for me. :rotfl2: The bed is long enough. My BIL layed on it and he fit, and it was plenty long enough for me, I'm 5'5". The bed is narrow and there is a bit of an overhang so you wouldn't want to jump up. It is firm; the sofa bed was only a tad less firm. I was in it for two hours and slept just fine. If I was invited to stay with someone and would have to sleep there for the week, I would. And I'm 50 something and on the Pooh size to boot! It's not as good as the sofabed but it is Disney!

The following night I had the king bed (and room) all to myself. :yay:

The VGF is so much nicer than the pictures. My DH was very impressed along with all of our party. We loved it and hope we can get in again even though the points are so high.

I know there have been a lot of questions about the beds in the the TV hutch so I gave it a try when my husband's snoring got to be too loud. For one thing they are quicker to open up in the middle of the night than the sofabed, which I slept on for part of the first night. Sleeping in the hutch was fine for me. :rotfl2: The bed is long enough. My BIL layed on it and he fit, and it was plenty long enough for me, I'm 5'5". The bed is narrow and there is a bit of an overhang so you wouldn't want to jump up. It is firm; the sofa bed was only a tad less firm. I was in it for two hours and slept just fine. If I was invited to stay with someone and would have to sleep there for the week, I would. And I'm 50 something and on the Pooh size to boot! It's not as good as the sofabed but it is Disney!

The following night I had the king bed (and room) all to myself. :yay:

The VGF is so much nicer than the pictures. My DH was very impressed along with all of our party. We loved it and hope we can get in again even though the points are so high.

May I ask, how'd you find the storage space for clothes, with the bed taking up what could be drawer space?

Thanks,

May I ask, how'd you find the storage space for clothes, with the bed taking up what could be drawer space?

Thanks,

In the living room, there are two ottomans that open and three drawers on the half wall between the dining area and living room. We had a 1 bd with a dresser so didn't have a problem.

Do you think a family of with kids ages 15, 10, & 6 could manage to stay in a studio?

I would give it a try since I really liked VGF. You could put the two that would sleep well on the pull out sofa and the other child could go in the Murphy bed. The smaller ones would probably be most comfortable.
The bathroom has two showers too.

Do you think a family of with kids ages 15, 10, & 6 could manage to stay in a studio?

You could. But it would be tight. And that's if two kids are okay sharing the sofa bed. If they all wanted separate beds and you did a blow up mattress you would all be walking over one another. Personally I wouldn't do it with kids these ages.

I guess if you're going to park commando from 0800 to 2200 every day and the room is just somewhere to pass out, it would suffice for that. But one of the reasons I personally bought DVC was to "not" be cramped in a small hotel room.

I usually have two adult, one infant and on child under 10 and have always stayed in a studio. The best studio we have stayed in as far as space goes was at akv kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter