"I Only Run in Purple." - Anisum's Road PRs in 2018

Week 31 (11/13-11/19):
Monday: 4mi @ EA
Tuesday: 1mi @ WU + 0.5mi * 4 @ HM Tempo + 3 0.5 RI + 1mi @CD
Thursday: 1mi @ WU + 5mi @ Tempo + 1mi @ CD
Friday: 4mi @ EA
Saturday: 6mi @ EB
Sunday: 11mi @ LR

Monday: I definitely did 4 miles. As per usual I have no recollection of what happened on this run. It definitely happened though.

Tuesday: Intervals!!! I really like intervals (except when it's hot out) because I get to feel fast and then get to rest in between. It's my favorite.

Thursday: I had worked late the night before and was scheduled to work late again so I went into work later and got this run done in the daylight (OOOOOOOOHHHH AAAAHHHHHHHHHH). I ran home mid run because I predicted what the weather would feel like incorrectly but the run as a whole was still good.

Friday: This run was also in the daylight. I really like running doing the day much better.

Saturday: I had friends coming to visit for the weekend and they ended up arriving while I was out for my run. When they called me to let me know they were there they told me my friend's mom made me crumb cake! Her crumb cake is legendary and I may have gone a little fast on the back half of my run because I was so excited about it. We also went into the city that afternoon. We didn't stop at the race expo (though I was tempted) but I was sure to say congratulations whenever I saw a runner with their medal.

Sunday: I didn't get started on this run until late afternoon. It was windy. I ran around a lake which meant it was extra windy. Luckily one side was a proper tailwind which is always nice.

That was my first week of running 6 days a week. We'll see how I do this week.

Beignets!!! I love them so much!!!

Also, I know you wrote stuff about running too, but all I can think about now are beignets.

Beignets!!! I love them so much!!!

Also, I know you wrote stuff about running too, but all I can think about now are beignets.
I mean, really what does running even matter when you have beignets. Unless of course beignets are only available post-run. That seems cruel but also motivating. The point is, everyone needs more beignets.

Tuesday: Intervals!!! I really like intervals (except when it's hot out) because I get to feel fast and then get to rest in between. It's my favorite.

DITTO!

Her crumb cake is legendary and I may have gone a little fast on the back half of my run because I was so excited about it.

This is definitely on the list of "good reasons to run too fast!"

Week 32 (11/20-11/26):
Monday: 3mi @ EA
Tuesday: 1mi @ WU + 0.75mi * 3 @ HM Tempo + 2 0.5 RI + 1mi @CD
Thursday: 1mi @ WU + 5mi @ Tempo + 1mi @ CD
Friday: 3mi @ EA
Saturday: 4mi @ EB
Sunday: 5mi @ LR

Monday: 3 miles. Very exciting because it's one less than four. Running three miles is the sign of an easy week.

Tuesday: Intervals!!! I still enjoyed intervals because the whole thing seems to go fast because I'm focused on when it's time to run fast and when it's time to rest.

Thursday: I really considered running this Wednesday because it was supposed to be much nicer and I got out early. I really needed the rest though so it was a cold Thursday run for me. I actually bundled up too much and about 1.6 miles in I saw my mom drive by so I hitched a ride with her back to the house so I could change into slightly lighter clothes. I ran along the one lake nearby and a guy running a little ahead of me stepped in dog poop which allowed me to miss it. Thanks for the warning stranger. I do wish we had a turkey trot because that would be nice but all of ours are on Saturday which is the family's big shopping day.

After the run I headed over to Thanksgiving, ate a turkey leg, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, stuffing, cookies, and pie. It was delicious and I left full. I usually hate to go out on Thanksgiving night (I'd rather people be able to stay home with their families) but my niece wanted a doorbuster at Toys'R'Us and my jeans were on sale so I headed out with my mother. I got two pairs of jeans, the last one of the toy my niece wanted, and my mother suggested we go to Macy's because that's where I get my winter running clothes. The brand I like (Ideology) was a Doorbuster so I ended up with a lot of (purple) running clothes. I'd post a picture but the Macys site doesn't want to share images.

Friday: I switched my two runs because our family's main shopping day is Saturday so I wasn't sure I'd have time to get 4 miles in so I did them today.

Saturday: 3 miles instead of four.

Sunday: I did five miles. It happened. I was tired and really wanted a nap.

That was my second week of running 6 days a week. This coming week is the hardest of the whole plan. 40 miles.

Monday: 3 miles. Very exciting because it's one less than four. Running three miles is the sign of an easy week.

Tuesday: Intervals!!! I still enjoyed intervals because the whole thing seems to go fast because I'm focused on when it's time to run fast and when it's time to rest.

Completely agree with both of these sentiments!

Friday: I switched my two runs because our family's main shopping day is Saturday so I wasn't sure I'd have time to get 4 miles in so I did them today.

You're so good! I totally skipped (and regret it) - good for you for thinking through your schedule.

I love, and completely "get" this philosophy!!
It's a philosophy to live by really.

You're so good! I totally skipped (and regret it) - good for you for thinking through your schedule.
It's only because I'm training for Dopey. I rarely run during vacations and would normally not have run any day except for Friday and/or Sunday were it up to me. The training plan says to run though and in 5.5 weeks I have to run 48.6 miles.

Do you have enough purple running clothes to support this 6-days a week habit?

Kudos for getting out there so much. Eye on the prize!

Do you have enough purple running clothes to support this 6-days a week habit?

Kudos for getting out there so much. Eye on the prize!
Some weeks? I usually try to get two or three days out of running clothes if I'm running alone. I have the following appropriate running clothes purple and blue running jacket (1), purple running fleece hoodie (1), plum running vest (1), purple running long sleeve tops (4), plum and pink running top (1), galaxy running pants with purple in them (2), purple fleece running pants (1). It gets me through but I think I'm getting more for Christmas hopefully. I feel like unless there is both long sleeve/pants and capri/tank weather marathon weekend I might have to disappoint one day and run in not purple. Tragic.

Thank you, it's the support of this board, my family, and the aim for the finish that makes me keep up.

On another note, @DopeyBadger is today 8 or 9. It says 9 but only 5 miles of progression are listed and the time seems to reflect 8.

On another note, @DopeyBadger is today 8 or 9. It says 9 but only 5 miles of progression are listed and the time seems to reflect 8.

2 mile WU + 5 mile Progression (14:15, 13:45, 13:15, 12:24, 12:15) + 1 mile CD

The time limit of 120 minutes tells me this is correct, over the written "6 mile Progression and 9 mile total". It appears that part was in error. Thanks for checking!

2 mile WU + 5 mile Progression (14:15, 13:45, 13:15, 12:24, 12:15) + 1 mile CD

The time limit of 120 minutes tells me this is correct, over the written "6 mile Progression and 9 mile total". It appears that part was in error. Thanks for checking!
Awesome thanks!

Week 33 (11/27-12/3):
Monday: 4mi @ EA
Tuesday: 1mi @ WU + 1mi * 3 @ HM Tempo + 2 0.5 RI + 1mi @ CD
Thursday: 2 mile @ WU + 5 mile Progression (14:15, 13:45, 13:15, 12:24, 12:15) + 1 mile @ CD
Friday: 4 mi @ EA
Saturday: 6 mi @ EB (I only did 5.5)
Sunday: 8 mi @ LR + 3 mi @ Tempo (I only did 5.5)

Monday: 4 miles. Very exciting. I always forget anything interesting that happened during the Monday miles so I don't post much about it.

Tuesday: Intervals!!! The 1 mile intervals are a bit longer than I like but it's not a huge deal because I have one more week of them and then I decrease my intervals again.

Thursday: This was good. I feel like I have to engage my mind the same way I do when I run intervals since I'm changing the pace so I liked it a lot.

Friday: 4 miles again. I stopped midway through the run because I saw my friend in town and went to talk to them for a few before continuing.

Saturday: I was running when I felt a twinge in my leg about mile 4 or so. It seemed like my leg muscle cramped up and froze and it was not good. I ran a bit further because it wasn't enough to really bother me but as I continued it seemed to get worse so when I got kind of close to home at mile 5.5 I stopped and walked because I was concerned something wasn't right. I sometimes get stuck when I stretch because I hyper extend and something in my calf catches and it kind of felt like that. So I spoke with my mom and she thinks I might have just pinched a tendon or something. I iced it and felt better.

Sunday: I was hesitant to do too many miles because of what happened the day before even though I felt better. I did 5.5 miles but my dad texted me and asked if I wanted to do lunch so while I felt good enough (I occasionally felt a twinge but nothing painful like the day before) so I decided to head home and do lunch and see how I felt rather than overexert myself. It was a good decision because once I sat a while even after stretching a bit my calf cramped up again so I iced it and felt better.

I'm a bit concerned about missing the hardest run of my training plan so I'm not sure if I should take the paces from that and apply it to my last 11 mile run two weeks from now or if I should do 11 next week instead of 7 but that would mean doing 11 two weeks in a row or if I should just figure what's done is done and continue my training. Everything else has been going well and I've been pretty good at getting all of my runs in so I know I shouldn't be worried about it. I just felt so good Saturday and Sunday with regards to being in the zone with training and enjoying running that I'm sad my calf is trying to make things difficult. Doesn't my body know it needs to stay healthy for the next month and 3-4 days so I get through the marathon in one piece?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!