I know we want to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter in January 2019...

CJ

DIS Veteran
My husband and I would like to book a room at Port Orleans French Quarter in January 2019. I'm thinking the week of January 23-30 works to avoid any holidays. Can someone please tell me what is the earliest I can book the resort? On the Disney site it only shows availability until December 2018.

Thanks!

My husband and I would like to book a room at Port Orleans French Quarter in January 2019. I'm thinking the week of January 23-30 works to avoid any holidays. Can someone please tell me what is the earliest I can book the resort? On the Disney site it only shows availability until December 2018.

Thanks!

You'll be able to book a room only, by calling, up to 499 days out. That date was September 18, 2017 so you can do that now.

To be able to book a package or book online, you will have to wait until they release the rack rates for 2019 which will be in the June-August 2018 time frame.

Thanks so much. If I book a room only now, can I change it to a package rate later? If there is a discount offered closer to our dates (i.e. free dining) can I keep the same room and have them amend the pricing?

Thanks so much. If I book a room only now, can I change it to a package rate later?

Yes. However, you will have to cancel your room only and then book a package. You would have to put a new $200 deposit down on the package and wait for a refund of any $$ you paid towards the room only. Packages and room only are on 2 different systems so they can't just be converted and $$ moved over.

If there is a discount offered closer to our dates (i.e. free dining) can I keep the same room and have them amend the pricing?

Maybe. There would have to be availability under the discount for POFQ and your room type. They only include a certain number of rooms at a given resort under a discount. So it's not automatic that if you have a reservation that you can just apply a discount. POFQ is usually excluded from discounts so I would definitely not count on one.

Good to know, thanks. I won't count on any discounts other than perhaps the room rate being slightly cheaper that time of year.
But reserving the room we want now to guarantee it does seem like a good decision. Then if we decide to change to a package we'd get to keep the same room, right?

edited to add - I know we would have to put down two deposits, the first would be refunded when we change the room only to a package price. But we wouldn't have to cancel the room # itself, correct?

Last edited:
Good to know, thanks. I won't count on any discounts other than perhaps the room rate being slightly cheaper that time of year.
But reserving the room we want now to guarantee it does seem like a good decision. Then if we decide to change to a package we'd get to keep the same room, right?

As long as there's availability yes.

Like dansdad mentioned, any discount for POFQ is very rare and has not been part of FD for a long while now.

Yes, discounts are rare, and yes, you should call as soon as you can to book. POFQ is so small that it fills quickly; for some dates, well before you can book it online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!