Hanging up my running shoes

So much Elf...

It seems like you might be a little excited for this cruise. Not sure why. It's not like it's a great itinerary with lots of warm sunshine (honestly, that's all I care about in a cruise...) and pretty awesome room ...

That was fantastic! Elf is a must-see for my family every Christmas. :santa:

Have a great cruise and I hope to meet you at one of the Dopey meets! :mickeyjum

I hope I get to meet you too. I think I'm as excited about the meets as I am the races.

View attachment 288830
Watching Elf is literally the main reason I got through my treadmill run last night.

I can't wait to hear all about your cruise and live vicariously through your report!

Merry Christmasi!

Elf is my absolute favorite Christmas movie now. That's actually a great choice for a treadmill run!

Almost cruise time! So jealous. Can't wait to hear all about it!! :sail::umbrella::beach:

I've got sooooo much to do this week to get ready and unfortunately work is interfering with that. BOO!

So, I think, but please correct me if I'm wrong, you may be just a tad bit excited for your cruise? Maybe? A little?

Perhaps just a little bit. :D

So much Elf...

It seems like you might be a little excited for this cruise. Not sure why. It's not like it's a great itinerary with lots of warm sunshine (honestly, that's all I care about in a cruise...) and pretty awesome room ...

It's been pretty chilly here, so the idea of running around in shorts in the sunshine has me utterly distracted!

So, I guess you are actually supposed to keep training right?

giphy.gif

Because Chris and I seem to have abandoned that. :D We did run our 20-miler last Sunday, so that counts as part of last week right? Otherwise we ran a total of 3 miles outside of that. OOPS! I do blame my cold which has been ridiculously persistent. I'm still coughing some, but it is getting better, but it's been sloooooooow.

giphy.gif

So, in more fun news, the corrals came out for Dopey weekend. Chris and I are in D for the half and full and I'm pretty pleased with that. I'm not so happy that this year runDisney decided to go with fewer corrals and presumably mini-wave starts within them, but whatever. All will be well. We usually get to the corrals early anyway, so we can decide if we want to be toward the front or just hang at the back like we have in more recent races. With such big corrals though, being at the front will make a difference of several minutes and thousands of people, so yeah. Who knows? Game-day decision no doubt.
Kronk_Unbiased.gif

In other news, we went up to Kansas City this weekend for a Chiefs game. We bought the tickets weeks ago and didn't know at the time what a big game it would be. Basically after a great start, the Chiefs have sucked the second half of the season. The Chargers after a rough start had been coming on, so this was really a must-win game for both teams. Thankfully, the Chiefs seem to have gotten a wake-up call the last couple of weeks and they won!!! Woohoo!! We had awesome seats and went with some good friends. It was a beautiful Saturday night game (especially for December) and we had an amazing time.
Untitled by giseleb2, on Flickr

Untitled by giseleb2, on Flickr

We got home on Sunday and had our early Christmas celebration at my parents' house. It was really nice and I got a new Kindle paperwhite that I'm excited to take on the cruise for some lovely reading time.
giphy.gif

The kids were happy with their gifts as well, so it's good to have that all finished up and now on to the final trip plans.

I guess we will try to actually run some this week. :D

Sorry you have a cold, but better to get it over and done with before cruise and Dopey! So really it's great timing. ::yes::

I 100% don't understand what runDisney is doing with the corrals. Especially since they have the mini waves...it's like they still have the same number of corrals, they just won't be labeled as well. I read somewhere that maybe this is a way to cut down on the number of volunteers (less corrals = less entrances to corrals = less volunteers needed at each entrance), other than that I really don't get why they'd do this!

Sorry you have a cold, but better to get it over and done with before cruise and Dopey! So really it's great timing. ::yes::

I 100% don't understand what runDisney is doing with the corrals. Especially since they have the mini waves...it's like they still have the same number of corrals, they just won't be labeled as well. I read somewhere that maybe this is a way to cut down on the number of volunteers (less corrals = less entrances to corrals = less volunteers needed at each entrance), other than that I really don't get why they'd do this!

I told myself the same thing about my cold. I should be feeling great for my vacations!

I know it's silly to be disappointed about the corrals. I mean, I'm solidly a middle-of-the-pack runner and that's where I am. And, we stop so much it ends up not mattering since everybody in the later corrals usually ends up catching us anyway. But, having steadily moved up from L over the last couple of years, I thought we had a good shot at G this year. And, while D SOUNDS more impressive, unless we do opt to start at the front of the corral, we probably didn't gain much if anything. Again, in practicality it means nothing and it's not like I'm all worked up about it. Just a little bit of a damper that I'm over (even if this post doesn't make it seem that way. :D)

And knowing runDisney as we do, I have little doubt that the reason for it is somehow to save money. ;)

I told myself the same thing about my cold. I should be feeling great for my vacations!

I know it's silly to be disappointed about the corrals. I mean, I'm solidly a middle-of-the-pack runner and that's where I am. And, we stop so much it ends up not mattering since everybody in the later corrals usually ends up catching us anyway. But, having steadily moved up from L over the last couple of years, I thought we had a good shot at G this year. And, while D SOUNDS more impressive, unless we do opt to start at the front of the corral, we probably didn't gain much if anything. Again, in practicality it means nothing and it's not like I'm all worked up about it. Just a little bit of a damper that I'm over (even if this post doesn't make it seem that way. :D)

And knowing runDisney as we do, I have little doubt that the reason for it is somehow to save money. ;)
I mean, I get it - you had a goal and runDisney sort of pulled the rug out. I can see how it feels like you didn't gain much.

BUT - that's still a super solid corral assignment, and even if you don't start at the front of D, you can try to position yourself within the waves to get to where you want to be. Like you said, you have options with the waves, at least.

This corral situation is ... interesting. I'm really curious how it is going to work out. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I hope your cold is finally gone (or at least closer to being gone!)

Yay for the Chiefs' win for your game. I've never been to an NFL game (I've been to lots of 49ers training practices, but not a game). That sounds like it was a lot of fun.
And I really love my kindle that is strictly for reading. I don't pull it out as much as I used to because my ipad and phone have taken its place to a certain degree, but it really is so nice. Lightweight, no glare- you've reminded me to pull mine out again!

I hope your cold leaves you quickly!!

Have been very behind on everyone’s journals, and slowly trying to catch up. Hope you are feeling better!!! Have a wonderful cruise! Looking forward to meeting you in WDW woohoo!!!!

Merry Christmas! Enjoy the cruise! (And make sure you take lots of pictures of that awesome room to show us when you get back...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!