I ordered the Landry's card!

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I purchased the Landry's card and should be getting it in the mail soon. I know that there will be a $25 Welcome Reward on there, but come June I will get a Birthday Reward as well. From what I read, they will deduct the latest "coupon" from your account first. So that will be the Birthday Reward, (Rain Forest Cafe) and then I should be able to use my Welcome Reward in the gift shop or at another meal, (T-Rex)?

You should be able to ask them to deduct the Birthday reward when they are running it through.

You should be able to ask them to deduct the Birthday reward when they are running it through.
I don't really think it matters which one they use, right? I just know I read that you can't use both at the same meal.

I don't really think it matters which one they use, right? I just know I read that you can't use both at the same meal.

Correct. Birthday reward expires at the end of the birthday month. I believe the welcome reward expires 3 months after issuance.

Can you use the birthday reward first then the welcome reward at yak and yeti quick service for a drink or two?

Yes to the questions that OP and Andy asked.

When I signed up in 2016, they took $50 off our dinner bill. Now they apparently will use $25 each on two separate purchases.

I do not have experience in using gift cards or rewards at the Quick Serve, but I have seen it posted here that you can. I would ask before placing my order.

You can certainly use one reward toward a meal at Y&Y which IMO is one of the best restaurants at WDW right now. Then use the other reward for drinks and snacks at the QS or Safari Bar in AK.

The birthday reward expires on the 15th of the following month. For example, if your birthday is anytime in June then it will expire on July 15.

I signed up in 2015 and I used the welcome and birthday rewards at once which was great. They have since changed that - one reward at a time and you can specify which one they use. It's really a great program, especially if you have Landry restaurants near you.

I just want to be able to use one atvthe meal and one in the gift shop.

They have faqs on the website:

• Rewards are redeemed in the order they were earned. Restaurants do not have the option of selecting which reward to redeem from a members account. The Welcome reward will automatically be applied on the member's first visit to the restaurant following registration. Birthday Rewards cannot be redeemed on a visit in conjunction with a Welcome Reward redemption.

I just want to be able to use one atvthe meal and one in the gift shop.
not sure if you can. you used to not be able to - had to be used in the restaurants. but they may have changed that as well, because you used to be able to choose which reward to redeem as well.

not sure if you can. you used to not be able to - had to be used in the restaurants. but they may have changed that as well, because you used to be able to choose which reward to redeem as well.
May have two meals then. Rainforest and T Rex.

We are Landry's members (since we have a RFC near us) and it has perks. You can get quicker seats and points every time you dine or spend money at the shop there. I haven't redeemed a reward at the shop, but I have gotten points for things purchased there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter