I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applied and approved for the Hyatt card with 2 free nights at any Hyatt and $50.00 statement credit plus 5,000 points for authorized user. Plan to use at the Park Hyatt NYC next summer. I got the 30 day message, then checked my account a few minutes after that and saw the card pending. They gave me a $31,000 credit limit. RIDICULOUS! I'm 15/24.

Last edited:
I have an upcoming trip in Nov. 2017. I have a room only rate at Caribbean beach. Great price with per night credit for the construction.

I am currently spending on Barclay Arrival Plus. I already got the 50,000 bonus. I'm planning to use this as a credit for either the hotel or park tickets or perhaps dining plan if they all code as travel.

I wanted to get another bonus to use for other trip expenses. We have 5 people total so lots of expenses. I was thinking chase ink pref. however, Plastiq is not taking Visa for mortgage, so I really cannot reach the spend without that.

I believe I am at 3/24. I recently and stupidly opted out of pre-screened offers. after I realized my mistake, I quickly opted back in, but I really have not received much in the mail since. At Chase branch, I qualify for CSR, but they do not waive fee the first year and its a visa, so I cannot use plastiq for mortgage.

I thought of Amex (good for plastiq), but it seems that the UR are best to use for airfare and I don't know if we are flying yet. Does anyone know how else I can use Amex for disney trip expenses besides airfare?

Nobody here really talks about Cap One. thoughts?

TIA- Amy

So last night we signed up my husband for the Southwest Plus card. We have been signing up for travel bonuses for years now and almost always get approved. My husband has a great credit score and has only opened 3 cards in the last 24 months. He had the Southwest card a long time ago but it has been closed for way more than 2 years. He got pending on this one. He called and they said they didn't see any issues but that Financial services needed to look over it. Anyone have a similar scenario? And if so, what did you do to get it approved?
My husband ended up calling recon and got it approved!

and.... If Dj's AF co
You're welcome :) And you've basically got it! Yes, your card will reset on Dec 11 (or whenever your statement closes in mid-Dec). As long as you use your travel credit on your card between mid Dec and before your annual fee hits in Jan you will receive the "double dip".

Now we can get a little more complicated in deciding which card to keep... 2 scenarios play out like this to me:
Cancel DH's in Nov: you've already "locked in" the double dip on the travel credit on his card, would keep you from having to pay the annual fee this Nov
Cancel Your's in Jan: you can assure your ability to "double dip" by keeping DH's and cancelling your card in Jan before the annual fee hits as long as you will use the travel credit between mid Dec and your fee hitting in Jan. Downside- have to pay DH's annual fee in Nov. Upside- "lock-in" your ability to double dip the travel credit. If Chase changes the terms on our cards to resetting the travel credit based on our anniversary date instead of mid-Dec statement date you will have assured your ability to double dip. Whether or not Chase can do that or even logistically how they would do that idk but terms and conditions on these cards can and do change.

Personally, I would keep DHs because I'm paranoid by nature and would be worried about Chase changing the wording in the agreement, whether that is a realistic concern I have no idea. If you're not the paranoid type putting off the annual fee until after the holidays might make more sense.
My mind is blown:faint: So either one I keep, I will be paying the AF (either in Nov/Dec or Jan) so that's equal- Now with Dh's, I already got 2016,2017,and then if I keep I'll get 2018 (in Dec 2017) but it's valid for use through all of 2018 till next year,right?
......and..... then I trigger my own TC in mid Dec(hopefully by 10th) and use before the end of December (hopefully by the 19th) and then just keep his when my AF comes due in Jan-
.....soooo.... that would mean that idea technically gives me two TC for the price of one? What happens if I use the TC and then choose not to keep my card?

Trying to decide on my next card. I am looking at the Barclaycard Arrival Plus. Has anyone used their travel statement credit towards a travel agent? Have a Disney cruise booked with a friend sans the husbands and kids. It's only $800 for my part and this card would pay for $575 of that if I can apply it towards my travel agent. I've noticed some people are applying for both Southwest personal cards. Anyone having luck getting them both? And this would get you the companion pass correct?

Trying to decide on my next card. I am looking at the Barclaycard Arrival Plus. Has anyone used their travel statement credit towards a travel agent? Have a Disney cruise booked with a friend sans the husbands and kids. It's only $800 for my part and this card would pay for $575 of that if I can apply it towards my travel agent. I've noticed some people are applying for both Southwest personal cards. Anyone having luck getting them both? And this would get you the companion pass correct?
Yes, I received the bonus from the Barclaycard in April and applied it to my DCL reservation which is booked with a TA.

So if my statement just closed on CSP and I reach spend today, I won't see the bonus for a month, correct?

Also Plastiq should be ok for paying Chase mortgage with CSP?

Not sure if someone answered this yet since I'm pages behind in reading......

I think you are correct you won't see the points until the next statement closing date. But, one way I've been able to see when I've earned my bonus points is through the UR portal and where it says "points earned on next statement". As soon as I hit the $4,000 spend on my CSP my bonus points showed up there even though it wasn't 'official' yet because the statement hadn't cut yet.

Applied and approved for the Hyatt card with 2 free nights at any Hyatt and $50.00 statement credit plus 5,000 points for authorized user. Plan to use at the Park Hyatt NYC next summer. I got the 30 day message, then checked my account a few minutes after that and saw the card pending. They gave me a $31,000 credit limit. RIDICULOUS! I'm 15/24.
Haha, we went through the same exact thing recently. DH and I both got $28K. I was like, "Well, in case we ever find ourselves in a situation where we need to spend $56K at a Hyatt, we're set!" :rotfl2:

and.... If Dj's AF co

My mind is blown:faint: So either one I keep, I will be paying the AF (either in Nov/Dec or Jan) so that's equal- Now with Dh's, I already got 2016,2017,and then if I keep I'll get 2018 (in Dec 2017) but it's valid for use through all of 2018 till next year,right?
......and..... then I trigger my own TC in mid Dec(hopefully by 10th) and use before the end of December (hopefully by the 19th) and then just keep his when my AF comes due in Jan-
.....soooo.... that would mean that idea technically gives me two TC for the price of one? What happens if I use the TC and then choose not to keep my card?
You would have from mid-Dec 2017 through mid-Dec 2018 to use the 2018 credit on either of your cards. So far no one has had used TC money clawed back on account closing. In fact, I saw a couple instances in the previously posted link from Reddit where people used the TC in 2016, again in 2017, downgraded to Freedom after having the card for 8 months and then got a partial refund on their annual fee (even though bank reps said they wouldn't)! It's kinda crazy! Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong here as long you don't cancel your card before using the 2018 travel credit :)

I think you are correct you won't see the points until the next statement closing date. But, one way I've been able to see when I've earned my bonus points is through the UR portal and where it says "points earned on next statement". As soon as I hit the $4,000 spend on my CSP my bonus points showed up there even though it wasn't 'official' yet because the statement hadn't cut yet.
Yeah I'm just dying to get those points. Lol. Couldn't remember from before.
On the plus side I used Plastiq to pay my mortgage to finish spend for CSP and it posted without problems. Only 1x points but still...

Haha, we went through the same exact thing recently. DH and I both got $28K. I was like, "Well, in case we ever find ourselves in a situation where we need to spend $56K at a Hyatt, we're set!" :rotfl2:
For people that can't say no to temptation, it would be awful to be extended that much credit. For me, I'm kinda horrified it would be that much. OTOH, when I first applied for CSP (about 11/2 yrs ago) I got a 4K limit. Had to pay for kitchen cabinets & use 2 different cards. Not sure why it was so low, they did eventually increase it and now Chase has given me huge lines on other cards.

I am working on a $4,000 spend on my husband's CSR card. I have looked through the statements and was wondering if there was an easy way to know when we have met the spend. Can we be confident when site states "points earned on next statement" are we done? I guess what I mean is, how does the annual fee get factored in? Also, some of the purchases get triple points.

Last edited:
I am working on a $4,000 spend on my husband's CSR card. I have looked through the statements and was wondering if there was an easy way to know when we have met the spend. Can we be confident when site states "points earned on next statement" are we done? I guess what I mean is, how does the annual fee get factored in?

There is no simple way to see how much you have purchased and etc. Best to do it with a spreadsheet. Once you passed the threshold, you will tell because the points will be pending in your UR portal.
Annual fee will factor in within the first month. You will see it pretty quickly. Do remember though, dont factor in the $450 fee in your minimum spendings.

I have five Chase cards: Marriott from 2008, Disney from 2012, Southwest from 2014, CSR from three months ago, and United from a month ago. I am at 4/24 (SPG Amex, and was stupid and am an AU on a DW card). I have the companion pass through 2018, so my plan was to cancel the Southwest card and get CSP in its place. However, I just recently received a targeted offer for the Marriott business card, 80k bonus. A few questions if anyone can help me:

1) I think I've read that they will check the 5/24 status upon application for a business card, but then afterwards it doesn't count towards 5/24. I'm hoping for this so that I could still go do the CSP.
2) Since it's a targeted offer, is it safe to assume that I would be approved? I don't have any official business, but I do some stuff on the side that could technically be called a business.
3) If I do get approved, does the card have to be used for business spend? Not sure I could get to the $3k if that's the case.

I'm new to the business side of this credit card game. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Well I went for the Chase Ink business preferred card and got the 30 day message. :guilty: Does this mean I need to call?

ETA: we do have a legit poultry farming business, so it shouldve checked out as far as that goes.

I am working on a $4,000 spend on my husband's CSR card. I have looked through the statements and was wondering if there was an easy way to know when we have met the spend. Can we be confident when site states "points earned on next statement" are we done? I guess what I mean is, how does the annual fee get factored in? Also, some of the purchases get triple points.
The Points Guy has an app that will track it. You do have to log in thru your bank but it will track spending, bonus (how close you are & how many days left) & which card you should use at each merchant.

Well I went for the Chase Ink business preferred card and got the 30 day message. :guilty: Does this mean I need to call?

ETA: we do have a legit poultry farming business, so it shouldve checked out as far as that goes.

I've seen very few DPs where the CIP application gives you an automatic approval. Most seem to result in a 30 day message, which is not bad news. A 7-10 days message means likely denial. With a 30 day message, Chase likely needs time to review your application along with so many others. The conventional wisdom is if you have a "business" that's a little more informal, don't call to speak with a human; just keep calling the automated application status line to see whether you've been approved or your status has changed to 7-10 days (likely denial). If you have a legit Business, you can opt to wait and stalk the automated status line, or you can immediately call into the reconsideration line to speak with a human who will probably ask questions about your business, years in business, expenses and income, purpose for the card, etc. If you feel comfortable answering questions about your business, go ahead and call and a human could probably approve you much sooner and even expedite your new card. Good luck!

ETA: I applied for the CIP on a Saturday, got the 30 days message, and found out I was approved from the automated status line the next Tuesday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter