"I LIVE Here! I Know What I'm Doing!" A Family Reunion for a Very Disney Christmas (COMPLETE)

The Haunted Mansion is my FAVORITE ride and it just was a must to drag my family on it with me and we happened to be so close.

SUCH a good ride! If it weren't for my love of Splash, this would definitely be vying for my top ride spot. Glad you all enjoyed the queue so much!

My family wasn't super duper keen on the ride, but I think they were surprised by how much they enjoyed it, even if they kinda get disappointed with the fact that the Mansion really isn't scary in the slightest. Part of it might've been that I pointed out some neat Disney trivia.

I remember this first time I went on HM we were really pleasantly surprised with how great it is. My mom and I had never done it until I was in high school and we couldn't believe we hadn't. Great ride.

34533150714_b1a0f261e1_c.jpg

Your family takes the most fabulous character photos. This is what we all strive for.

I think we needed a bit more refreshment and I knew just the thing to get. God's nectar. My favorite little drink in the entire kingdom, the entire WORLD to be perfectly honest.

THE LE FOU'S BREW!

I want to love this. I really do. I don't know why I don't, really. But I love the theming in Gaston's Tavern!!

I have never had a Le Fou's Brew... I WILL make it a point to try one this trip!

Yes, do it! They are so refreshing and delish.

:rotfl: ❤️ :rotfl:
I just love reading about your family adventures.
What a good son/brother you are! :tink:

Lol, I'm glad! I try my best. :goodvibes

Sounds like a good afternoon! Love the pics with Peter! That is so awesome that Gaston's chair was empty and you were able to take so many pictures!

It was! Thank you. And yeah, it truly shocked me that no one kicked us out. Guess there weren't as many Gaston fans on Christmas day as there normally are. :confused3

SUCH a good ride! If it weren't for my love of Splash, this would definitely be vying for my top ride spot. Glad you all enjoyed the queue so much!

I LOVE Splash too, but Mansion just has had my heart forever. It's literally the home within my home. Right down to even knowing some maids and butlers.

I remember this first time I went on HM we were really pleasantly surprised with how great it is. My mom and I had never done it until I was in high school and we couldn't believe we hadn't. Great ride.

I was very happy they enjoyed it. When I went with friends in high school, they were so meh about it, but my family really appreciated it. There's just nothing like it for sure.

Your family takes the most fabulous character photos. This is what we all strive for.

Thank you! We always strive for quality content.

anigif_enhanced-14041-1406809483-30.gif

I want to love this. I really do. I don't know why I don't, really. But I love the theming in Gaston's Tavern!!

I know a lot who don't like it (Alyssa included). It's a very acquired taste. But if you have it, it's the most refreshing perfect thing. And yes, Gaston's Tavern is too too beautiful.

Ugh, the PERFECT afternoon.

So happy you guys had fun in the queue! HM is one of the only queues I don't mind waiting more than 20 minutes in.

I know who was hanging out with Peter when you met him lmao check your phone

I cried when you told me you lost your bracelet at MCO. Also we're twinning because I had the $40 custom Tink case.

LEFOU'S BREW! I miss it :sad: And your chair pics are SLAYING.

Next update, pls. Give us the T-Land Tea!

Ugh, the PERFECT afternoon.

So happy you guys had fun in the queue! HM is one of the only queues I don't mind waiting more than 20 minutes in.

'Tis!

Same and I struggle with getting FP now because of that queue. Same with PPF.

I know who was hanging out with Peter when you met him lmao check your phone

Lol when I actually found out who it was later long before you texted me :upsidedow

I cried when you told me you lost your bracelet at MCO. Also we're twinning because I had the $40 custom Tink case.

It took me some time to get over that. Thank god I have the Tink Alex & Ani so yeah, TWINSIES (even though we've always been that way)

LEFOU'S BREW! I miss it :sad: And your chair pics are SLAYING.

SAME. :sad1: And thank you :) #twitterprofilepicrealness

Next update, pls. Give us the T-Land Tea!

:surfweb:

Patience, Iago.

Sounds like an amazing MK afternoon! Super jealous of your M&G with Peter--it's been years since I've done that!

I also brought my family to this ride because it too had also changed since 2010. The new interactive queue area of the attraction was not added until late 2011, after my second trip to the World.

Even though I went to WDW many times before the new queue, I really don't remember the old one. :laughing:

(Yes I do have a Peter phone case, custom, cost $40, no joke)).

No judgment here. I have a Mickey Mouse case AND a Cinderella's Castle case. I mean, what self-respecting Disney fanatic doesn't have at least one Disney phone case? :confused3

I said I would, but that I still had my "Never Grow Up" bracelet (which I lost in MCO on the day I left Orlando), which I showed to him.

Oh no!! :sad1::sad1:

After getting them, we scouted around looking for a seat and lo-and-behold, GASTON'S CHAIR WAS EMPTY! The whole room was full of people but NO ONE in his chair.

WHHATT?? That is unheard of!:scared1:

Sounds like an amazing MK afternoon! Super jealous of your M&G with Peter--it's been years since I've done that!

It was! Omg, LOVE meeting Peter. 20/10 very highly recommend, do it everyday, it will make your life.

Even though I went to WDW many times before the new queue, I really don't remember the old one. :laughing:

Lol neither do I actually. I'm pretty sure it was just empty space with more awning because the cemetery has always been the same.

No judgment here. I have a Mickey Mouse case AND a Cinderella's Castle case. I mean, what self-respecting Disney fanatic doesn't have at least one Disney phone case? :confused3

So true. I have my Peter Pan one, a Haunted Mansion one, a ToT one & a BatB one. I'll probably acquire more once I get a new phone (I still have a ton from my old one)

I was so upset. I ended up buying a new Tinkerbell Alex & Ani to replace it tho. :thumbsup2

WHHATT?? That is unheard of!:scared1:

IKR!! It was truly a blessed day.

A Very Mike Wazowski Holiday Part I
December 25th, 2016
**Christmas Day**

We left off heading back to my lovely MK home of Tomorrowland. My mom and my sisters were mostly looking to ride Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin so we headed there first. Unfortunately, Tomorrowland fared no better than Fantasyland and everywhere lines were at their most ridiculous, even Stitch's Great Escape, which is frankly the bane of my existence. Like DISNEY, WHEN ARE YOU EVER ACTUALLY GOING TO CLOSE THAT MESSY, GROSS EXCUSE OF AN ATTRACTION?! Literally, the only thing that was good for were after hours Custodial meetings (we called them TrackTalks). #BringBackAlienEncounter.

Anyways, after wandering for awhile, me crying at the extended Astro Orbiter and PeopleMover extended queues, we started heading back towards the TLand bridge. I was prepared to head to a new land, but the Fam insisted on going on a ride. Laugh Floor did still have the shortest wait, even if the queue was being extended, and my family had never done it before so we hopped right in line for that. This wait ended up being probably the longest and most excruciating. The line barely moved because yeah, shows, they only happen every so often and the extended queue does not take kindly to large crowds.

The show itself, they enjoyed it. I think Alyssa got shown on the big screen for something in the pre-show, but I can't remember exactly what it was. It might've been the Churros girl, which was pretty funny since Siobhan had been asking for Churros all day so she was all about that. Again, don't quote me about it. After that, it was a pretty fun show. Everyone seemed into it, which isn't always the case for Laugh Floor. Our lack of sleep was starting to hit us right about now so we weren't as invested, but it picked us up a little bit.

After the show got out, I checked MDE and saw that A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas was happening soon. Although the show frankly kind of annoys me (ALL T ALL SHADE: Mickey's Most Merriest is the best Christmas show in MK. Don't @ me), I had to try to get in as many of the Daily Ops special shows for my family and ATTC was one (no that's not an actual acronym for it, but I'm lazy). The show normally doesn't draw too much of a crowd, but you can never be too sure and we were looking for a place to sit down and rest at for a bit so that seemed like the perfect choice (I was NOT about to drag them into the madness that was Cosmic Ray's (it's the busiest restaurant in the World, no joke. They taught us this during Magic Kingdom orientation.)) We got right up close to the stage and planted ourselves there.

Alyssa was feeling hungry again so her and my mom went off to get some pretzels as well as waters for Siobhan and I. I handed them another free pretzel coupon to use (Yay, more CM perks!). When they got back, the sing-a-long pre-show had started and the Character Attendants started trying to get people more involved with some cute word spelling. Siobhan volunteered:

A quick vid on what she had to do (click on the photo)...

The Attendants tried. They really tried.

But this ended soon enough and it was time for...

A TOTALLY TOMORROWLAND CHRISTMAS!!

"You can't spell Christmas without an EYE."

*Zurg voice* "Jingle BELLS. Jingle BELLS."

The Zurg dancers are the best part of the entire show. Truth.

Continued Here

A Very Mike Wazowski Holiday Part II
December 25th, 2016
**Christmas Day**

Also the Buzz girls outfits are super cute. I LIVE for them.

Facial en-pointe.

This is some high key spooky dancing.

SANTA STITCH OMG

Although I worked in Tomorrowland and saw this in spurts, I never had seen it all the way through. I do think it works better at night with the pyrotechnics and such, but I'm still not a big fan. I love seeing Santa Stitch and the Zurg choreography is perfection, but it's not for me. The Fam thought it was pretty good at the time, but they haven't really talked about it since. If you ever go to MVMCP or are there during Daily Ops (Christmas week), this is a show you can afford to skip. HOWEVER, the acappella group that performs in between shows is pretty good, highly recommend them.

Once the show ended, it was starting to get close to my time to go head off-stage and get ready for work. We probably had time for one more thing. Tomorrowland was too crazy so we started to head out. On the way out, I saw one of my co-workers, Aaron drawing a Water Mickey.

I think he drew a Donald after this when I got his attention and said hi. He talked with us for a bit and even wished Alyssa a 'happy birthday'. He wanted to give her a FastPass but unfortunately didn't have on him. Instead, he got her a free Mickey bar. Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, Alyssa is lactose intolerant so I got her free treat. Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to me hehe

On our way out of Tomorrowland, we also ran into another one of my co-workers, Sage. Sage was on restricted duty for most of my program so I had only recently gotten to know her,
but we had become fast friends, bonding over a very devoted love of Disney and meeting characters. She didn't talk with us for long because we were ready to do one last thing before I had to go in for my evening of making magic. I said goodbye for now and went on a search for one last quick thing to do with the Fam.

Last edited:
Joining!!!!

Ahhh so many amazing things in your TR. #tianaandneveen4ever #louisistheBEST :lovestruc
I can't wait to read more. I'm hoping to use your report as a base for my Magic Kingdom Christmas Day game plan!

Also- HAMILTON is life xx

Gurl how did you do SO MANY THINGS with your fam on Christmas Day? LMK. You slayed the game this year despite the crowds and that in itself makes this the TR of the year.

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is honestly timeless and I'm so glad you got to do it with your fam.

THE PICTURES OF TOTALLY T-LAND CHRISTMAS SLAY MY LIFE OMFL

This Christmas, you were the host who slayed us all with that white coat and those black ankle booties and I was the confused little girl holding the "Fa" sign.

I can't cope with how productive you guys were ON CHRISTMAS DAY. I always imagine going on Christmas and getting abso nothing done because of crowds, but this fills me with some hope that it's not SO bad.

Also

A TOTALLY TOMORROWLAND CHRISTMAS!!

Didn't know this was a thing! And...

I need that Buzz coat and the boots for my everyday winter wardrobe!!! :sad: :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

What was training like for becoming water artists?! I hope making these was enjoyable for you, as I really enjoy it. It's the little things that make the Disney difference! The water characters always put a smile on my face :goodvibes

Instead, he got her a free Mickey bar. Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, Alyssa is lactose intolerant so I got her free treat.

As much as you should feel sympathy for your sister..... this is pretty great :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Joining!!!!

:welcome:

Ahhh so many amazing things in your TR. #tianaandneveen4ever #louisistheBEST :lovestruc
I can't wait to read more. I'm hoping to use your report as a base for my Magic Kingdom Christmas Day game plan!

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Love me all the Princess and the Frog! I hope that our experience is as helpful as it can be on a day as unpredictable as Christmas in MK.

Also- HAMILTON is life xx

Oh YAS.

tenor.gif

Gurl how did you do SO MANY THINGS with your fam on Christmas Day? LMK. You slayed the game this year despite the crowds and that in itself makes this the TR of the year.

I don't know, I'm just a bomb planner or something.

giphy.gif

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is honestly timeless and I'm so glad you got to do it with your fam.

'Tis! (Minus when I had to go in and clean Code Vs off the carpet :crazy2:)

THE PICTURES OF TOTALLY T-LAND CHRISTMAS SLAY MY LIFE OMFL

What can I say, I truly slayed Christmas.

tenor.gif

This Christmas, you were the host who slayed us all with that white coat and those black ankle booties and I was the confused little girl holding the "Fa" sign.

YAS I WOULD SERVE THAT HALEY COMET REALNESS

(Also dying because I watched the vid again and I didn't realize how all over the place that girl is. Icon.)

I can't cope with how productive you guys were ON CHRISTMAS DAY. I always imagine going on Christmas and getting abso nothing done because of crowds, but this fills me with some hope that it's not SO bad.

Well, it was pretty tame this year compared to past years from what I've heard from some CM vets, but in all honesty you just have to be willing to get up early and get all the big things you want to get done first then just scavenge well from there (also ensure you have some FP reservations set).

Also

Didn't know this was a thing! And...

I need that Buzz coat and the boots for my everyday winter wardrobe!!! :sad: :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Yup, it usually only happens during MVMCP, but during the week of Christmas, they have daily ops and all those shows are performed during normal hours.

And they are such cute outfits, aren't they?!?! Like let's bring back leg warmers please

What was training like for becoming water artists?! I hope making these was enjoyable for you, as I really enjoy it. It's the little things that make the Disney difference! The water characters always put a smile on my face :goodvibes

Water art is THE BEST part about Custodial. I signed up for it as soon as I could (it's an elective class you take) and it made the later half of my program so much easier. I still draw some Mickeys and Donalds in the sand at the beach I work at. I honestly loved being able to do this kind of magic, more-so than the more common magical moments.

As much as you should feel sympathy for your sister..... this is pretty great :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

The perks of being the only one in the family who doesn't have dietary restrictions :cutie:

Seriously impressed with how productive you were on Christmas Day! I'm surprised there was enough room to walk around, let alone get to all the attractions that y'all did.

It was! Omg, LOVE meeting Peter. 20/10 very highly recommend, do it everyday, it will make your life.

Definitely on the to-do list for my next trip!

Unfortunately, Tomorrowland fared no better than Fantasyland and everywhere lines were at their most ridiculous, even Stitch's Great Escape, which is frankly the bane of my existence. Like DISNEY, WHEN ARE YOU EVER ACTUALLY GOING TO CLOSE THAT MESSY, GROSS EXCUSE OF AN ATTRACTION?!

RIGHT?!?!?! I've only done it once, and that is 20 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Am I the only one who thinks these outfits look like they're out of a pre-2010 Disney Channel show?? :upsidedow:upsidedow

Facial en-pointe.

The dancer that I am very much appreciated this comment.:thumbsup2

Seriously impressed with how productive you were on Christmas Day! I'm surprised there was enough room to walk around, let alone get to all the attractions that y'all did.

Well, thank you! I think just getting into those busier areas first off in the morning let us just wander in the less busy areas later on in the day was the right strategy. I was very happy with how our day went.

Definitely on the to-do list for my next trip!

yass.gif

RIGHT?!?!?! I've only done it once, and that is 20 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Disney is just milking that attraction for every ounce of awfulness it will always have in it. :mad:

Am I the only one who thinks these outfits look like they're out of a pre-2010 Disney Channel show?? :upsidedow:upsidedow

Omg THE ACCURACY ACTUALLY

The dancer that I am very much appreciated this comment.:thumbsup2

YAAAASSS I'M SO HAPPY SOMEONE CAUGHT THAT. Bless you.

Seriously! It's just awful!

Nicki-Minaj-Wig-Lawsuit.jpg

Say it louder for all the Disney execs

Yaaas. Can't be a good Disney dancer without giving good face!

Truth.

I love the water drawings! I'm always uber impressed by this!

Best part of being a Custodian, by far. I LOVED making them.

I have never bothered to see A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas haha but you got some great photos of it!!

Thank you! It's really not anything to go out of your way for. Mickey's Most Merriest is MILES better imo

This update is rather short and text-heavy so I thought I'd give it to you sooner rather than later alongside the previous ATTC update. I also have some quick real life updates to add in.

First off, we got our new puppy two days ago!

Her name is Schuyler (named after the original feminists of American history a la Hamilton) and she is an 8 week old Keeshond. She's the sweetest, quietest, most playful little thing and my whole family's already in love with her. I still miss my old baby Tessie, who you might remember if you've read my past TRs, but having a new furball in the house kinda helps heal the wound a bit (although she keeps me up all night when I'm working more and more mornings urrggghh).

Also, THE D23 EXPO HAPPENED RECENTLY!

giphy.gif

If you aren't a real Disney fan and just being a poser on my TR and thus DON'T KNOW what the D23 Expo is (I'm kidding about that first part... maybe), it is essentially a comic-con for Disney fans where they make ALL the big announcements about Disney in the coming few years as well as have special gift shops, celebrity talks or M&Gs, special panels, etc. etc. It's a big deal and only happens every two years now. This year was chock FULL of announcements, especially considering all the new things coming to BOTH Disney parks. Mostly good, but I was really sad to find out my beloved Great Movie Ride is getting taken away.

giphy.gif

I haven't thought about it much since I did technically did get to give it a nice goodbye (and no one but online friends actually relate), but I was a bit triggered after all y'all agreed with me on Stitch's Great Escape because WHY IS THAT STILL THERE AND GMR BEING DEMOLISHED?!?!

They can get rid of The Great Movie Ride without a second glance, but STILL continue to tote around Stitch's Great Escape like some awful participation trophy?

tenor.gif

I'm... I will never get over that.

Ok, but that's enough of my ranting, let's get to the update and finish off my Christmas day at

:mickeyjumTHE MAGIC KINGDOM!:mickeyjum

A Split Closing Tale: A Cast Member And His Guest Family
December 25th, 2016
**Christmas Day**

***This'll be a bit of a text heavy post since my day of play ended here, but it's short so I hope you'll still read on through. Enjoy!***

I was ready to take my family to another attraction, but they were really needing to slow down. We'd been go-go-go since 7am and it was just about 5pm. We did break a bit for A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas, but that wasn't long enough. The Jingle Cruise FP I had reserved for them wasn't until 7:55pm so they had time to do so, but I needed to find a place for them to rest. I then remembered that the Castle Lighting was happening at 6:15, that would line-up perfectly. They could be there for the lighting, stay for M3C (Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration) at 7:15, head to their FastPass at the Jingle Cruise then set up to watch the fireworks at 9pm and do whatever after... maybe come visit me while I was working. It was a perfect plan.

I texted this in our group chat to make sure they knew since I tried explaining it to them out loud and they were quite confused. We then went over to find a spot by the Castle stage for them to watch the Castle Lighting. We got one of the last spots up close. It was a bit off-to-the-side, but that didn't matter since the Frozen part was extra, Cindy's castle was what it was all about. Here is a photo for perspective:

I stayed with them for a bit until around 5:20pm. My shift started at 6:30pm, but I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get backstage and to my locker so I gave myself ample time. I said goodbye to the Fam, content with our day and went on my way.

The rest of my night was pretty intense. Knowing today was one of the busiest days of the year, I immediately offered to my coordinator and leader that I would do anything extra they needed of me. I was asked to take care of all of the recycling cans because the sensors that alert us to empty them weren't working and most were overflowing. I went to work on this and it ended up taking me nearly two hours. For a 6 hour shift, I was pretty worn fairly early on. Luckily after I finished the run I almost immediately got my first break. Back from break, it wasn't too bad of a night. Everyone was a bit more tired and down-in-the-dumps than usual because they had to work a holiday so it was weirdly a nice moment for family bonding. Beauty & the Beast happened to be on ABC Family that night. I came in for break and my friend Sage told me it was on. I immediately plopped down in the middle of our break room to watch it, where everyone joined me. It was a bright moment in a pretty rough, busy night that did lighten up near the end and was an easy close, which is always a plus.

My mom and my sisters also came over while I was doing my monster recycle run. I was off-stage dumping the recycling bins and I got a call over the radio from one of my co-workers to meet him by the Buzz gate. I did once I was done and SURPRISE, it was my family. Oh and my mom with a camera a little too poised to get a photo of me working:

I didn't stay long, kinda overly focused on getting this run done, but I was able to catch up on what they ended up doing... So plans ended up not going the way I planned. They did really like the Castle Lighting, they thought it was really amazing. My mom took some pics:

Apparently I was wrong about the FP time and it was actual at 6:55 not 7:55 so they had little time to get over and they were pushing through the mosh pit that was the Hub. When they got to the Jingle Cruise, the line for FP was pretty long and so they had a bit of wait. Their Jingle Cruise didn't turn out to be that great with a meh Skipper, which made me really sad since I love Jingle Cruise, but really the Skipper can make or break the experience. Unfortunately, theirs wasn't too great. Once they got off, they then headed over to see me and here we were. I told them the rest of my plan should work and that if they stayed around long enough, I probably could do some water art for them real quick. We said goodbye for what ended up being the last time for the evening.

After the park closed and I had closed out, I went back to my apartment, surprised to find my roommates Carson and Joseph (the only one who doesn't work at MK) awake. They were hanging around with some friends. I was having my second wind so I hung out with them until I felt tired. I had a slightly early morning tomorrow, but I wanted to slow down a bit before forcing myself asleep. We talked about all our days since we all were working throughout the day, always a good way to wind down and remember how important sleep was. Eventually I turned in. Tomorrow was a big day.

Tomorrow, the Fam and I were going to...

pixiedust: UNIVERSAL! pixiedust:

Continued Here

Last edited:
I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND, I AM OB SESS ED WITH SCHUYLER. SHE IS SUCH A BUNDLE OF JOY AND I WANT HER AND ROXIE TO HAVE A PLAYDATE. Actually, just kidding because Roxie is a gremlin and I don't want her socializing with other dogs but I love Schuyler and want to meet her someday.

Reading about your Christmas Day shift has me #shook. Looking back, it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be, but it was a #roughera at the time. I'm glad your Christmas went the way it did, even though it was a long day, I'm really happy that you got to spend it with your family and work didn't seem too bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter