I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confessions of a Churner: I'm abnormally excited that the vending machines at work have just been converted to accept credit cards!
I got dinged by one of those. Nowhere on it did it say a convenience fee (almost equivalent to what I bought) was being charged. When I protested with Citi they issued me a courtesy credit for the fee and then admonished me saying vending machines always charge fees and I should have expected that :confused3 Someone in Citi customer service was on their high horse that day but I got my fee back!

Bummer. Mine just credited for me for my purchase from Friday, so looks like three days is about right for everyone if it's going to work correctly.
Same here. Mine just showed up about an hour ago from my Friday purchase. They got me another year of Gold Status, too.

Sorry you had to cancel :( Also...I totally understand CCs but apparently have no knowledge of DVC :rotfl2: This all went Way over my head :P

It's okay. I've been learning DVC for 18 years! There was a time when holding points would not have worried me, but DVC is now extremely popular and at 60 days out there isn't much to choose from, so I may or may not get much for those points. But because I have a reservation coming up in July which I may be able to add to, I won't try to sell them unless I don't get to use them in July. I've only booked 4 nights at Hilton Head so adding a 5th is great, but every night is now booked at the resort. I'll put myself on the waitlist and last minute something may open for a night.

The points will expire if not used by September 30 of this year. They will be good for any resort at that point, including Aulani. I mention Aulani because it tends to always have some sort of availability.

I got dinged by one of those. Nowhere on it did it say a convenience fee (almost equivalent to what I bought) was being charged. When I protested with Citi they issued me a courtesy credit for the fee and then admonished me saying vending machines always charge fees and I should have expected that :confused3 Someone in Citi customer service was on their high horse that day but I got my fee back!
Whoa! I didn't see that on the machine but I'll look much more closely before I use it, and maybe I'll wait for someone else to try it first. :laughing: Thanks for the warning.

Mine also just magically updated with more stars (they weren't there earlier this morning). You don't get bonus stars (ie. star dash stars) for getting a free item, do you? I used to have a serious sbux habit, but have cut WAY back - but try to work the bonuses when I do go these days...
Nah, you only get starts from purchases on your starbucks card (app or physical) and gift cards don't count. You can also get bonus starts by their little extras they run, like the bingo board they're running right now. I always enroll if I get an email or see it in the app because you never know when your normal purchases might result in extra stars.

I'd really like to consider it but DH's limited vacation time is holding me back :(

We were in the same boat with just about all of our vacation time earmarked but this worked for us to make it happen, so I'm offering the suggestion just in case. We chose a time period that would include the weekend and a weekday holiday where both of us are off from work. That wound up being Labor Day for us. So we incorporated 3 of the days that we did not need to request as PTO from work for the getaway.

Nah, you only get starts from purchases on your starbucks card (app or physical) and gift cards don't count. You can also get bonus starts by their little extras they run, like the bingo board they're running right now. I always enroll if I get an email or see it in the app because you never know when your normal purchases might result in extra stars.
Yeah, Sbux big brother has noticed that I don't go nearly as often as I used to - just got another offer for 125 stars if I buy 3 menu items in the next week or so. So I could overlap my star dash offer and the menu item offer (and indulge in a mocha on my way home... yum...) and I could probably hit a bingo square or two. They do know how to get to me, for sure.

Traveling for Miles posted a writeup on the new Chase Iberia and Aer Lingus cards, explaining why he thinks they aren't worth much beyond the signup bonus, especially after reading the fine print. But if you're just looking for an Avios infusion, they're worth considering as long as they really don't fall under the 5/24 rule.

All the vending machines at work take credit cards, and they all charge 10c convinces fee, but sometimes you need that Twix and you don’t have the cash.

I'd really like to consider it but DH's limited vacation time is holding me back :(

Ugh, mine too! I'm part time and work 2x 12 hour shifts a week but I put them together so I do a 4 on, week off, 2 on, 9 off pattern. I have lots of time to play with. He, on the other hand, is a M thru F guy with 3 weeks vacation per year and it's really harshing my style! Next June marks his 10 years so he will get a 4th week so we have something to look forward. And don't get me started on my kids and their school schedule! I'm going back to homeschooling after next school year.

Whoa! I didn't see that on the machine but I'll look much more closely before I use it, and maybe I'll wait for someone else to try it first. :laughing: Thanks for the warning.

Mine definitely didn't have that! Just got charged the standard $1.25 for a coke.

It worked!

I ALIIIIIVVVVVE!
Eta : why did they only charge me .25 for it? I was expecting it to cost .88. Weird.

im not sure why u were charged an extra .25. That doesnt seem right. Just to make sure, keep the receipt and also would be good to take a picture of the check. I have many time deposited MOs and the bank system sometimes misreads the amount. i had a $999.30 check was read as $969.30 before, i caught it during deposit amount verification.

Keep us posted. Also no stars for me, but I'm only at day 3.

Did you also get the notice in your app you were Gold but didn't get stars? I can't remember if that was you or someone else?

ETA: Nvm :) Glad you got yours with no hassle!

I love SNA.it was the only airport I've ever encountered where I was the only one in line at the check in counter and then getting into the security line there was one ( I repeat ONE) person in front of us. The TSA agents were actually smiling and laughing. I didn't know they could do that:crazy:. Much better than being treated like cattle and being called names at MCO.[/Q
Sounds like Burbank airport.

@peel @DisneyMandC Mine even codes as dining! :rotfl:

No extra fees!

We were in the same boat with just about all of our vacation time earmarked but this worked for us to make it happen, so I'm offering the suggestion just in case. We chose a time period that would include the weekend and a weekday holiday where both of us are off from work. That wound up being Labor Day for us. So we incorporated 3 of the days that we did not need to request as PTO from work for the getaway.
That would probably be the next holiday weekend that would work, so if it happens we might be there at the same time as you haha. DH was going to ask for more PTO soon too, but not before this offer ends.

Ugh, mine too! I'm part time and work 2x 12 hour shifts a week but I put them together so I do a 4 on, week off, 2 on, 9 off pattern. I have lots of time to play with. He, on the other hand, is a M thru F guy with 3 weeks vacation per year and it's really harshing my style! Next June marks his 10 years so he will get a 4th week so we have something to look forward. And don't get me started on my kids and their school schedule! I'm going back to homeschooling after next school year.
I get 22 days a year plus I can earn 2 extras, but DH only gets 10 days. After their 5th year, they get 5 more days... and that's the end for his company. :sad2: My company increases every 5 years until you hit 20 years... the 20+ people get 35 days plus can earn the 2 extras if they want. DH is in sales, and has two big jobs lined up right now that look like they're going to sign the contract, so if they do he's going to go ask for another week of PTO.

Response from Starbucks:
Hello Wendy,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks. I just finished reading your email and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Wendy, I apologize for the fact that you did not receive the Stars for the purchases that you made with Chase Pay. I understand how frustrating this may be. I could see your account and I saw that the Stars were added successfully onto your account and that now you have Gold status, my recommendation is to refresh your account in order to see them.
Now, as part of the benefits you receive with your gold account, every time you reach 125 stars you will be able to redeem a Reward and get a free drink or food item.

In addition to this, you will receive a personalized gold card in the mail. It can take up to six weeks for your personalized Gold card to arrive. If it does not arrive by that time, please let us know and we can issue a replacement. However, you can still earn Stars and Rewards by continuing to use any Starbucks Card registered to your Gold Level account.

Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Adrian L.
Starbucks Customer Care
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What?? How does one refresh an app? I have closed it and re-opened it multiple times and swiped down? Still same 34 stars I had before. I have checked the desktop site multiple times. Same stars. My account does say I'm gold and if you go into the history, it says I earned 300 stars. But nothing about any extra rewards. Says I need to earn 266 stars by 3/17/19 for another year of Gold.

Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter