I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news for me...My CSR af hit in Oct and I paid the $450 hoping I could use the travel credit and then PC the card and receive some of my fee back. Unfortunately, Chase allowed me to PC but said that I could not receive any of my af back :(

Chase freedom quarter 1 2018 categor
Bad news for me...My CSR af hit in Oct and I paid the $450 hoping I could use the travel credit and then PC the card and receive some of my fee back. Unfortunately, Chase allowed me to PC but said that I could not receive any of my af back :(
Sorry about that but I thought the rule was af refund within 60 days... did your fee hit oct 1?

To anyone who will do or has done the AMEX/Google Express deal, it looks like it's taking 10 days for the $20 credit to post. I did a couple orders. One was a Bose speaker from Target (this was the only way to get any type of discount since Bose is excluded from EVERY coupon/promo) ordered the end of Nov and the other was a $50 AMEX gift card ordered on 12/5. @Lain I think you ordered a gift card not long ago as well. The original total was $60.59 because Google included taxes, but when the charge hit my account it was adjusted to the correct amount of $54.95. The $20 credit came through yesterday 12/14.

I ordered a bose soundbar through Costco on google express. It has disappeared off my account, but was delivered. Weird. I assume it will show back up eventually like my Wal-Mart orders do.

Chase freedom quarter 1 2018 categor

Sorry about that but I thought the rule was af refund within 60 days... did your fee hit oct 1?

It did hit Oct 1 and I wasn't expecting a full refund but just a prorated amount. Every DP I've read, people have received a prorated refund. There are DP's from people who canceled or PC'ed when they were 10 months past their AF hitting and they received a small refund. I thought I'd receive at least half back.

It did hit Oct 1 and I wasn't expecting a full refund but just a prorated amount. Every DP I've read, people have received a prorated refund. There are DP's from people who canceled or PC'ed when they were 10 months past their AF hitting and they received a small refund. I thought I'd receive at least half back.

HUCA?

Yuck! Not good. I too would like to know if your AF hit October 1. DS's AF hit November 1 and he paid the AF planning to use the 2018 travel credit. He just made a payment towards his room a couple of days ago and we're waiting for it to post and the travel credit applied before he PC's to the no-fee Sapphire. I'm hoping I didn't steer him wrong. If they won't refund the AF, he'll probably just keep it for another year.

Yuck! Not good. I too would like to know if your AF hit October 1. DS's AF hit November 1 and he paid the AF planning to use the 2018 travel credit. He just made a payment towards his room a couple of days ago and we're waiting for it to post and the travel credit applied before he PC's to the no-fee Sapphire. I'm hoping I didn't steer him wrong. If they won't refund the AF, he'll probably just keep it for another year.

Yes, Oct 1. Your DS should be ok since he should be within 60 days.

I PC’d DH’s CSR at like 10 months and he got $75 back of the AF from last year. I would just wait and see what happens on your statement.

I did it through SM'ing...was that wrong? Can I respond back to the message and ask again?

They have already changed me to a CFU.

I think u should wait and see what happens. If every DP says that, chances are it will happen. I mean, it is chase's rule that say that but im sure they are just being nice about it and refunding... :]

Last edited:
Save yourself a trip to BestBuy if you're going to use ChasePay today. Just tried and it errored out on Best Buy's end. Tried a second computer and error. Called Chase and they said they're aware of issues with ChasePay and aren't receiving data from BestBuy. Rep said these things are usually fixed with a day. Will try again mañana.

I thought most people were told they wouldn't receive an AF refund, but then it appeared on their downgraded cards.

Looking to do March ski trip on points. Will fly SWA to Denver. Considering the Hyatt beaver CReek using UR or doubletree Breckinridge using Hilton points. Anyone stay at either? Dd2 and I won’t be skiing, so looking for some place that has shopping nearby and a pool that is indoors or heated.

I didn’t read that but didn’t read people requested either. Hope that’s the case!
My csr was opened in November and involuntarily downgraded in August. I got a $125 refund of the annual fee a few days after the PC.

Did you request a prorated refund or did Chase just issue it?
No, I wasn’t expecting anything when I changed it to the Sapphire no fee but lo and behold a $75 Credit appeared. It just stayed there until we changed his Sapphire to the Freedom. Will say, this exactly why he wanted me to change it before the AF and new travel credit hit. He didn’t want to get stuck with either of them.

I ordered a bose soundbar through Costco on google express. It has disappeared off my account, but was delivered. Weird. I assume it will show back up eventually like my Wal-Mart orders do.
Yes, that happened to me too. For awhile I thought I was getting free stuff, but the charge eventually came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter