I guess I'm rope dropping IASW! ~ A March 2024 TR updated 04/20 x2!

Hooray for a ride on And Remy! It looks like you had a great time with Billie and Kathy.

(Also, I swear I spotted Billie in one of the new 1900 Park Fare breakfast reviews on YouTube. Do you know if she ate there for breakfast the day after opening?)

I love your collection of Photopass pictures - so many great shots.

I’m not much of a beer fan, but that grapefruit lime sour sounds DELICIOUS. I need to add that to my list!

Your evening sounds perfect. A mix of Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise (I agree it’s fun to do at night!), Disney popcorn (the best!), fireworks, and ice cream is the best Disney evening ever. Looking at your step count I understand why you headed for bed!

Last edited:
It looks like you had a great day. Stacking LL's for MK is a good idea. :)

We headed over to Remy next and I enjoyed the ride the most I ever have. I think I've finally found the mix of looking and not looking at the screen to maintain my equilibrium. Now if they just did something about the queue! Most boring queue ever.
I have to close my eyes in a few stops.

That's a really fun magic shot! It sounds like an amazing day, I'm not sure how you could have made it any better. Ending with MK fireworks and dole whip really was just icing on the cake!
It was the perfect ending to an awesome day!
I love the Skyliner!
::yes::
HEA gets me in the feels everytime.
Same! I was so worried I wouldn't care for it after Wishes but I really love it!
Cute photo! Love your sweatshirt. Danielle got me this one for Christmas.
Caroline and I each bought one on our December trip.
Heh. You're really selling it. "No! Really! It's okay! I found a way to ride it without being sick!"
Yeah...you can tell I'm not the biggest Remy fan.
:laughing: All of you are pointing at some vague point that's nowhere near Remy!
Right??
oooohhh... Excellent shot! You don't look terrified... just... perfect amount of trepidation? Really like this!
Thanks! I like this one too. :)
You know... I have never had WDW popcorn. I did have DL popcorn... didn't understand what all the fuss was about. I mean... it's only popcorn. What's the big de.... OMG... Crack in a bucket.
It's so yummy!
Is there something black on your Dole Whip?
Ooops, my spoon!
Lovely shot of you. :)
Thank you
What a great first day! Sounds like a lot of fun was had.. All of your food looks delicious and Toppolino’s really does get some great reviews for both the food and character interaction. And your famous now 😂
It certainly was an amazing day. Loved hanging out with friends and meeting Jessica was awesome.
As much as I loved the start to your day I absolutely adored how you finished it! I think that must be the best but about a solo trip. Doing things as you want, when you want, in the way you want, so ending the night with popcorn and fireworks and then deciding on a dole whip nightcap before some beautiful photos in front of the castle is a little slice of heavenly indulgence.
I think all those steps go a long way in making room for all the lovely treats Disney offers us. I’m sure you and your feet were more than ready for bed.
Exactly!! How often do we just get to do what we want. It's nice to have a chance to put ourselves first.
I love all your pictures. I’m glad Remy was better this time. I find if I focus on Remy I do better!
Thank you!
I’m so glad you got to enjoy HEA!
I never thought about the bridge to Adventure Land, good tip!
It's a great spot! I really don't care about the projections so it works well for me.
Hooray for a ride on And Remy! It looks like you had a great time with Billie and Kathy.
We sure did!
(Also, I swear I spotted Billie in one of the new 1900 Park Fare breakfast reviews on YouTube. Do you know if she ate there for breakfast the day after opening?)
I will have to text her and ask!
I’m not much of a beer fan, but that grapefruit lime sour sounds DELICIOUS. I need to add that to my list!
I love sour fruity beers.
Your evening sounds perfect. A mix of Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise (I agree it’s fun to do at night!), Disney popcorn (the best!), fireworks, and ice cream is the best Disney evening ever. Looking at your step count I understand why you headed for bed!
It was a perfect end to the day. :)
It looks like you had a great day. Stacking LL's for MK is a good idea. :)
It was the best day.:goodvibes
I have to close my eyes in a few stops.
Same.

We headed over to Remy next and I enjoyed the ride the most I ever have. I think I've finally found the mix of looking and not looking at the screen to maintain my equilibrium.

Huh, I didn't realize that it caused problems. I've never had a problem with the ride, and even Fran was able to ride it without incident.

We had a lot of fun playing around on the Vespa outside

I just saw that for the first time on this last trip!

I had been stacking LLs during the day so had Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise lined up. This was the one evening I had planned to see Happily Ever After so was really looking forward to that.

Good job!

After fireworks I was set to head over to Jungle Cruise. Jungle Cruise just hits differently at night. Plus we had an awesome skipper.

I'll have to try that sometime, I've never done it after dark.

It was after 10:00 now and the park closed at 11:00. I knew I could stay longer but my feet were done and I was ready for bed. So I got a couple of pics by the castle and called it a night.

Yeah that whole feet thing....it makes a big difference when you are walking and not using a scooter.

Step count for day 1....time for some rest before I got up and did it all again. :)

OMG! That's crazy! I'll have to figure out mine!

An early morning flight to DHS!

One of the things I liked best about CBR was the ease of transportation. This morning I left my room at 7:25 am and strolled to the Skyliner. With early entry for resort guests in effect, I was standing in line for ToT by 7:50 am! Yes, that includes walking through the resort to the Skyliner, boarding, the flight over, clearing through park security, tapping in and strolling through the park! While the ToT line looked daunting stretching back to the Fantasmic entrance, it was a walk on. Fun was had as always although there is no evidence of this in my ride photo.
IMG_5423.JPG
My plan this morning was to head to Toy Story Land for Midway Mania and Saucers. It was only about 8:20 am at this point and I debated adding Slinky Dog to the list but there was already a 50 minute wait for it and I knew I could walk on to TSMM. Of course my score was as dismal as always but I never tire of the fun theming and ride experience. Saucers was next and I waited about 5 minutes. It's cute and entertaining but not something I would ever wait very long for. Did I mention I was doing this day without Genie+? In the thick of Spring Break crowds? So my next option will make sense as I headed over to the Muppets courtyard!
IMG_5019.jpeg
I grew up with the Muppets and have always enjoyed the corny humour. So this was a nice piece of nostalgia for me.
IMG_5017.jpeg

IMG_5015.jpeg
After the show I was ready for a treat so decided upon a classic Mickey pretzel before my next show of the morning.
IMG_5020.jpeg
Yum! This was fresh, soft and perfectly salty. I enjoyed this as I found a spot in the shade to wait for my first ever viewing of Indiana Jones! I was actually pretty impressed with this show and am happy I finally had a chance to see it.

IMG_5021.jpeg
IMG_5022.jpeg

I took a stroll around Echo Lake after to say hi to Gertie and noticed a line forming. I was very excited to see my favourite chipmunks make an appearance. Of course I had to jump in line....Chip and Dale are the best!

IMG_5025.jpeg
IMG_5424.JPG
I was ready for lunch now and had hopes of nabbing a table at one of my favourite spots. Would I be able to resist the call of Baseline Taphouse and visit an old favourite? That's next!

Last edited:

One of the things I liked best about CBR was the ease of transportation.
My sister stayed at CBR last December and she is trying to talk us into changing our Dec 2024 reservation from POR to CBR. I know that the rooms are similar but I'm a little worried about the unknown. I know what I like about POR but not sure about CBR. She really liked having the convenience of the Skyliner.
I knew I could walk on to TSMM. Of course my score was as dismal as always but I never tire of the fun theming and ride experience.
TSM is one of my favorites. :)

This morning I left my room at 7:25 am and strolled to the Skyliner. With early entry for resort guests in effect, I was standing in line for ToT by 7:50 am!
That is an amazing timeline!!
Did I mention I was doing this day without Genie+? In the thick of Spring Break crowds? So my next option will make sense as I headed over to the Muppets courtyard!
We had one day at HS without Genie+ too! It was tough to fit in too many rides with the Spring Break crowds but we did more shows that day.

My sister stayed at CBR last December and she is trying to talk us into changing our Dec 2024 reservation from POR to CBR. I know that the rooms are similar but I'm a little worried about the unknown. I know what I like about POR but not sure about CBR. She really liked having the convenience of the Skyliner.
I am staying at POFQ for the first time this August with a great AP discount. Do you typically stay at Riverside or French Quarter as well? Also Caroline and I will overlap with you and Dana in December! We are there Dec 5-9 but are still up in the air about where to stay. Still waiting on late fall AP discounts to come out. :)

I have to say I really liked CBR and would happily stay there again. The rooms were great and it was fun to watch Epcot fireworks from the beach.
That is an amazing timeline!!
The perk of being at a Skyliner Resort!

HBD lounge for the win!

Even though the lure of Baseline Taphouse remained strong, I opted for HBD lounge as I was craving their fabulous Cobb salad. I put my name on the walk up list and wandered around in the sunshine while I waited to be called. I was rewarded with a lovely table for one along the railings which was absolutely perfect for people watching.

My waiter was fantastic, personable and chatty without being obtrusive. He just seemed to sense exactly what each guest would like. I went with his drink recommendation of the Gin Mule (Nolet's Silver dry gin, Fever Tree ginger beer with lime juice, and mint). This was delicious and refreshing.
IMG_5027.jpeg
I was happy people watching as I sipped my cocktail. Really, what could be better?
IMG_5032.jpeg

I went for the Cobb salad with dressing on the side which was fantastic. So fresh and flavourful!

IMG_5028.jpeg
I debated about trying the grapefruit cake but opted instead to head out to the pool. On the way out I perused the pin boards and chatted to some lovely CMs. It really had been a perfect Disney Day!

10 minutes from leaving the park I was back in my room! Thank you Skyliner! I changed for the pool and was soon happily stretched out in a lounger with my book and sparkling water.

IMG_5036.jpeg

IMG_5037.jpeg
I had to text the poolside pictures of blue sky and palm trees to my sisters and DH. It's always the right thing to do when you are on vacay and they aren't. :rolleyes:
IMG_5039.jpeg
Next up is a picture perfect evening at Animal Kingdom!

Last edited:
10 minutes from leaving the park I was back in my room! Thank you Skyliner!
What a great day at HS! And you really can’t beat the Skyliner resorts. CBR sounds like a great option.
I changed for the pool and was soon happily stretched out in a lounger with my book and sparkling water.
What book were you reading? No better way to spend an afternoon than a book at the pool!

As we were having fun with the characters, I heard a lovely person ask "are you Suse?" Imagine my pleasure to meet the awesome @jrmint427 and her beautiful family. Jessica, thank you so much for coming over to say hello. It was so nice to meet you! :)
Too funny that you were there at the same time!

looks like you had a great meal with awesome character interaction, this is still one of my favorite character meals for the interactions!

Topolino's.jpg's.jpg
This is so great!

I had to text the poolside pictures of blue sky and palm trees to my sisters and DH. It's always the right thing to do when you are on vacay and they aren't. :rolleyes:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Great morning in HS and pool time is the perfect way to spend a couple of hopes relaxing between parks. Love those blue skies :goodvibes

I am staying at POFQ for the first time this August with a great AP discount. Do you typically stay at Riverside or French Quarter as well? Also Caroline and I will overlap with you and Dana in December! We are there Dec 5-9 but are still up in the air about where to stay. Still waiting on late fall AP discounts to come out. :)

I have to say I really liked CBR and would happily stay there again. The rooms were great and it was fun to watch Epcot fireworks from the beach.
The only moderate resort we have stayed at is POR. We usually stay at BC/YC or WL when we stay deluxe. We booked our Dec 3-7 trip with the Bounce back discount from our Dec 2023 trip.

We just booked a "sisters" trip for August 25-29 at POR. We will be with my sister and Dana's sister. POR works great for our group. Will we overlap with you on this trip?

10 minutes from leaving the park I was back in my room! Thank you Skyliner! I changed for the pool and was soon happily stretched out in a lounger with my book and sparkling water.
I can see where the Skyliner is very handy. :) I'm tempted to switch our Dec trip to CBR since we are doing POR in August.

What book were you reading? No better way to spend an afternoon than a book at the pool!
I was reading our book club pick for this month; Trust by Hernan Diaz.
Too funny that you were there at the same time!
We had been reading each other's PTR so were looking for one another. Jessica found me first. :)
This is so great!
It was so nice to meet Jessica!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Great morning in HS and pool time is the perfect way to spend a couple of hopes relaxing between parks. Love those blue skies :goodvibes
It was such a fun and relaxing day!
We just booked a "sisters" trip for August 25-29 at POR. We will be with my sister and Dana's sister. POR works great for our group. Will we overlap with you on this trip?
I leave on the 25th but not until late afternoon.

The Skyliner is definitely a game changer for transportation! It is very quick and efficient!
I love your outfit and your hat poolside!
I have to admit I have never tried Brown Derby lounge, it looks lovely!

One of the things I liked best about CBR was the ease of transportation.
I’ve never wanted to stay there just due to its sheer size, but you’re making me rethink that.
This morning I left my room at 7:25 am and strolled to the Skyliner. With early entry for resort guests in effect, I was standing in line for ToT by 7:50 am! Yes, that includes walking through the resort to the Skyliner, boarding, the flight over, clearing through park security, tapping in and strolling through the park!
Not bad!
Fun was had as always although there is no evidence of this in my ride photo.
:laughing:
I debated adding Slinky Dog to the list but there was already a 50 minute wait for it
Nope!
Saucers was next and I waited about 5 minutes. It's cute and entertaining but not something I would ever wait very long for
I will only if it’s a walk on.
Did I mention I was doing this day without Genie+? In the thick of Spring Break crowds?
:worship:
Yum! This was fresh, soft and perfectly salty.
Lucky. I always seem to get stale-ish ones.
I found a spot in the shade to wait for my first ever viewing of Indiana Jones!
First time! How’d you like it? Were you surprised with the audience member?
Chip and Dale are the best!
Great shot of you all.
I opted for HBD lounge as I was craving their fabulous Cobb salad.
Mmmmmm… that Cobb salad is amazing.
I was happy people watching as I sipped my cocktail. Really, what could be better?
:goodvibes
10 minutes from leaving the park I was back in my room! Thank you Skyliner!
Quick!
:lmao:

I skipped all around your report but finally went back and now am all caught up!
We landed in Orlando about 20 minutes ahead of schedule which is always great. Soon I was on my favourite carpet and feeling excited to be on my way home!
IMG_4958.jpeg
I always think, if they ever change this carpet, Disney fans will revolt!

y room assignment was Martinique building 25 on the ground floor. Initially I was disappointed but this turned out to be the perfect room. I was 5 minutes from either Primo Piatto or Centretown Market, a 10-12 minute walk to either Skyliner station and had a lovely quiet pool 3 minutes from my room.
Basically just on the other side, I guess?

We need this at Boulder Ridge!
IMG_4965.jpeg
I love when they ahve these!

IMG_4972.jpeg

Cathy told me I definitely wanted dessert since I just had a little salad and she was not wrong. I went for the Pineapple Coconut bread pudding and let me tell you friends, I have now eaten the BEST bread pudding on Disney property.
That does look good!

It was pretty busy but I only waited about 5 or 6 minutes before a cabin was available.
I alwasy wonder how long it takes for the folks over there with the main hub full of people flowing in.

Your picture of the dragon is way better than what I took!

Now if they just did something about the queue! Most boring queue ever.
It really is, I know that had to work with the space they had but yikes!!!!

Love your sweatshirt.

This morning I left my room at 7:25 am and strolled to the Skyliner. With early entry for resort guests in effect, I was standing in line for ToT by 7:50 am! Yes, that includes walking through the resort to the Skyliner, boarding, the flight over, clearing through park security, tapping in and strolling through the park!
The skyliner is really great. it saved us when we were there for the opening of Rise of Resistance! We made it back for Magical Express in no time!

The skyliner also made it so that resort doesn't feel nearly as big as it used to .

I enjoyed this as I found a spot in the shade to wait for my first ever viewing of Indiana Jones! I was actually pretty impressed with this show and am happy I finally had a chance to see it.
Glad you liked it. It is easy to skip that show but it is really great, especially if you like the movies.

The Skyliner is definitely a game changer for transportation! It is very quick and efficient!
I hope they expand the Skyliner from AK to the All Stars, Coronado and AKL. That would be a game changer!
I love your outfit and your hat poolside!
Thank you! I got the hat at Chapel Hats in Disney Springs and the cover up is from Lands End. Their swim suit cover ups are great!
I have to admit I have never tried Brown Derby lounge, it looks lovely!
We should go in December!
I’ve never wanted to stay there just due to its sheer size, but you’re making me rethink that.
I think this is a resort where springing for preferred really makes sense.
Lucky. I always seem to get stale-ish ones.
The last one I got in the summer was so stale. I took one or two bites and ditched it. This was much better.
First time! How’d you like it? Were you surprised with the audience member?
I really enjoyed it! Such a fun and action-packed show. I think I missed the audience member as I was pretty far over to the side.
Great shot of you all.
Thank you!
Mmmmmm… that Cobb salad is amazing.
It really is. I've never had another Cobb salad as good as that one.
I always think, if they ever change this carpet, Disney fans will revolt!
Right???? It's a classic!
Basically just on the other side, I guess?
Right across! It was so convenient to all the amenities. :)
I love when they ahve these!
Same! We always need more storage!
That does look good!
It was so yummy!
It really is, I know that had to work with the space they had but yikes!!!!
::yes::
Love your sweatshirt.
Thank you! Caroline and I picked them up at Disney Style last December.
The skyliner also made it so that resort doesn't feel nearly as big as it used to .
It really makes a difference. Even if you are down in Trinidad it's not that far of a walk to the CBR stattion.
Glad you liked it. It is easy to skip that show but it is really great, especially if you like the movies.
It was a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter