I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a $100 airline/airport incidental fee offer on my gold AMEX which expires this year. I'm not flying out till early 2018.
Has anyone had any luck taking advantage of this offer outside of the airport?
I use primarily Southwest and United
TIA

DPs on Flyertalk, and posted by Frequent Miler state that Southwest gift cards ($100) purchased through Southwest will trigger the credit. But this needs to be the airline you selected as your preferred airline which you are only allowed to select once per year. americanexpress.com/airlinechoice

Every time I get an Amex Platinum card we select American Airline for our preferred airline. Then purchase 2 $100 gift cards on AA.com this has always triggered the travel credit for us. They don't expire so I let them pile up.

Ugh, just checked in for my flight to Orlando tomorrow and my TSA Pre-Check is not on my boarding pass despite my known traveler number being on my SW account. DH and DS both got theirs. Now to call SW and resolve since we are doing carry-ons only and I am not waiting in the regular line!

I got my CSR yesterday! That was quick. yay! Timing worked out great as I have to pick my daughter up from the airport on Tuesday and I already went ahead and made an appointment for my TSA that day. It is 1.5 hours away to airport, so otherwise I would have had to make a special trip to do it. I dropped her off yesterday and she called me an hour later to see if she left her wallet in the car. Nope, not in car, which means she lost it in the airport somewhere. Ughhhh There was no activity on the Marriott card she carries in her wallet, so that is good. Called as soon as I got home to put a hold on it hoping she would find before she got on her plane, but no such luck. All her cash, the visa, her apartment key and who knows what else is gone. :sad1: She retraced her steps and left her phone number with a couple people but nothing showed up. Luckily she has one of the wallet things on phone and that is where her ID and debit card are. Not a good way to start a trip.

Question...So we have a room booked in Vegas for an upcoming trip. I booked it with my MLife as well as attached my Hyatt reward card to it in the hopes of getting points...?

I also believe you can do this with Southwest, so here's my question...Is there a problem doing this with many rewards accounts?

I ask because I remember signing up to earn dining rewards through 2 reward accounts and the second one (it was actually SW) sent me an email that I would not be able to receive points through them basically because of signing up with 2 accounts. So are hotel stays the same..sorry if this is confusing...

Thank you again.

You're welcome. Again- to keep this simple- as you close accounts and open new ones- focus on Chase cards first if they fit into your travel plans. You want to get all the cards you can from them under their 'stricter' rules before you move on to another issuer. Pick the ones with large sign up bonuses when possible- as you can only get the bonus once. Once you reach their card limit, you will not be able to access those bonuses until you get back under their limit. After the first year of having the card- you can always downgrade to one of the cards with no annual fee if you don't want to pay it- but sometimes there are better options to downgrading, so always ask before you do that. I think the Preferred is the right choice for you to get started. The fee isn't bad, you will get a bonus for making the required spend- and it is a good introduction to Ultimate Rewards and how they work.

Chase has not clawed back 2800 points from two cancelled Kohl's orders that went through Shop Through Chase. The orders were immediately cancelled and were made three weeks ago. Was a nice surprise to see 8000 UR points sitting on my Freedom (which I transferred to my CSR).

Ugh, just checked in for my flight to Orlando tomorrow and my TSA Pre-Check is not on my boarding pass despite my known traveler number being on my SW account. DH and DS both got theirs. Now to call SW and resolve since we are doing carry-ons only and I am not waiting in the regular line!

That sucks. Hopefully they can get it resolved today, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ick! Hope this isn't your randomly selected not to have Pre-Check day! You can also DM @AskTSA on Twitter if you need them to look into it. And you can use that fake name twitter account because you give them your real info via DM.

That sucks. Hopefully they can get it resolved today, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Ick! Hope this isn't your randomly selected not to have Pre-Check day! You can also DM @AskTSA on Twitter if you need them to look into it. And you can use that fake name twitter account because you give them your real info via DM.

Thanks, I called SW and the rep was extremely helpful and resolved my issue. Somehow my DOB and Gender were not linked to my Known Traveler number so she had to delete it and re-enter it. She checked me in again and all is well with the world! Hopefully, I don't run into problems on the way home on Mon but, if so, at least I know it can be resolved before I get to the airport with a simple phone call.

Thanks, I called SW and the rep was extremely helpful and resolved my issue. Somehow my DOB and Gender were not linked to my Known Traveler number so she had to delete it and re-enter it. She checked me in again and all is well with the world! Hopefully, I don't run into problems on the way home on Mon but, if so, at least I know it can be resolved before I get to the airport with a simple phone call.

Glad you got it fixed. The one time this happened to me, I did not realize in advance - and it could not be fixed at the airport. I'm not sure if that's true generally or just in my case; I never did find out what the problem was.

I'm getting ready to finally do the ebags deal through Chase. The only cards we have that qualify are the Chase Freedom (DH's card) and I have the CSP. My CSP is set up under a business login, so I think I need to change that in order to do the offer with that card if I'm not mistaken.

My other question is on the Chase Freedom - both of my DDs are AU's on that card. It's got the same card number as our main card, so I'm assuming that they can't create a Chase pay login and do the offer as well as doing it on DH's card? I'm thinking since it's the same card number we could only use it one time, but I figured you guys would know for sure!

Thanks!

My other question is on the Chase Freedom - both of my DDs are AU's on that card. It's got the same card number as our main card, so I'm assuming that they can't create a Chase pay login and do the offer as well as doing it on DH's card? I'm thinking since it's the same card number we could only use it one time, but I figured you guys would know for sure!

Thanks!

I don't know for sure but I am an AU'er on dh's Freedom and the Freedom card does not show up for me in Chase Pay. Let me know if you find a way to do so. I'd love to use the Ebags offer again!

To anyone who will do or has done the AMEX/Google Express deal, it looks like it's taking 10 days for the $20 credit to post. I did a couple orders. One was a Bose speaker from Target (this was the only way to get any type of discount since Bose is excluded from EVERY coupon/promo) ordered the end of Nov and the other was a $50 AMEX gift card ordered on 12/5. @Lain I think you ordered a gift card not long ago as well. The original total was $60.59 because Google included taxes, but when the charge hit my account it was adjusted to the correct amount of $54.95. The $20 credit came through yesterday 12/14.

Glad you got it fixed. The one time this happened to me, I did not realize in advance - and it could not be fixed at the airport. I'm not sure if that's true generally or just in my case; I never did find out what the problem was.
Good to know. Since the last time it happened I didn’t notice either until I was in the pre-check line at MCO and we wanted to use the PP lounge but decided against it since we would have to go through check-in a 2nd time. I did bring my Global Entry card with me, just in case.

Good to know. Since the last time it happened I didn’t notice either until I was in the pre-check line at MCO and we wanted to use the PP lounge but decided against it since we would have to go through check-in a 2nd time. I did bring my Global Entry card with me, just in case.

ive always thought TSA pre even with GE and TSA pre wasnt guarantee.
i guess no Pre is better than the dreaded SSSS.

edit: just completed my MSR for SPG Biz... Was planning on going for a Marriott card to top of my 5/24(currently at 4/24) but those shut down reports does make me feel nervous as 80% of my wallet are chase cards.

Last edited:
For chase freedom Q1 catagories phone/internet/cable. I just want to verify that means you
can earn 5x by paying your bill with the card? I thought i read somewhere online it said
purchases but i want to pay bills. Thanks.

For chase freedom Q1 catagories phone/internet/cable. I just want to verify that means you
can earn 5x by paying your bill with the card? I thought i read somewhere online it said
purchases but i want to pay bills. Thanks.
Yes, you will get 5% back if you pay those bills with your CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!