I miss Lieutenant Dan!

DisneyKidds

<font color=green>The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mo
A recent Mission Space thread reminded me......that Go Time! just isn’t the same without Lieutenant Dan! I don’t like the new ride mission, I don’t think it’s nearly as good as the old mission to Mars.

Well it is what it is. What I find amusing is the need for a green side. The 8 year old rode the normal one with me (and got selected as the commander). I warned her about the ride beforehand and except for the fact that we had to call her commander for the rest of the day her only comment was "that was the bad one?".

Well it is what it is. What I find amusing is the need for a green side. The 8 year old rode the normal one with me (and got selected as the commander). I warned her about the ride beforehand and except for the fact that we had to call her commander for the rest of the day her only comment was "that was the bad one?".

Um, OK. Not everyone likes the orange side. I love RnR, EE, you name it, but I'm not a huge fan of spinning so while I can do orange, I prefer green. Just sayin'... but glad you're amused by its' existence.

Anyhow, I agree with OP that the new version is disappointing.

Um, OK. Not everyone likes the orange side. I love RnR, EE, you name it, but I'm not a huge fan of spinning so while I can do orange, I prefer green. Just sayin'... but glad you're amused by its' existence.

Anyhow, I agree with OP that the new version is disappointing.
Oh I didn't find it amusing the 8 year old did. But she is almost scary fearless. She came off of ToT screaming again, again.

I feel exactly the same about Lt Dan!
It’s just not the same without Gary!
We always do the Orange side and I always forget about the G force on my chest as you do the ‘slingshot around the moon’!

I just know that Gary is missing me as much as I miss him. We had such plans for Mars. Me. Him. Martian Moonrises. It was going to be great. ...and then....THIS WOMAN shows up! ...Mars will never hold the allure that it once did, for me. Not without Gary. I might as well go to Venus now. (Sniff! :sad: )

Sinise was great. But as a Firefly fan, I *love* seeing Gina Torres as CAPCOM! I'll fly to Mars for Zoe Washburne anytime!

I also like that they've made the Green mission different from the Orange. We made a point of riding both sides on our last trip and will likely continue to do so.

After the disappointment that the Soarin' update turned out to be, I'm happy with what they've done for Mission: Space. Although they did get rid of that cheesy "Destiny" song in the exit area, and we always loved to ham it up lipsyncing to that awful song!

Gary Sinise was the best part of the preshow, I loved him in Apollo 13, he's my go to space guy. I am a fan of Gina Torres as well, but she just doesn't deliver the role. Sinise nailed the cool-fighter-pilot-turned-astronaut feel and made you excited. Torres seems anxious to be doing it and looks constantly like you're about to be the next set of trainees to get killed by accident.

If they take Patrick from Soarin' I will eat my AP.

Matt

I miss Gary, too. :(
....me TOO.....!!!

enhance

Now there's a woman as a commander. Hooray! Women are guiding you to Mars! They can do anything men can do! Nicole Arbour would be proud! ...Well at least they still mention "Capcom" and I laugh way too hard because I'm a video game fan and to me, Capcom only means the people who made Mega Man and Street Fighter. Hadouken!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!