I guess I'm rope dropping IASW! ~ A March 2024 TR updated 04/20 x2!

What a great Brunch at Topolino's. I would really like to go back here someday. The characters really are the best.

You got some great photos with them all.

What a surprise to run into another Diser too.

I ordered the mimosa and Pat ordered the Bellini. While they were both good, I ended up stealing more of his!
Such a yummy brunch cocktail!
I thought about the quiche, that looks so good!
I loved the quiche. There are so many good choices on the menu. What did you order?
It was SO nice to meet you! I had read about your outfit in your pre-trip report, so I was looking out for you that morning :) I was surprised when I realized your table was right behind ours! This has never happened before on the Dis, but I spy my daughter in the background of one of your pictures 🤣 It looks like you had a great meal with awesome character interaction, this is still one of my favorite character meals for the interactions!
Thanks so much for posting the picture of us. I had been scanning the restaurant looking for you but never realized you were right behind us in that alcove!
Nice! I've not met either, but have "seen" them both on the Dis.
Both Kathy and Billie are amazing and so fun to hang out with. :)
Um... that's two people?
Ooops yes. It was Claire's mom who decided to join in at the last minute so the reservation was originally for 4.
I'll have one of each, thankyouverymuch.
Good choice!
I'll have to try to remember that.
You will love it! Any trip planned for this summer?
Well, look at you! You're famous! :goodvibes
Haha! This is what happens when you read each others PTR. I had been scanning the restaurant for Jessica but she found me first!
You had a great morning at Epcot before your brunch! I’m sorry you missed out on Soarin’ but glad you enjoyed the overlays at LWTL.
LwtL is always a favourite. I never tire of it. :)
Topolino’s looks delicious! It’s fun to see pictures of Kathy and Billie (I miss seeing them on the DIS!) and glad you enjoyed your brunch. How fun that you ran into Jessica’s family, too!
It was so nice to meet Jessica. :) Spending time with Kathy and Billie is always a treat!
Looks like a wonderful brunch with awesome Disney friends!
I love all the pictures.
Thanks Caroline! I am so glad you recommended Topolinos.
How fun to have a chance meet with @jrmint427 I love it! 😍
Me too! She and her family were just lovely!
What a great Brunch at Topolino's. I would really like to go back here someday. The characters really are the best.
It was my first time dining there but definitely won't be the last!
What a surprise to run into another Diser too.
I knew our times overlapped thanks to our PTRs but I was so happy that she recognized me and came over to say hi.

Thank goodness for the Skyliner because it felt a little rushed heading to Riviera from Epcot.

Yes! I'm starting to like the Skyliner more and more now that I don't use a scooter.

We started with a Mimosa for Billie and Bellinis for Claire and I. They are the yummiest brunch cocktail!

I might beg to differ....I'm partial to Bloody Mary's or as you Canadians prefer Bloody Caesars.

For my main I went for the Gruyere quiche with smashed potatoes and salad.

That sounds very yummy!

We had so much fun with the characters! They came around a few times and we got lots of attention, even as a group of all adults.

I'm glad they do that. Kids aren't the only ones who like characters!

I am so looking forward to your TR!

I just got home last night. I already posted the introduction while I was on the trip, so the first update may go up possibly as soon as today.

Ooops yes. It was Claire's mom who decided to join in at the last minute so the reservation was originally for 4.
Thank goodness I can still do math... just don't ask me to do more than simple addition or multiplication anymore!
You will love it! Any trip planned for this summer?
Unfortunately, no.
Haha! This is what happens when you read each others PTR. I had been scanning the restaurant for Jessica but she found me first!
:laughing:

I've heard nothing but amazing things about the Topolino's breakfast. It's now up on the top of my list of restaurants to try! Sounds like it was a fun morning spending time with friends. And how cool to have an unexpected DISmeet!

I am enjoying your report! I will get to Topolino’s someday. It always looks fantastic and the character’s outfits look so cute! ☺️

Yes! I'm starting to like the Skyliner more and more now that I don't use a scooter.
That's awesome that you are no longer using a scooter. Glad your mobility is better these days. :)
I might beg to differ....I'm partial to Bloody Mary's or as you Canadians prefer Bloody Caesars.
You and my DH can have those. I am not a big fan of tomato juice and adding Clamato to it makes it even worse!
I just got home last night. I already posted the introduction while I was on the trip, so the first update may go up possibly as soon as today.
Hopping over to sub in!
Unfortunately, no.
Too bad! It's been a few years, no? Hopefully you'll have a trip booked soon.
I've heard nothing but amazing things about the Topolino's breakfast. It's now up on the top of my list of restaurants to try! Sounds like it was a fun morning spending time with friends. And how cool to have an unexpected DISmeet!
Oh my gosh, Alicia, it is so good!! I think you would really love it. The food was great and the character interaction was so much fun!
I am enjoying your report! I will get to Topolino’s someday. It always looks fantastic and the character’s outfits look so cute! ☺️
HI and thanks for joining in! I highly recommend Topolinos for breakfast. It really was a fantastic meal. :)

Fun at Flower and Garden!

After we said our goodbyes, Billie, Kathy and I headed off to the Skyliner on our way to Epcot! I have to say the Skyliner is one of my favourite means of transportation, only coming in second to the resort launches. We had fun checking out the topiaries and perusing the menus at the festival booths. We weren't ready to actually eat anything yet but wanted to know our options for later.

We all loved the stunning dragon topiary in Japan.
IMG_4989.jpeg
We couldn't resist photos and got this awesome Donald magic shot I had never seen before.
2024-03-13 - Epcot - Japan at epcot.jpeg
We were on the hunt for a guest services booth as Billie was checking out her DAS pass so she could add us as her guests for the day. We were fortunate to secure a return time for Soarin' (with hopes it wouldn't break down this time) and headed that way. Of course we had to stop for more pictures!

2024-03-13 - Epcot - World celebration epcot (2).jpeg

2024-03-13 - Epcot - World celebration epcot (1) (1).jpeg
Soarin' was awesome and the CM was kind enough to accommodate us when we asked if we could wait for B1. Of course we had to go on LwtL next and again got pixie dusted when the CM let us through the LL line even though we were prepared to wait in standby.

We were feeling a little peckish at this point and decided to head to the festival booths. Billie had secured us a return time for Remy and we had a little time to kill. So food and more pictures it was!

First up was Honey Beestro where I went for the roasted cauliflower dish (Honey-glazed Cauliflower with honey-roasted carrot purée, wild rice pilaf, spring vegetables, honey-blistered grapes, and sunflower brittle). This was fantastic!

IMG_4993.jpeg

We went to the homeland next....aka the Canadian pavilion for Northern Blooms. I pretty much got a full meal here enjoying the scallops, the maple whisky cake and a beer.

IMG_4994.jpeg
I forgot to grab a pic of the scallops but I can tell you they were fantastic. The cake was very rich and I had to ask Kathy and Billie to help me out with it. Collective Arts ( one of my favourite breweries) was featured here with their grapefruit lime sour. This was very refreshing.
IMG_4995.jpeg
Another special photo spot on the way to Remy!
2024-03-13 - Epcot - Ig topiary icon.jpeg

Next up is Remy and a fun night at MK!

Last edited:
I have to say the Skyliner is one of my favourite means of transportation, only coming in second to the resort launches.
Those are my favorite Disney transportation options too, and I agree with your order!
First up was Honey Beestro where I went for the roasted cauliflower dish (Honey-glazed Cauliflower with honey-roasted carrot purée, wild rice pilaf, spring vegetables, honey-blistered grapes, and sunflower brittle). This was fantastic!
That cauliflower dish was one of my favorite items at F&G, I wish I could go back this year just for that dish! The sunflower brittle was really interesting with the other flavors and those grapes were the best.

I headed off to the Skyliner on our way to Epcot!
Best way to go. :)
I have to say the Skyliner is one of my favourite means of transportation, only coming in second to the resort launches.
I whole heartedly agree!
I'm not one for topiaries, but... gotta say, I like that one.
We couldn't resist photos and got this awesome Donald magic shot I had never seen before.
Cute shot. :)
Of course we had to stop for more pictures!
Of course! And they all turned out great. :)
Soarin' was awesome and the CM was kind enough to accommodate us when we asked if we could wait for B1.
:thumbsup2
Of course we had to go on LwtL next and again got pixie dusted when the CM let us through the LL line even though we were prepared to wait in standby.
Very nice. :)
I'd eat that. Sounds good!
We went to the homeland next....aka the Canadian pavilion for Northern Blooms.
::yes::
I pretty much got a full meal here enjoying the scallops, the maple whisky cake and a beer.
I'm with you all the way up to the beer.
Collective Arts ( one of my favourite breweries) was featured here with their grapefruit lime sour.
Was that beer based as well, or... ?

We had fun checking out the topiaries and perusing the menus at the festival booths. We weren't ready to actually eat anything yet but wanted to know our options for later.

I had already checked them out weeks before and knew which booths I wanted to hit before I left California! :lmao:

Of course we had to stop for more pictures!

Very cute one of the three of you!

I'm glad you thought this was fantastic. It sounds like a nightmare to me! :laughing: I got the other dish at that booth and it was fantastic!

We went to the homeland next....aka the Canadian pavilion for Northern Blooms. I pretty much got a full meal here enjoying the scallops, the maple whisky cake and a beer.

We never got to Canada, I really wanted to try the tenderloin tips.

Fun with Remy and a magical night in the kingdom!

We headed over to Remy next and I enjoyed the ride the most I ever have. I think I've finally found the mix of looking and not looking at the screen to maintain my equilibrium. Now if they just did something about the queue! Most boring queue ever.

We had a lot of fun playing around on the Vespa outside....maybe that should be my next vehicle!
IMG_4999.jpeg

Of course we had to do photos outside of Remy.
2024-03-13 - Epcot - France at epcot (2) (1).jpeg
And a magic shot with Remy himself...I never know what to do with my hands in these shots, lol.
2024-03-13 - Epcot - France at epcot (3).jpeg

At this point Kathy had to head back to see her mom so she ended up grabbing a Lyft from the Beach Club. Billie was going to hang in Epcot a bit longer and I was ready for a little rest before heading to MK later. I had been stacking LLs during the day so had Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise lined up. This was the one evening I had planned to see Happily Ever After so was really looking forward to that.

My first LL was for Haunted Mansion so I headed there at about 7:40 pm. It was perfect as always! I love the Adventureland bridge area for fireworks viewing so headed there after picking up some popcorn to much on during the show.
2024-03-13 - Magic Kingdom Park - Haunted mansion.jpeg
Nothing better than Disney popcorn!
IMG_5003.jpeg
HEA was awesome of course....and you know I cried several times.

I adore the Hercules section. Cue the crying....

And who doesn't love Tink?

After fireworks I was set to head over to Jungle Cruise. Jungle Cruise just hits differently at night. Plus we had an awesome skipper. Next up was Pirates although I got a random family's ride photo instead of my own.

I then decided I needed an end of the night treat and back tracked to Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip. No yummier treat!
IMG_5013.jpeg

It was after 10:00 now and the park closed at 11:00. I knew I could stay longer but my feet were done and I was ready for bed. So I got a couple of pics by the castle and called it a night.

2024-03-13 - Magic Kingdom Park - Cinderella castle (1) (1).jpeg

Plus a magic shot with Tink!
2024-03-13 - Magic Kingdom Park - Cinderella castle (2).jpeg

Step count for day 1....time for some rest before I got up and did it all again. :)
IMG_5014.PNG

Last edited:
That cauliflower dish was one of my favorite items at F&G, I wish I could go back this year just for that dish! The sunflower brittle was really interesting with the other flavors and those grapes were the best.
Same here! The blistered grapes were so delicious! All the different elements of this dish worked so well together.
I whole heartedly agree!
I'm not one for topiaries, but... gotta say, I like that one.
It was awesome. There's one coming up later that I think you'll really enjoy too.
Of course! And they all turned out great. :)
Thank you!
I'd eat that. Sounds good!
It was excellent!
Was that beer based as well, or... ?
That was the beer...a grapefruit lime sour. So you are a hard pass on rum and beer?
I had already checked them out weeks before and knew which booths I wanted to hit before I left California! :lmao:
I knew the menus pretty well too but I always like a little refresh in case I changed my mind. :)
Very cute one of the three of you!
Thank you!
I'm glad you thought this was fantastic. It sounds like a nightmare to me! :laughing: I got the other dish at that booth and it was fantastic!
It was so good! I was vegetarian for 9 years so still lean in favour of the veggie items. Didi you get the chicken and waffles?
Yum! It looks like you made some good food choices, I want them all!
I really enjoyed everything I tried. Thanks for joining in and commenting! :)

And a magic shot with Remy himself
That's a really fun magic shot! It sounds like an amazing day, I'm not sure how you could have made it any better. Ending with MK fireworks and dole whip really was just icing on the cake!

I have to say the Skyliner is one of my favourite means of transportation

I love the Skyliner!

IMG_4989.jpeg

Great photo!

2024-03-13 - Epcot - Japan at epcot.jpeg
Very cute!

I really want to try this too.

HEA gets me in the feels everytime.

Jungle Cruise just hits differently at night.

I agree with this.

Cute photo! Love your sweatshirt. Danielle got me this one for Christmas.

We headed over to Remy next and I enjoyed the ride the most I ever have. I think I've finally found the mix of looking and not looking at the screen to maintain my equilibrium.
Heh. You're really selling it. "No! Really! It's okay! I found a way to ride it without being sick!"
Now if they just did something about the queue! Most boring queue ever.
Free ratatouille samples?
We had a lot of fun playing around on the Vespa outside....maybe that should be my next vehicle!
Look at you! You're a natural!
And a magic shot with Remy himself...I never know what to do with my hands in these shots, lol.
:laughing: All of you are pointing at some vague point that's nowhere near Remy!
Maybe not the best directions from the PP?
I had been stacking LLs during the day so had Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise lined up.
Very nice lineup. :)
oooohhh... Excellent shot! You don't look terrified... just... perfect amount of trepidation? Really like this!
Nothing better than Disney popcorn!
You know... I have never had WDW popcorn. I did have DL popcorn... didn't understand what all the fuss was about. I mean... it's only popcorn. What's the big de.... OMG... Crack in a bucket.
:goodvibes
I adore the Hercules section. Cue the crying....
Oh dear. :)
And who doesn't love Tink?
Jungle Cruise just hits differently at night.
Next up was Pirates although I got a random family's ride photo instead of my own.
Makes me wonder... if Disney gives you someone else's photos... and you post it... can those people sue DIsney?
Is there something black on your Dole Whip?
Lovely shot of you. :)
I've always liked these Tink shots.
Step count for day 1
Whoa! :faint:
It was awesome. There's one coming up later that I think you'll really enjoy too.
popcorn::
That was the beer...a grapefruit lime sour. So you are a hard pass on rum and beer?
Ah.
Pretty hard pass on rum. Beer... I'm not a fan, but if it's hot and someone says drink this... I can.
But I've also heard the grapefruit beers taste quite a bit different from "regular" beer, so I'd definitely try it and drink it. Might take me a while to finish it, but...

What a great first day! Sounds like a lot of fun was had.. All of your food looks delicious and Toppolino’s really does get some great reviews for both the food and character interaction. And your famous now 😂
I love F&G We have caught the tail end of it several times over the years and it’s gorgeous seeing all the topiaries. I enjoy snacking ( who doesn’t) so love have the chance to try smaller plates throughout the day. I have never tried the Canadian cheese soup and always think I will when I see it on the booth menu but then when I get there I’m just too hot for soup. I need to visit in winter (good excuse :confused3:rotfl2:).
As much as I loved the start to your day I absolutely adored how you finished it! I think that must be the best but about a solo trip. Doing things as you want, when you want, in the way you want, so ending the night with popcorn and fireworks and then deciding on a dole whip nightcap before some beautiful photos in front of the castle is a little slice of heavenly indulgence.
I think all those steps go a long way in making room for all the lovely treats Disney offers us. I’m sure you and your feet were more than ready for bed.

I love all your pictures. I’m glad Remy was better this time. I find if I focus on Remy I do better!
I have heard good things about the cauliflower at Honey Bistro.
I’m so glad you got to enjoy HEA!
I never thought about the bridge to Adventure Land, good tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter