"I Only Run in Purple." - Anisum's Road PRs in 2018

Woohoo for resort booking. We've never stayed at Coronado, but from the pictures it looks like a great resort. Good ADR vibes for getting Ohana for Sunday night. Tomorrow morning is ADR day for me, so I've got my game plan all mapped out and ready to hit the website bright and early!

Love Moana and also love B&B live action. I need to go buy that one on DVD!

Following along.

When my kids were younger and we could all fit into one room somewhat comfortably, Coronado was a favorite of ours. The theming is beautiful. I like the room decor. That main pool is fabulous. You will love the resort. Now that we ow. Dvc we stay dvc mostly but you can't go wrong with the Coronado.

Hotel booking is SO EXCITING! I'm excited for you! Have never stayed at Coronado but their pool looks pretty amazing from pics that I've seen online.

Aaaaaaand now I've got that dang coconuts song stuck in my head.

Btw the live action B&tB songs break my brain a little bit because I'm so used to the cartoon versions. Guess I just have to watch it more :)
I'm always excited for fun pools. Very jealous of @ZellyB's Poly pool but Coronado will be nice.

It's weird hearing them. I enjoyed the movie a lot but it was odd to hear the songs. Especially without Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Potts.

Woohoo for resort booking. We've never stayed at Coronado, but from the pictures it looks like a great resort. Good ADR vibes for getting Ohana for Sunday night. Tomorrow morning is ADR day for me, so I've got my game plan all mapped out and ready to hit the website bright and early!
Good luck! Hopefully you get everything you want.

Following along.

When my kids were younger and we could all fit into one room somewhat comfortably, Coronado was a favorite of ours. The theming is beautiful. I like the room decor. That main pool is fabulous. You will love the resort. Now that we ow. Dvc we stay dvc mostly but you can't go wrong with the Coronado.
Welcome!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm excited to stay there (as I am about staying in any Disney resort I haven't stayed in before) but the pool and hot tub are what excite me the most.

So I mentioned it on the Marathon Weekend thread but L was a pro and got our reservations for meals. We're going a little light with reservations because we're not planning too much time in the parks and haven't committed to what parks we're visiting on what days.

Friday 1/5 - Be Our Guest Dinner
Saturday 1/6 - 1900 Park Fare Dinner
Sunday 1/7 - Ohana Dinner

Friday and Saturday are early. Our Park Fare Dinner is around 4:30pm because we plan to be in bed by 7pm and asleep by 8pm.

So, I got back on Tuesday night and was too wiped out to run on Wednesday. I ran Thursday morning and found myself out of shape (as one does after 10 days off) and was sore the rest of the day. I went and ran my Saturday run though and got all 5 miles in with a 15 minute drive to the farmer's market in between. I felt good on Sunday but didn't want to push it by doing two days in a row so soon.

This week is back to training for real. Looking forward to Wednesday's run, I realized I had a question for @DopeyBadger. It says 2 miles @ WU + Progression (14:08, 13:12, 12:30) + 1 mile @ CD my question is when do I start the progression after the warm up? And how many miles is it total? 5 or 6? And to that point I realized as I look at the plan that Saturday is: 5 miles @ Long Run + 1 mile @ Tempo + 1 mile @ Long Run but is listed on the training plan as 6 miles total which doesn't #Math to me.

In other news L convinced me to pace her for one more 10 miler so she can get a better PoT for Dopey. It's on September 24th in one of the beach towns along the shore so it should be a great time with post-race boardwalk food and a breeze. The lowpoint of the course will be running over and back one of the bridges that connects the island to the mainland.

I like your choice of Park Faire because then you are off your feet and letting the characters come to you instead of standing in a line :)
Reading about everyone's ADRs today is making me really hungry! This is trouble an hour prior to lunch.

Sunday 1/7 - Ohana Dinner

#TeamOhanaCelebration!

It says 2 miles @ WU + Progression (14:08, 13:12, 12:30) + 1 mile @ CD my question is when do I start the progression after the warm up? And how many miles is it total? 5 or 6?

Looks like some sloppy work on my end. The #math says to do the following:

1 mile @ WU (this says 2 in the description but I later dropped to 1 because of balance)
1 mile @ 14:08
1 mile @ 13:12
1 mile @ 12:30
1 mile @ CD

5 miles in total.

And to that point I realized as I look at the plan that Saturday is: 5 miles @ Long Run + 1 mile @ Tempo + 1 mile @ Long Run but is listed on the training plan as 6 miles total which doesn't #Math to me.

More sloppy math from me. The summing feature didn't include the "int 2" columns as this was the only run with that. The run should be:

5 miles @ LR
1 mile @ Tempo
1 mile @ LR

7 miles in total.

I do apologize as I should have caught these errors previously.

In other news L convinced me to pace her for one more 10 miler so she can get a better PoT for Dopey. It's on September 24th in one of the beach towns along the shore so it should be a great time with post-race boardwalk food and a breeze. The lowpoint of the course will be running over and back one of the bridges that connects the island to the mainland.

Fun!

#TeamOhanaCelebration!
YES! Ohana is the best celebration because 1. Food. 2. Fireworks viewing.

Our reservation is at 7:00pm I think so we'll probably be eating or heading out when you get there.

Looks like some sloppy work on my end. The #math says to do the following:

1 mile @ WU (this says 2 in the description but I later dropped to 1 because of balance)
1 mile @ CD

5 miles in total.
Okay that makes perfect sense. I just figured I'd check so I knew when to wake up tomorrow for running.

More sloppy math from me. The summing feature didn't include the "int 2" columns as this was the only run with that. The run should be:

5 miles @ LR
1 mile @ Tempo
1 mile @ LR

7 miles in total.
Okay perfect.

I do apologize as I should have caught these errors previously.
No prob!

It should be. She's coming down this weekend so I'll have the opportunity to see what pace she's at since she's been training.

I like your choice of Park Faire because then you are off your feet and letting the characters come to you instead of standing in a line :)
Reading about everyone's ADRs today is making me really hungry! This is trouble an hour prior to lunch.
Yes! I'm not sure I've ever been but it's one of L's favorites so I figure I have to try it. Plus, character meals are always the best. Reading about ADRs makes me hungry too.

So this morning I woke up at 4:15am to enjoy the fun and excitement that can only be provided by a run. This morning was made especially wonderful by the heat and humidity :crazy2:. When I went out it was a beautiful 79 degrees :scared: with 74% humidity and my phone told me it felt like 84. Never the less, today was a more exciting run because @DopeyBadger's plan had me doing:

1 mile @ WU
1 mile @ CD
I wasn't sure how close I would get based on effort but I had hoped I would be close enough given that some of the sprinklers on my route should be on. :flower1:

The run started off well and I found a sprinker early on. Less than half a mile in. :thanks: I didn't really need a sprinkler yet but I liked having it. This house is one of my favorites because 1. The owner's dog doesn't try to bite me but instead begs me to pet them 2. He cut down the overgrown branches of a tree that was filled with tent caterpillars (I'm afraid of caterpillars which is a long story) so none fell onto my head (clearly it wasn't because it would save the rest of the tree but instead for my benefit) and 3. Sprinklers!

Sadly this would be the only sprinkler I would hit. The first mile I was close to WU which I mentally misremembered as 15:32 (which is the old EA before my paces were updated) after my vacation. I then continued and in my excitement went a little fast and hit 13:59 instead of the prescribed 14:08. :sad2: When I continued on I found that running on pace for the next one would be too much given the humidity so I stayed with feel and clocked in a 13:28. I did my last mile in the series at 12:44. My cool down was a bit fast (15:04) which I attribute to my desire to be out of the heat and in the shower.

All together it was fairly successful though.

So this morning I woke up at 4:15am to enjoy the fun and excitement that can only be provided by a run. This morning was made especially wonderful by the heat and humidity :crazy2:. When I went out it was a beautiful 79 degrees :scared: with 74% humidity and my phone told me it felt like 84. Never the less, today was a more exciting run because @DopeyBadger's plan had me doing:

1 mile @ WU
1 mile @ CD
I wasn't sure how close I would get based on effort but I had hoped I would be close enough given that some of the sprinklers on my route should be on. :flower1:

The run started off well and I found a sprinker early on. Less than half a mile in. :thanks: I didn't really need a sprinkler yet but I liked having it. This house is one of my favorites because 1. The owner's dog doesn't try to bite me but instead begs me to pet them 2. He cut down the overgrown branches of a tree that was filled with tent caterpillars (I'm afraid of caterpillars which is a long story) so none fell onto my head (clearly it wasn't because it would save the rest of the tree but instead for my benefit) and 3. Sprinklers!

Sadly this would be the only sprinkler I would hit. The first mile I was close to WU which I mentally misremembered as 15:32 (which is the old EA before my paces were updated) after my vacation. I then continued and in my excitement went a little fast and hit 13:59 instead of the prescribed 14:08. :sad2: When I continued on I found that running on pace for the next one would be too much given the humidity so I stayed with feel and clocked in a 13:28. I did my last mile in the series at 12:44. My cool down was a bit fast (15:04) which I attribute to my desire to be out of the heat and in the shower.

Sounds like a great outing....well except for the being up at 4:15am thing. Although now you are done with your run for the day! Hurrah!

PS I kinda agree with caterpillars. They are "cute" in theory but when you get up close to them...ewwww. Like you would think what are essentially baby butterflies would be cuter. They are fascinating little creatures, but fairly grotesque up close.

1 mile @ WU
1 mile @ CD

Well done, that's a solid run all around.

Sounds like a great outing....well except for the being up at 4:15am thing. Although now you are done with your run for the day! Hurrah!

PS I kinda agree with caterpillars. They are "cute" in theory but when you get up close to them...ewwww. Like you would think what are essentially baby butterflies would be cuter. They are fascinating little creatures, but fairly grotesque up close.
I have a group bike ride tonight so running in the evening was not going to work. At least running in the morning makes me feel accomplished at 6am.

I wish they were cuter. The tent ones are the worst because they destroy trees and end up everywhere below a nearby tree. My actual fear of them comes from a video I watched on them in 5th grade. I don't remember much of it but the fact that Mexican jumping beans have catepillars inside left me going NOPE!

Well done, that's a solid run all around.
:thanks: Thanks! I was a little nervous when I went out too fast but by the 3rd and 4th mile I got the hang of it.
Sounds like a great run! You did a great job balancing prescribed pacing with effort, nice work!
:thanks: Thank you!

Excellent dining choices. Sounds like there will be lots of Dissers celebrating at Ohana!

Well done on the run. The heat and humidity are just rough right now.

Not all caterpillars are bad though.

2259228038498f058a73fa6d430ed892.gif

@Anisum I thought of you on my run this morning: My shoes were purple, my shirt was purple, and my sports bra was purple. Completely unintentional, but still.

@Anisum I thought of you on my run this morning: My shoes were purple, my shirt was purple, and my sports bra was purple. Completely unintentional, but still.
That is some high quality running right there, hopefully it made you go fastthe intended pace. My clothes were mostly blue with purple accents. Also my highlighter yellow safety vest because it was dark.

Week 13 (7/10 - 7/16):
Mon: 3 mi @ EA (15:02)
Tue: OFF
Wed: 1 mi @ WU, Progression (14:08, 13:12, 12:30), 1 mi @ CD
Thu: OFF
Fri: 5 mi @ EB (14:06)
Sat: 5 mi @ LR (13:38) + 1 mi @ Tempo + 1 mi @ LR

Monday: I did stay at EA. I went to a group run which was a mistake given it that night it ended up being a small group of quick people, one of whom was an 10-11min/mi who wanted to hang back so I wasn't alone. This made me feel like I was holding things up so I tried to go faster and was overall unsuccessful. Usually there is someone more my pace on the Monday night groups so I was surprised and kind of disappointed that I couldn't stick to EA. On the upside I did make it up the big, long, hill on that route running which isn't always something I'm successful at.

Wednesday: I spoke a lot about this already but I didn't mention I did lunch time yoga and then went and rode 9 miles or so (the route said 10 but my Garmin in bike mode said 9) with my tri-club after work. I was on the beginners ride (because I'm unfamiliar with the area) and got some practice on hills (though my upcoming tri is flat for the bike portion) and I got to stick to the front of the pack. It was a good experience and I'm thinking I may go again next week if I'm packed.

Friday: So I was a little slower on this one (14:12 average). I ended up very close to EB though. I was very slow on my first mile (14:43) but the rest made up for it (some were even a bit fast) and I ended up being able to finish right around EB.

Saturday: So L came to visit on Friday and was planning to run with me on Saturday. There was also a group run going out and back to hit a farmer's market in the next town over from mine. Since L has just gotten back into running and was doing treadmill training I figured that would provide her with the best places to stop and turn around as necessary. L improved from the last time we ran together but was definitely pushing herself a little too much to maintain a pace closer to my norm. It worked and we hit 13:32 on the first mile. The second mile is where she started to struggle so we did walk/run/walk and came in at 15:16. At that point L was out and got picked up from the route while I met up with the portion of the group that was only doing the back section. We stood for a few minutes while everyone arrived and I think that time allowed for a GI storm to start brewing. I ran a 13:50 for mile 3 but it started to feel terrible in my stomach and below when I ran (though of course walking felt fine), this continued through mile 4 (13:59) and I started to take a few walk breaks in a hope to alleviate it. Mile 5 was bad at 14:43 but I was determined to press on and make my best attempt at tempo given the situation. I made it in 13:56 but it wasn't a clean tempo run since I walked part and ran much faster during the non-walking portions. I made it another 0.2 miles to the farmer's market (I had planned on running the last 0.8 mi home) when my body finally objected to my attempts at continuing and given there were no public restrooms I forfeited early and only finished 6.2 miles. The run itself would have gone better if I was feeling well but the struggle is real and sometimes without public bathrooms tapping out is unavoidable.

The run itself would have gone better if I was feeling well but the struggle is real and sometimes without public bathrooms tapping out is unavoidable.

This same exact thing happened to me twice this week. And I don't even eat before I go out. So. Good for you for doing your best here... I know it is tough.

This same exact thing happened to me twice this week. And I don't even eat before I go out. So. Good for you for doing your best here... I know it is tough.
It's the actual worst feeling. I ate a honey stinger waffle before hand but I think it was just the time I went running in reference to my usual morning routine (I was running when I normally would be using the restroom) that caused the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter