I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I have experience, it's garbage.

Er... that's all I got. It seems to be working ok for me, so I'd probably just wait a little bit and try again.
Ok maybe it's my mistake...I had thought they updated the anniversary night to NOT cap at 40k points if it was awarded before May 2018...did I get this backwards?

im not sure if anyone replied back to u but...

Thank you. No offer there for DH. When I clicked on it and signed it it was the regular 40,000 offer. I am not in a huge rush; he just got the CSP so I will keep hoping we can get more when he is ready to apply.

I did not check if I am targeted, because I am 5/24 until mid-September.

I just called. I was told if you upgrade you will receive a credit for the unused portion of the current annual fee, and billed separately for the $149. Considering I just paid my fee, I might do this.
does upgrading net you bonus points? why are people doing this?

So I never quite understand when people say this. I mean, I know DCL is more expensive than other lines but comparing cruises within DCL, Alaska doesn’t seem much different. For instance, in the same week May 2019,there is a 7 day W Caribbean and Alaska. For inside and OV, Alaska is actually cheaper by $200 and $800 respectively. Now once you get to Verandah, Alaska is $1600 more. I know I’m not comparing exact rooms but seems Alaska is not across the board more expensive. Though totally agree, DCL is more expensive in general.
maybe other lines? we did an AK cruise last spring and the total for 4 people was about $1600 Holland America (and that was before I used cc credits to lower it drastically) for 7 nights! I wish I could go again now!

I will be at 4/24 in Oct when my CSR drops off. My AF posts in Nov and my travel credit posted Dec 29th last year (i can use it right away on my timeshare maintenance fees and get 3x points). My thought was that I could pay the AF, use the travel credit, and then PC to CF to get some of the AF refunded. The plan then would be to wait a little while to do the sapphire double dip if that is still an option. I'm planning to cancel my southwest cards next time after the annual points are deposited. Then late 2019 I was hoping to apply for the SW personal and business cards and work towards my next CP. I have to say the new SW offer is a little disappointing. I need to make some kind of a long term plan and I am VERY open to thoughts and suggestions. I just completed MSR on DH SW business card that he may not even know he has. I am finding myself without a MSR. I'm fine with that today but ??? next week.

My cards: CSR 10/2016 (100,000 points and my first travel card)
Southwest Plus 4/2017
Southwest Premier 5/2017
Marriott 12/2017
Hyatt 10/2017

CIP / Marriott Business/ SPG business

Spg business isn't much of a card right now. (or are you saying you have these last three cards?)

I think the diff is the week you are doing Alaska is shoulder season so the Alaska rate isn't so high, but is the start of summer, so carib rates are starting to creep up...thus the cost is similar for the 2 sailings.

Looking at the fairly significant difference for the aug sailing Havanese pointed out...that is higher season for Alaska therefore a higher rate, whereas it is starting to be lower season for carib (hurricanes and lots of schools have started by by then) thus there is a bigger price diff between the 2 sailings for that date.
But even mid-June which is high season for both there's a huge difference. 6/15 Eastern (Fantasy) in a 7A had opening day pricing of $2,900/person. 6/17 Alaskan (Wonder) had opening day pricing of $4,250/person. I don't see any examples from June - August where Alaska isn't significantly more than the Caribbean.

I thought you could only apply for 2 Chase cards in 30 days. Are you going to do the business first then wait 30 days and double dip the other 2?

I was thinking of doing the three personal cards. 2/30 is the rule, but apparently it’s YMMV. I used to see lots of DPs on Reddit of getting that third Chase card in a day, but I haven’t seen much of it lately. I think everyone is scared for a shutdown. Most people did it when they were 4/24 and wanted that 6th, and 7th Chase card. I think I’m going to try in a few months with the CSP/CSR/Freedom.

Ok maybe it's my mistake...I had thought they updated the anniversary night to NOT cap at 40k points if it was awarded before May 2018...did I get this backwards?
I thought I read elsewhere that my night was still uncapped since it was awarded in MArch....(?) true or false? maybe thats why the site won't work for me....

Yes, only on the old Premier card. If you upgraded to the Premier Plus, you will get the capped 40k free night.

Just did an app for the Citibusiness AA Plat Select Card. Got this message...
We have received your application and further processing is required. We will contact you in approximately 7-10 days regarding our decision. If approved, be sure to visit citicards.com to register and manage your account online. Thank you for requesting a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®.

Anyone know what this means? Do they have a "code" like Chase where 30 msg is good but 7-10 is bad?

My last app was SPG Biz at the beginning of March.

Yes, only on the old Premier card. If you upgraded to the Premier Plus, you will get the capped 40k free night.

Correct, but the IHG cards are named Select and Premier. (i'd like to complain about too many cards, but that would kind of limit the game then...)

@hsmamato2 did you check if the cert was reissued as a 40k cap? if you upgraded to premier already not sure how easy it would be to get an unrestricted back, but if still select that should be easy to argue as a mistake, if that's what happened.

We’re a family of five (kids 10,9 and 7) so on SW, I would want early bird boarding to be sure to get seats together.
Since the new SW card comes with 4 upgraded boarding passes, is it safe to assume I could use those upgrades on others, not just the cardholder? And then just pay for one?

We’re a family of five (kids 10,9 and 7) so on SW, I would want early bird boarding to be sure to get seats together.
Since the new SW card comes with 4 upgraded boarding passes, is it safe to assume I could use those upgrades on others, not just the cardholder? And then just pay for one?
The potential problem with this scenario is that the upgraded positions are only available at the time of check in at the ticket counter or gate. First come first served. If you are concerned, buy a couple of early birds and save seats (no flames please). With everyone else, check in at exactly 24 hours.

I didn’t see anything in the terms restricting the upgraded boarding to the cardholder. It would seem like a useless benefit if only the cardholder could board.

Also, you don’t get early bird check in with the card. On the day of your flight you go to the front desk agent and pay for the upgraded A1-15 boarding position. That then gets reimbursed. This is better than early bird check in because early bird doesn’t start until the A15 position.

The potential problem with this scenario is that the upgraded positions are only available at the time of check in at the ticket counter or gate. First come first served. If you are concerned, buy a couple of early birds and save seats (no flames please). With everyone else, check in at exactly 24 hours.

When do you get family boarding with Southwest? Under 6 or 7? I forgot the exact age but if you get family boarding you will be able to sit together. I also have no problem saving seats no one wants to sit next to you anyway and everyone looks for an open row. You’d probably be fine going to the back and holding seats back there.

Also, if you check in right at 24 hours you will be fine too. I paid for the early bird check in once when it was my SO’s first time flying. He was extremely nervous lol. It isn’t necessary tho. We have sat together on every flight except for the one where I decided I was leaving for Orlando four hours before flight time.

Also, no one buys those A1-15 boarding positions so there should be some available. Every time I fly now they are trying to sell them.

Just did an app for the Citibusiness AA Plat Select Card. Got this message...
We have received your application and further processing is required. We will contact you in approximately 7-10 days regarding our decision. If approved, be sure to visit citicards.com to register and manage your account online. Thank you for requesting a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®.

Anyone know what this means? Do they have a "code" like Chase where 30 msg is good but 7-10 is bad?

So, I'll be my own DP. I guess that message wasn't indicative of anything horrible. Got an approval email just now!

does upgrading net you bonus points? why are people doing this?

I received an email with an offer of $5,000 RR to upgrade. I'm 5/24 for awhile and have two other Southwest cards I am canceling so I feel like this is a good option for me. Although I can see @Psychodisney 's concern about it resetting the bonus date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter