• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I don't want to share..............................

square pond

DIS Veteran
I just want to pay out of pocket for some of my kids meals. Is this not going to be allowed? We don't want to save the credits for adult meals either. We have more TS meals booked than credits. My kids are horrible eaters!! No meat except one eats chicken nuggets. We have ressies at Lecellier and Liberty tree tavern. Nothing on these menus they will even look at. I thought we would feed them counter service first and let them eat dessert at these places. Not my dessert either I want mine. HE HE!! We want to pay for desserts for them. Now we could just choose to pay for the entire meal at these places but naturally at a place like Lecellier we would want to use credits for our meals because of the price. I thought it would be better to pay for our entire meal at sci-fi or whispering canyon. I hope everyone is following me...I am confusing myself. Just wondering if anyone has had a recent experience eating more table service meals than you have credits and being able to pay for part of the meal.

So basically your only going to use the childs CS credits for the kids and only get them dessert at TS places and pay OOP for everything in between? As long as you werent trying to use kids TS credits for adults I dont see the big deal..

We will be using ts service credits for the kids at the restaurants that have food they will eat. But at the ones that don't we want to just feed them counter service and then get them a dessert at the ts restaurant. We want to use adult credits for our meals at these places since they are a little pricey. Now I know this will give us more child than adult credits but why can't we pay for the adults at say sci-fi and use two child credits. I know sci-fi has items they will eat.

First, let me just make it clear I haven't a clue what your CM will or will not allow. Nor do I care. Whatever Disney lets you do is AOK by me.

But if you really aren't trying to use child credit as adult credits, then I think you are making things more complicated than they need to be.

Let's look at a family - 2 parents, 2 kids, 1 day of TS credits (4 total), ADR's at LeCellier and SciFi.

What you want to do is go to LeCellier, pay for 2 adult meals with 2 TS credits and pay OOP for 2 deserts. They you are going to go to SciFi, pay OOP for 2 adults and use 2 TS credits for 2 kids.

If this is what you want, then I hope Disney lets you. But you are going to have to go through all sorts of hoops explaining this to your CM's, checking bills, paying at least some cash at both places, etc. And until you actually make it through both meals, you won't know if it will be allowed.

The other option would be just to use the plan in a straightforward manor. Use 4 TS credits for your meal at LeCellier, allow the kids to pick around their meals and eat their deserts. Then go to SciFi and pay OOP pocket for everybody. The only downside is that the OOP cost would be a little higher (cost of a Sci-Fi kids meal vs LeCellier desert). Is it really worth all the hoops for the slight savings?

PS - Just reread your note. There is one thing you will not be able to do, and that's share at LTT. Buffets and Family Style restaurants have a clear no-sharing policy.

salmoneous, I know it sounds complicated but I am neither trying to cheat Disney or exaggerate when I say there is nothing at some of these restaurants my husband and I want to eat at that my kids will eat. The plates of food will literally just sit there. So I don't see why they cant just have a soda and a dessert at LeCellier while we eat. We have more table services booked than credits so it makes sense that we would choose to pay out of pocket for the least expensive meals. Also we will not be sharing at LTT they won't eat the food. We will pay the 5 dollar entertainment fee and just order from the assorted dessert menu for them. That is if we can use credits for just us.

square pond said:
salmoneous, I know it sounds complicated but I am neither trying to cheat Disney or exaggerate when I say there is nothing at some of these restaurants my husband and I want to eat at that my kids will eat. The plates of food will literally just sit there. So I don't see why they cant just have a soda and a dessert at LeCellier while we eat. We have more table services booked than credits so it makes sense that we would choose to pay out of pocket for the least expensive meals. Also we will not be sharing at LTT they won't eat the food. We will pay the 5 dollar entertainment fee and just order from the assorted dessert menu for them. That is if we can use credits for just us.

No need to feed your children before going to LTT.

LTT nas a childs menu now!

They have:

Minnies Fruit plate
Mickey's Macaroni and Cheese
Pluto's Pilgrim Feast
Donald's Fresh From the Harbor
Chip N dale's Corn Dog Nuggets
and.......
Goofy's Poundcake Dippers

Take a look at this website:

http://allearsnet.com/menu/men_lttk.htm

Lecellier also has a children's menu :thumbsup2

Cheeseburger
Hot dog
Chicken Nuggets
Grilled Chicken
6 oz. Grilled Steak

wow I didn't see nuggets as a choice at lecellier!! Thanks. I have one that will eat nuggets. The other doesn't eat meat. He is so picky he only eats kraft mac and cheese, ramon noodles, noodles with butter and parm, ellios pizza, french fries, vanilla yogurt, french toast and scrambled eggs. That is it literally unless you count total junk like cookies etc. He is the one that is going to be the hardest. We are even having them arrange for pizza at the HDD!!

minnie61650 said:
No need to feed your children before going to LTT.

LTT nas a childs menu now!

They have:

Minnies Fruit plate
Mickey's Macaroni and Cheese
Pluto's Pilgrim Feast
Donald's Fresh From the Harbor
Chip N dale's Corn Dog Nuggets
and.......
Goofy's Poundcake Dippers

Take a look at this website:

http://allearsnet.com/menu/men_lttk.htm
Can you tell me if this menu is available at the character dinner as well or just lunch. On all ears net it looks like the character dinner is the same food for kids and adults??

square pond said:
Can you tell me if this menu is available at the character dinner as well or just lunch. On all ears net it looks like the character dinner is the same food for kids and adults??

I don't know since the menu is new but our grandson had the mac and cheese when we were on the DDP last October. :thumbsup2

Good Luck!

It sounds like what you want to do is going to make your meals somewhat of a headache for you. It may also cause CM's to "think" that you are trying to use child credits for adult meals and they may give you are hard time. The new brochure (June 2006, I think) clearly states that child's credits can not be used for adult meals. Even though that's not what you are trying to do, you may have trouble "proving" this to CM's. I would be prepared to use credits for everyone or pay for everyone, just in case a manager says you can't do it. :)

NMW said:
It sounds like what you want to do is going to make your meals somewhat of a headache for you. It may also cause CM's to "think" that you are trying to use child credits for adult meals and they may give you are hard time. The new brochure (June 2006, I think) clearly states that child's credits can not be used for adult meals. Even though that's not what you are trying to do, you may have trouble "proving" this to CM's. I would be prepared to use credits for everyone or pay for everyone, just in case a manager says you can't do it. :)
I have been reviewing my TS choices and now that minnie61650 informed me of the children's menu ordering there won't be an issue. I guess we will just have to deal with using two credits at LTT for food my kids won't eat. Even paying out of pocket for a drink and dessert plus the 5.00 entertainment fee you are looking at 10.00 so if we want to eat there I guess we deal with the menu. I went through all our ressies and will pay for the least expensive for all of us and use credits for all of us at the most expensive. Believe it or not besides LeCellier the other real pricey meal looks to be WCC. If I add up what I think we all will order we are about 80 bucks before tax and tip!! Now I just have to worry about my weight!!!! popcorn::

That's really a good bit of info: In general, I think folks are trying too hard to get value out of the plan -- the plan provides a good value just using as it is intended. There is no need to overly complicate things, and risk bouncing up against some embarassing enforcement situation.

square pond said:
I guess we will just have to deal with using two credits at LTT for food my kids won't eat. Even paying out of pocket for a drink and dessert plus the 5.00 entertainment fee you are looking at 10.00 so if we want to eat there I guess we deal with the menu.
That's one way of looking at it. My analysis was just the opposite. I saw that LTT is $12.99 + tax and tip for a kid, and the dining plan is $10.99 for all day, including tax and tip.

By my math $10.99 is less than $16-something, plus DD4goingon24 gets a CS and an ice cream in the bargain. No...she won't eat every bite, but she wouldn't eat every bite if we ate OOP, either.

bicker said:
In general, I think folks are trying too hard to get value out of the plan -- the plan provides a good value just using as it is intended. There is no need to overly complicate things, and risk bouncing up against some embarassing enforcement situation.
Aha! A flash of wisdom on the DISboards! :cool1: What will happen next?

I completely agree. To us, the value of the dining plan was we did what we wanted to do, and we did it for somewhat less than we normally would have spent OOP with DDE.

I think many of those who rack their brains to wring every penny out of the dining plan find their vacations dominated by ADRs and walking across a theme park because a CS on the other side offers 2% better value. We fit the dining plan into our vacations, not the other way around.

JimMIA said:
Aha! A flash of wisdom on the DISboards! :cool1: What will happen next?

I completely agree. To us, the value of the dining plan was we did what we wanted to do, and we did it for somewhat less than we normally would have spent OOP with DDE.

I think many of those who rack their brains to wring every penny out of the dining plan find their vacations dominated by ADRs and walking across a theme park because a CS on the other side offers 2% better value. We fit the dining plan into our vacations, not the other way around.
That is what happened to me until a light finally went on in my head. Just pay out of pocket for all for what we consider less expensive meals and enjoy not having to look at menu prices at the places we will all use credits for. I don't want to be ruled by what and where we are dining!! It is supposed to be fun and relaxing. I don't want to stress through my whole meal about a scene with the server when the check comes!! I am going to relax and ENJOY!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter