I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked my rental car through Costco Travel around the end of June and it never prompted me to enter my CC info. I made multiple ressies across multiple days (had not finalized plans yet) for this reason since no payment of any kind was required to make a ressie; just cancelled them as we began to finalize plans. Granted, ours was through Enterprise and not Avis, but one of the ressies was through Avis as well and no payment required at the time of booking. When we got to Enterprise, I simply gave them my name and reservation number from Costco and then handed over my CSR. Nothing more, nothing less. I signed up for Enterprise's loyalty program just to have one since the rental would count for something I figured. But as @calypso726 said, decline any insurance through the rental agency. Using the CSR will suffice.
Thanks!

Just catching up after a short road trip. Somebody asked about IHG. I have used their website a fair amount. Usually the website works fine, but I've always had trouble with the app. It's been awhile since I tried the app though. Was hoping they'd fix it up since it would be so handy on road trips when you're not sure where you want to stop until you're almost there!

So maybe opening prices are similar, but Alaska increase exponentially? Or Caribbean cruises decrease? Although I thought DCL never went down. Lol. I’m not sure. I’ve never cruised before but when it try to compare cruises on the week we are going, the 7 day are similar. I must be missing something.
I guess I’m not comparing the exact same rooms i.e. 11a vs 11b

I think the diff is the week you are doing Alaska is shoulder season so the Alaska rate isn't so high, but is the start of summer, so carib rates are starting to creep up...thus the cost is similar for the 2 sailings.

Looking at the fairly significant difference for the aug sailing Havanese pointed out...that is higher season for Alaska therefore a higher rate, whereas it is starting to be lower season for carib (hurricanes and lots of schools have started by by then) thus there is a bigger price diff between the 2 sailings for that date.

Something told me that I should bring DH’s CIC to my horse show with me, but I didn’t. As I feared, they don’t take Amex for my show so I’ll have to put the show bill on a non-MSR card :sad: The struggle is real.

Also, still haven’t heard from Citi on my AA Biz app. Though I see I got two more mailers from them in the mail today :sad2:

I used the Lowes offer on my Delta Amex Biz to get a piece of wood and some hooks to make the below. Just need to hang it and my medals on it :artist: (it's carved and stained but close enough and it's a cute smiley)

MEqxA42m.jpg

I think it started around May last year and ended in late October. I applied in March but was able to have them match the 60,000 offer. I think it had to be within 60 days so it must have started early May/ late April. I really don't think we will see 60,000 again, sadly.
i thought they had a break in between. Like it ended sometime in July and then they brought it back towards the end of Aug. I applied for mine on 9/4/17.

i thought they had a break in between. Like it ended sometime in July and then they brought it back towards the end of Aug. I applied for mine on 9/4/17.

I feel like it did not run May-Oct so maybe there was a break. There was a very active thread here (think you were on it!). Maybe we could see from the chatter on that thread when it was going. Regardless, I am not expecting we will see the 60k on the personal cards again this year :(

I will be at 4/24 in Oct when my CSR drops off. My AF posts in Nov and my travel credit posted Dec 29th last year (i can use it right away on my timeshare maintenance fees and get 3x points). My thought was that I could pay the AF, use the travel credit, and then PC to CF to get some of the AF refunded. The plan then would be to wait a little while to do the sapphire double dip if that is still an option. I'm planning to cancel my southwest cards next time after the annual points are deposited. Then late 2019 I was hoping to apply for the SW personal and business cards and work towards my next CP. I have to say the new SW offer is a little disappointing. I need to make some kind of a long term plan and I am VERY open to thoughts and suggestions. I just completed MSR on DH SW business card that he may not even know he has. I am finding myself without a MSR. I'm fine with that today but ??? next week.

My cards: CSR 10/2016 (100,000 points and my first travel card)
Southwest Plus 4/2017
Southwest Premier 5/2017
Marriott 12/2017
Hyatt 10/2017

CIP / Marriott Business/ SPG business

I am disappointed in the SW card too. I don't really get the appeal at this point. I guess I was hoping that the introductory offer would be much better but this feels rather 'meh'.

I got my CSR in 9/16 and my CSP in 1/17 so I'll be ready to DD the Sapphires in 4/19 (24 mos past CSP bonus). That feels forever away though!

It looks like you have not delved much into Amex biz cards. Maybe that should be your next step? What is your DH's */24? Does he have a CIP?

I spoke too soon. They just called and said they lowered them both (to less than half of the first card). Not a problem, honestly (although this means they will get less of our business in the long run, but we like the MRs anyway). Based on what they left us with, I think it's more that they are trying to penalize us for getting both than their worry about extending us too much credit. So I'm updating my DP.
If they wanted to penalize you they’d cancel your card/s. This is just a new fraud algo of their own creation freaking them out. And it’s brutal in it’s CL cuts to everyone who encounters it.

My 'business' is thriving. I listed 11 items on ebay last night and today and one sold. Can someone remind me how I get 3x on the shipping using my CIP (can I use CIC for better)? I am assuming that is the best deal on shipping.

What have we come to? There’s a 10% eBay Bucks promo going on and we’re not buying anymore, we’re selling! Meanwhile, eBay laid off 300 people yesterday. Clearly they’ve made some poor decisions.

Anyway, two things.

First, make sure you’ve added your CIP to your eBay account so that monthly invoices for seller’s fees are charged to your CIP, not PayPal or some other card that’s not as rewarding. The CIP earns you 3x on eBay seller’s fees, which takes some of the hurt out of the 10% that eBay takes from your sales.

Second, the CIP can earn you 3x on eBay shipping through PayPal (but the CIC will not earn you 5x).

eBay shipping is routed through PayPal, so you need to set up eBay Inc Shipping in PayPal to deduct from your CIP. In your PayPal account, go to settings (the widget icon), click on Payments, find Pre-approved payments, click Manage pre-approved payments, make sure eBay Inc Shipping is tied to your CIP and not your bank account or any other accounts, because it’ll be set to automatically deduct from whatever payment method is selected. If eBay Inc Shipping is connected to some other account, delete it and set it up again to deduct from the CIP.

And because PayPal tends to deduct from any PayPal balance first, you should transfer out the full balance of your PayPal account to your bank before creating a shipping label on eBay if you want to pay with your CIP, or else eBay will deduct the shipping cost from your PayPal balance.

Hope this helps. It took me a long while to figure it out on my end. The email Receipt for Your Payment to eBay Inc Shipping should show a charge to your CIP last 4-digit number under Funding Sources Used.

My SunTrust Business checking bonus posted yesterday. A nice and easy bonus that just required patience.

• 6/8/18 - Account Opened
  • 6/12/18 - Initial $100 deposit
  • 6/21/18 - $1,501 ACH posted
  • 6/26/18 - ACH pull withdrawing $1,600 (leaving $1 in account)
  • 7/19/18 - $200 bonus posted
Account must stay open for 180 days, much like the personal checking. The bonus only requires a $1,500 deposit. The account has fees, but they are expressly waived for the first 12 months per the fine print. No issues there. I plan to withdraw the bonus and leave $1 until I can close it in a few months.

Highly recommend both the $500 personal and $200 biz SunTrust to anyone who has access to it.

I love how quickly Amex signup bonuses post. Finished my Hilton Biz MSR on Monday (or Tuesday), and the bonus points are in my HH account already. (They could’ve been there yesterday, but I didn’t get a chance to check.) Still slogging away on DW’s Hilton Biz...

Nothing like waiting until the last minute but finally purchased our DL tickets for our visit beginning this Sunday from LMTClub. Can someone tell me how they will work? Are they electronic? Will I need to print something out? Will DH and my SIL be able to add them to their phones? Trying to figure it out since I haven't received anything from LMTClub yet.

Did you cancel online or by calling? I have never cancelled one as I'm usually using it just before it expires as it comes August 1st and I always use it in July.
online...then I called in and they fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!