"I Promise No One Is Dead!" My One More Disney Day Grand Prize 6/2/12 Pre Trip Report

:yay: I don't think I'll ever forget that moment either! I still tear up at the idea of going on our OMDD trip! Such a wonderful experience...thanks for sharing with us!

And I LOVE Hercules! :lovestruc

Ack, this is so amazing! Congratulations!!!!
Thank you so much!

So cool! i was reading your introduction of yourself to my co workers. They were laughing. They think you sound just like me! how great to go during Star Wars Weekends. Our first trip was in Dec. 2009 when Christmas Decorations were up. We'll be there early fall this year. The boys have decided if they get to go back they want to go during Star Wars weekend! My husband and I want to go to WDW for our 20th anniversary just the two of us. He wants to do a split stay at ASSp and the Grand Floridian. I just laugh at him. Can you get any farther apart on the spectrum of WDW resorts. I love the younger pics of your girls. They are so cute!

Thank you! My coworkers are so used to my Disney obsession, it cracks them up. That is so nice that you got to travel when the holiday decorations are up, it is so beautiful that time of year. I just love it! I totally understand about the split stay thing. We are extending our trip and had originally booked Pop because my kids and my husband love it. We decided to move over to POR as a suprise for the kids so I hope we like it as much as Pop. It will definitely be different going from the Grand to POR but I am looking forward to trying out two new resorts this trip! We have been to SWW's before and it is so fun. You will love it.

:yay: I don't think I'll ever forget that moment either! I still tear up at the idea of going on our OMDD trip! Such a wonderful experience...thanks for sharing with us!

And I LOVE Hercules! :lovestruc

I can't wait until you get to go on your OMDD trip. I want to hear all the details so I can live vicariously through you! :bitelip:

I have to admit to you all, and I know you won’t judge me, that I had my Disney spreadsheet done before I my dates for Disney were even confirmed. I even booked most of our ADR’s; I wasn’t going to miss any chances to eat at our favorite places! I just couldn’t help myself because I LOVE to plan, daydream, plot, and scheme anything involving Disney. Once I even have an inkling that we are going to schedule an upcoming trip……… the super planning begins! I figured worst case; if Disney denied my top choice for dates then I could start all over again. That just meant more planning fun for me! Sometimes the best part of the trip is the weeks leading up to it. The anticipation of Disney is my drug.

If I hadn’t mentioned before, we decided to extend our dates so we would have 9 days at Disney. Disney was kind enough to offer a discounted hotel rate to extend our stay. I was tempted to stay at the Grand for the remainder of our stay but I am a bit of a cheap skate. Even though the discounted rate at the Grand was great, my mind started to mull over all the extra Mickey ice cream bars and souvenirs I could buy if we switched resorts. I have even spread out our $1000.00 gift card to cover almost all of our meals and snacks for the full 9 days! If we had only stayed the 4 nights 5 days we could have totally went gangbusters with that much moohlah. Woohoo Initially we booked our extra days at Pop but decided as a surprise to move to POR to surprise the girls. My older daughter wants to visit New Orleans some day and my youngest is in love with the Princess and the Frog. What better choice than POR! I really hope they love it. :goodvibes

I enjoy planning our ADR’s so much. We have so many favorites but we do try to rotate where we go year to year or try something new every trip. So this year our ADR’s are as follows:

1900 Park Fare (we love this place but haven’t eaten here in awhile)

Chefs De France (my older daughters favorite, she going to France next year and this was a must for her)

Biergarten (This was a last minute thing, every year we think about trying it and chicken out. It looks so fun so we are going to give it a try)

50’s Prime Time (We all get a kick out of this place and again, it’s been a while since we have eaten here)

Sci-Fi (This one is for me primarily; I just love the old sci-fi drive in themes. I could live here)

Kona Café (Got to have some tonga toast before we hit the beach one afternoon)

Garden View Tea (Bella and I are going to have a mother/daughter tea date. Really looking forward to this!)

So here is a picture of our Disney countdown calendar. The kids did start to get excited once we got that puppy made. Even my 16 year old got into the act.

countdowntodisney.jpg

Off topic a bit. So my youngest and I were looking at pictures of the Grand on the internet. Of course, keep in mind she has listened to my cheap skate banter for a number of years. When she saw the first picture she looked at me and said “Wow! How much is this going to cost?” I told her nothing because it was included in our prize package. She said “But you have to pay taxes on it so it really isn’t free. That’s what you said, right Mom”? Rofl. I told her yes that was true but she didn’t need to worry about that. Then she said “How much does it normally cost to stay there?” I told her how much, to which she replied “That’s stupid! You are only sleeping there!” I couldn’t help but laugh, guess the tightwad genes run in the family.
:blush:

So fabulous that you won!!! :cool1: I entered everyday too, but was not so blessed! I'm so excited to read about your trip! The Grand Floridian is also my dream resort, so I'm hoping you will do a TR when you return!

So fabulous that you won!!! :cool1: I entered everyday too, but was not so blessed! I'm so excited to read about your trip! The Grand Floridian is also my dream resort, so I'm hoping you will do a TR when you return!

Thank you so much and thanks for following along. Yes, I am going to do my best to do a trip report when we get back. Are you entering the current contest they have? All you have to do is text SUMMER to the same number as the OMDD contest. Keep trying, you may be the lucky one next time! :thumbsup2 BTW I love the title of your trip report! I will have to check it out!

Thank you so much and thanks for following along. Yes, I am going to do my best to do a trip report when we get back. Are you entering the current contest they have? All you have to do is text SUMMER to the same number as the OMDD contest. Keep trying, you may be the lucky one next time! :thumbsup2 BTW I love the title of your trip report! I will have to check it out!

I did not know about this one! Ah I'm so excited now! Thank you!!! Haha, my friend Sam said that once while we were watching Snow White and I think it is so funny, so I used it as the title!

Congrats on winning your trip! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Do you remember the # to text to. I erased it from my phone when I didn't win.:rotfl2:

Thanks for starting your trip report!
I stayed at the GF for my Disneymoon back in 2010 and :love: it! Keep typing up that report - no detail is too small for all of us living vicariously through you popcorn::

Thanks for starting your trip report!
I stayed at the GF for my Disneymoon back in 2010 and :love: it! Keep typing up that report - no detail is too small for all of us living vicariously through you popcorn::

What a wonderful place to spend your honeymoon! Thanks so much for reading. I have been slacking off lately! We have been super busy with kids activities and end of the school year stuff so today I am determined that today I will post. We only have a little over a week until we leave! :cheer2:

Sorry I have been so behind keeping my pre trip report updated! We have had so many things to get done with the kids finishing up the school year and trying to get prepared for this trip. I have even been so busy at work that it is interfering with my Disney daydreaming. Grrrrrr.

So here is a little bit of what we have been up to the past few weeks. Clothes shopping! My husband and I have been on a health kick and are doing boot camp workouts a few days a week. My husband has lost around 35lbs and I am at 25lbs or so now. Needless to say we had to go shopping for some new summer clothes. In the past I have always gotten so frustrated when trying on clothes. This time, I actually enjoyed myself. I am down two pants sizes and it was just fun finding stuff that fit and wasn’t snug. Plus I have been able to fit into some clothes I haven’t been able to wear in awhile. I always try to lose weight for Mickey before we go on a Disney trip but this time our goal is to keep this up permanently. I still have a lot of weight left to lose but I feel great so far.

We got the girls some cute and lightweight vacation clothes too. I special ordered a couple of embroidered Disney shirts for Bella and I can’t wait to see them! They should be arriving any day now. I have just started packing. Started, would be the key word. I put a few things in one suitcase and then got so busy that I haven’t even been able to look at it since! Thankfully this weekend is a three day weekend so I WILL have all the packing done by Monday. At least that is the plan. Lol

I was beginning to panic because at the end of last week I still didn’t have my luggage tags. I called my prize contact at Disney and he informed me that I may or may not get them and that I would possibly have to handle my own luggage. Yikes! Out of frustration I called the main reservation line and the super nice CM told me they were printed and would be arriving shortly and sure enough a few days later they did! I have my packing list and all my spreadsheets printed so let the fun begin!

Congrats on the weight loss! Makes shopping for Disney even more fun! I hope your packing has come along since you only have 3 days left.:rotfl:

I can't wait to hear about the trip when you get back, especially the shopping spree!:love:

Just found this PTR, and wow...congratulations!!! It's so cool to hear about someone actually winning. Have an amazing trip and I hope you do a TR when you get back so we can hear all about it :)

Congrats on the weight loss! Makes shopping for Disney even more fun! I hope your packing has come along since you only have 3 days left.:rotfl:

I can't wait to hear about the trip when you get back, especially the shopping spree!:love:

Thank you! I have been so busy getting ready that I havent had time to post much on the DIS. I am super excited about the shopping spree. I will make sure to do a full TR when I get back. Thanks for reading!

Just found this PTR, and wow...congratulations!!! It's so cool to hear about someone actually winning. Have an amazing trip and I hope you do a TR when you get back so we can hear all about it :)

Thank you so much! I am planning to do a TR when we return. I would love to have you follow along! :goodvibes

We leave tomorrow morning! So excited!!!!!!!!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter