Hanging up my running shoes

How did you run with pinkie go??

And to chime in on HP... I'm 58.1% Ravenclaw, 36.5% Hufflepuff, 5.4% Gryffindor and 0% Slytherin
I am pretty much a true Ravenclaw, but I have always related to Hermione, especially as a middle schooler reading the books... bushy brown hair and a bit too studious. :)

A Harry Potter race would be AWESOME.

Pinkie got forgotten at home yesterday. :eek: I fear that was my subconscious at work. Today we did some track running, so didn't want to mess with her for that, so tomorrow is the DAY to give it a shot again. :Pinkbounc

I also had 0% Slytherin, but that's probably because I didn't want to admit on some of those questions that I might actually do some of the things suggested. It's all about answering those with what you BELIEVE you would do. :D

Oh good, I'm not the only one who does that. I rarely admit that I'm actually secretly evil (don't tell anyone).

Also ... really looking forward to the DIS meetup at the Harry Potter race. Now they just need to have a Harry Potter race ... (I've been hoping for one for several years now, still no luck)

Oh good, I'm not the only one who does that. I rarely admit that I'm actually secretly evil (don't tell anyone).

Also ... really looking forward to the DIS meetup at the Harry Potter race. Now they just need to have a Harry Potter race ... (I've been hoping for one for several years now, still no luck)

Your secret is safe with me.

Maybe we should start some kind of write-in campaign to Universal and tell them they really need to start competing for those runDisney dollars!

Food, Glorious Food

In honor of this Harry Potter diversion (which I LOVE) – here is a Potter gif-heavy post!

giphy.gif

Next week will be bringing up the 180 day mark for our Dopey trip in January. YAY!! So, I’ve been struggling some with what ADRs we want to make for this trip.

bXdXW.gif

There are several restaurants I’m wanting to try and Disney is just now starting to get park hours out there for the dates we will be there, so coming up with a schedule this time has been a challenge. You guys know how I love a schedule and I always have a spreadsheet for my trips.

latest

So, yesterday, I finally mapped out tentative park days and planned ADRs, so now I just have to hope I get them and that the plan works out. So many restaurants - so little time!

The-Timeturner-harry-potter-28520223-500-207.gif

I’m planning to do an ROL dining package at Tiffins for dinner on the day of our arrival. Excited to see those beautiful, glowing floats on the river.

flying_ford_anglia_by_wotcherpotter-d41jr9x.gif

Then for Wednesday night I’m hoping to do a Brown Derby dinner

tumblr_lxlqh1xMxv1r327x8.gif

(okay not a brown derby, but that's one awesome hat!)

with a Fantasmic dining package. They don’t have the Fantasmic schedule quite that far out yet though, so that may not work out.

Thursday after the 5K my plan is to spend the day at Magic Kingdom and leave at lunch for a reservation at The Wave at the Contemporary. I’ve heard good things about that and then a later dinner at Citricos at the Grand Floridian.

Friday after the 10K, thinking we will head back to Animal Kingdom for the morning, hoping to make a Dis meet-up at Hurricaine Hannahs

x4f2as.jpg

and then head to Epcot for dinner at Via Napoli and then back to the hotel for an early bedtime or maybe stay to see Illuminations if we have the energy.

tumblr_nmcmf2mRaQ1u1vo97o1_500.gif

Saturday after the half is a non-park day for us, but very food heavy! :D Planning for a late breakfast at Kona Café then head to Disney Springs and do lunch at Paddlefish. Maybe back to the hotel for a couple of hours to rest and nap and then back to Disney Springs for dinner at Homecomin’ That’s a lot of eating, but, hey, we need to refuel for the marathon right?

tumblr_no02rl8sVS1u1vo97o1_500.gif

Sunday also is a non-park day so we can rest and celebrate completing Dopey!! Planning to just do quick service for lunch on Sunday at the hotel and then an early celebration dinner at Victoria & Alberts!!

tumblr_loi17tHN761qie3i0.gif

Monday we are planning to sleep in a bit and do a quick service breakfast before heading to Epcot for Drinking Around the World. I’m thinking I may make an ADR for lunch at Le Cellier, but we may not do that in favor of just grazing our way around along with drinking.

anigif_enhanced-28437-1441900805-1.gif

:D Then an early dinner at Flying Fish before an early bedtime to prep for the journey home.

It’s a great plan – that will likely change a million times before we go, but it’s a start.

giphy.gif

I love how ADR heavy your Dopey trip is. I am going with Disney Newbies, so I have to dedicate a lot more time to parks and rides, so the TS restaurants got cut way back, of course that is probably better for the pocketbook!

On the HarryPotter sort-I am a die-hard Slytherin, and have no issue owning it!! That sorting quiz however, paints a pretty dark and one-sided view of what being Slytherine means...not that i am not down for some manipulations :rolleyes1

Nice ADR plan - lots of good stuff on there! I love the idea of celebrating at Victoria & Alberts ... it's the perfect occasion for a fancy dinner!

HARRY POTTER GIFs YESSSSSS

AHHH love your ADRs. Victoria & Albert's, so jealous! :faint:

Sorting Hat update:
TWIST! I was sorted on Pottermore awhile back and it has me as a Gryffindor...

Sort of seems like Pottermore should be the authority, no? :scratchin

Your ADRs look great!! It sounds like the perfect adult Disney race weekend! But you're right that you'll probably change them a few times before they're finalized. Hopefully park hours won't change too much in the next couple of months!

Pinkie on the Half Shell

c856f7514f42970d2368effc2ce3fde8.gif

Still sucks :(

So, took Pinkie out again today but just filled her bottles up half way. I also removed the pads for the straps under my armpits to see how that went. So, I will say it was marginally better today. We did stop somewhere around the two mile mark to tighten up the straps some and that helped. It was a hot and humid morning and my legs were tired and my mind just not into it, so none of that helped to make it better.

deal-with-my-life-gif.gif

I finished out the 5 miles with her in place and bottles half filled and while I think I could force myself to get used to running with it, I don’t know that I really want to do that. It felt just generally constrictive and hot.

giphy.gif

So, yeah, I think I’m gonna chalk this one up to a failed attempt and go back to my belt and handheld and just carry along stuff to mix up electrolyte drink while running. Now I need to figure out if I can actually return it and, if not, probably give Craigslist a try to see if I can sell it. :( I'll just keep looking and maybe find some other style that might work for me.

shopping.gif

:D

I love how ADR heavy your Dopey trip is. I am going with Disney Newbies, so I have to dedicate a lot more time to parks and rides, so the TS restaurants got cut way back, of course that is probably better for the pocketbook!

On the HarryPotter sort-I am a die-hard Slytherin, and have no issue owning it!! That sorting quiz however, paints a pretty dark and one-sided view of what being Slytherine means...not that i am not down for some manipulations :rolleyes1

I'm trying not to think about the hit to my pocket book for all these meals. We are trying this time to lighten up on the park time and instead enjoy some time at the resort and eating all.the.food.

My daughter, Paige, is a Slytherin and she also embraces it. When the girls were 11 we went to Universal and they had robes on for their respective houses (Slytherin and Ravenclaw). Paige got way more props from TMs for being a Slytherin than Sophie did for being a Ravenclow. It was pretty funny actually.

Nice ADR plan - lots of good stuff on there! I love the idea of celebrating at Victoria & Alberts ... it's the perfect occasion for a fancy dinner!

We ate there one time before after our first marathon and it was amazing!!

Sorting Hat update:

I'm pretty excited at the prospect of enjoying V&A (and the wine pairing!) again. :D And, yes, I agree that Pottermore is the ultimate authority on Sorting Hat quizzes. That's what we used to sort my girls.

Last edited:
Your ADRs look great!! It sounds like the perfect adult Disney race weekend! But you're right that you'll probably change them a few times before they're finalized. Hopefully park hours won't change too much in the next couple of months!

I'm thinking this trip is going to be a fantastic adult trip. Poly and lots of delicious food and drink!! I'm completely confident that I'll end up changing stuff around, but for now, I'm excited with what I have.

Your plans for dining (not to be confused with the dining plan ;) ) looks awesome! I have never done a dining package, so I am looking forward to reading about your experiences!

Sorry that your 2nd pinkie run didn't go any better... I wish every running path had unlimited water fountains, so this wouldn't be a problem for anyone!

YAS Potter Gifs! Omg but that turtle pushing the other turtle in the pool is my favorite now :) (is that turtle a slytherin?)

I feel like if you can eat all that food then you need another medal to add to your stash. Some kind of "you ate 48.6 lbs of food" reward? Maybe it should be edible?
A mickey pretzel on a ribbon?

And now I've got a new slogan for all trip planning:
"We plan, we get there, and all hell breaks loose"

That actually may work for races too.

Sorting Hat update:

Hmmm Gryffindor eh? Are you a Weasley? You might be a Weasley.

@ZellyB somehow I missed the Pinkie update - if you can't return it to OM, maybe you can sell it on Facebook?
What gave it away? The red hair? :teeth:

Really I am WAY more of a Hermione Granger, if we're being totally honest! :wizard:

Solid, boring week of training
6/25 – 7/1

giphy.gif

Sunday 6/25 – Rest day

Monday 6/26 – We had a late night on Sunday and just neither one felt up to the task of track work, so we slept in instead. Bad runners!!

horizontal-running-gif.gif

Tuesday 6/27 – 5 mile run with 2:00/:30 intervals. Good run overall and getting used to the 5 mile morning runs. Overall pace of 10:22

Wednesday 6/28 – Normally not a running day, but we decided to do our track work since we skipped it on Monday. 4 cadence drills, 4 acceleration gliders and 10x400(10K pace). We did much better on consistently hitting the desired paces on this one.

consistency.gif

Thursday 6/29 – 5 mile run. UGH. It was so hot and humid this morning. I had zero energy it seemed, so we still did our 2:00/:30 intervals but just went slow. Overall pace 11:11

In our quest to continue to get our overall mileage up there more, we are planning to bump up to 5.5 or 6 miles starting in July for our maintenance runs. With the kids out of school it makes it a bit easier if we run later finishing up.

Friday 6/30 – Rest day

Saturday 7/1 – Welcome to JULY! It wasn’t too terribly hot thankfully, but it was HUMID and we were doing that really hilly route again, but it went quite well overall. 8 miles with :90/:30 intervals and overall pace of 10:46.
tumblr_nxev94sExZ1spe1sqo1_500.gif

We did yoga a couple of nights as well and that continues to be really enjoyable and relaxing. I’ll never be a yoga master, but I have found it a great addition to our running.

I did email OrangeMud about returning Pinkie and they were fine with the return and sent me a return authorization number, so I’ll be shipping her off. I really do appreciate how easy they made the return process though, so a big thumbs up to them on customer service! Bye, bye, Pinkie. I'm sorry it didn't work out between us. :(

giphy.gif

Your plans for dining (not to be confused with the dining plan ;) ) looks awesome! I have never done a dining package, so I am looking forward to reading about your experiences!

Sorry that your 2nd pinkie run didn't go any better... I wish every running path had unlimited water fountains, so this wouldn't be a problem for anyone!

We did a Fantasmic one years ago with the kids at Hollywood and Vine. The food was only okay, but it was nice not to worry about getting a seat for the show. They don't yet have ROL packages released for January, so I'll just reserve a regular Tiffins dinner and then hope for a package later when they open them up.

YAS Potter Gifs! Omg but that turtle pushing the other turtle in the pool is my favorite now :) (is that turtle a slytherin?)

I feel like if you can eat all that food then you need another medal to add to your stash. Some kind of "you ate 48.6 lbs of food" reward? Maybe it should be edible?
A mickey pretzel on a ribbon?

And now I've got a new slogan for all trip planning:
"We plan, we get there, and all hell breaks loose"

That actually may work for races too.

I'm not sure we can actually eat that much, but I'm willing to give it a try - you know in the interest of science or something.

@ZellyB somehow I missed the Pinkie update - if you can't return it to OM, maybe you can sell it on Facebook?

What gave it away? The red hair? :teeth:

Really I am WAY more of a Hermione Granger, if we're being totally honest! :wizard:

Oh yes, I can definitely see you as a Hermione and after all she does eventually become a Weasley by marriage right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!