I got lost leaving Universal

1canadian

Mouseketeer
:confused: I drove to Universal twice and both times I got lost when I left. It seemed simple, I was just trying to get to the Wyndham on I-Drive - so close - yet so far -
Is it just me or is it possible to come out of their parkade in different locations? Any tips for my next trip?

Is it just me or is it possible to come out of their parkade in different locations? Any tips for my next trip?

Oh...I'm pretty sure it's not just you!!! ;)

There are two garages...and several different "ways out". A couple of them actually have signs that point you to I4 or International Drive...there is one (I think you come out on Kirkman?) which sort of leaves you wondering...I have to get back to Sand Lake, so I always just circle around back to Universal and can find my way...

Does anyone know...does Kirkman run into I-Drive eventually? It seems to me, I drove along for quite a while one night, and realized...I wasn't getting where I wanted to...

I don't get lost anymore...but it's not all THAT hard to do, either!

Maybe some others can give their driving advice...?!?! :)

Good Luck!
Karen

Barry,

You don't get to wear the Carnac the Magnificent hat this week. They do intersect on the south side of I-4. The only other ways over to International are across I-4 at Universal Blvd and then down at Sand Lake Road.

He He He, we also got a little lost when we left Universal, but luckily we were able to recognize street names and made out way back to our hotel!!

Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D

You are not alone! We've gotten lost EVERY SINGLE TIME we've been to US/IOA! Never seemed to get in the right lane! But we always managed to get home!

I sometimes get lost on Disney property. I think th eonly road that has a street sign is Osceola Parkway. Even if you follow the signs, another tourist might cut you off and you can't get in the proper lane! :)

How do i put this, since i live in and around orlando, and have followed many cars with Canadian plates: It was your fault. :smooth:

How do i put this, since i live in and around orlando, and have followed many cars with Canadian plates: It was your fault.

Are they also the ones who leave without their headlights on???:D :confused: :eek:

Without fail, EVERY time I leave USF/IOA at night...someone is driving along near me without headlights on...I try to alert them...but I'm never able to get their attention! Go figure! :D

Karen

It was quite entertaining reading these replies to my original post:jester:

I sure hope Canadian's don't have a bad rep in Orlando for being bad drivers and not putting headlights on. :eek:

Of course, lots more of us are out there and you don't know it, because we're in rental cars!
:wave:

well stick to the rental cars. when ever you see a car with an Ontario plate you either pass as soon as possible so the accident will be behind you, or you take the next available turn so you will not be stuck in traffic behind the accident:eek:

I thought Canadian cars have automatic headlights day and night? I always thought that was a cool safety feature until I bought my new Volkswagon with those kind of headlights. Now when I go to the drive-in movies I get honked at because I cannot turn them off while running!
:smooth:

Originally posted by suzysezso
I thought Canadian cars have automatic headlights day and night? I always thought that was a cool safety feature until I bought my new Volkswagon with those kind of headlights. Now when I go to the drive-in movies I get honked at because I cannot turn them off while running!

that is the car you take to the drive-in if you are not going to make-out:D

Originally posted by suzysezso

Try putting the parking brake on. The 'daytime running lights' on my GMC Jimmy go off when the parking brake is applied.

And yes, it's the people from Canadia (If you are Canadian, you must be from Canadia :p ) not the roads.

Sorry friends to the North - I have many friends from 'Canadia' - I like to pick on them as well :D

Originally posted by DisneyCrazy

Try putting the parking brake on.

Yes indeed my VW works the same way... but you can't put the parking brake on until you are actually standing still... while you are driving down the row trying to find a place to park it's still an annoyance. What we usually do is just get there early! LOL

(BTW- I also find the navigation in and out of Universal's lots and Orlando's streets bit wacky no matter how many times I drive there. The best way to solve the garage problem is stay onsite... as for the streets (Example:Universal Blvd intersecting I-Drive twice) I don't say I am lost, I say I am exploring...):D

Now, let's tell the truth... It's not that you can't put on the parking brake while you are moving....... you shouldn't put on the parking brake. If it can be done, someone will.

I can see it now... take the car back to the dealer service department.. "I don't know why the brakes burnt up on the car, all I did was turn off the daytime running lights. I read about it on the Internet. It's under warranty isn't it?"
:jester:

That sounds familiar...

I once got a call where someone dropped their notebook computer about 6 or so feet and she was angry that the LCD display cracked. She thought it was a shotty design and she was angry that we would charge her for the repair (LCD damage like that is not covered under warranty). Hmmm...if you drop the fine china on the floor or crash your car into the tree, do they not break? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter