"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Oh, Meghan, they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I got all choked up about your pictures! Partially because I am insanely jealous, but mostly because you both look so magical and happily ever after in every single one. And that one balloon picture was SO worth the great balloon caper....you are 100% right!!

Stunning, stunnning...oh wait have I said that like 500 times now? Well you're gonna hear a lot more of that...just so incredibly beautiful! And the castle looks pretty good too...:goodvibes
I do see how the Disney photographers have a particular style. They need to showcase the background and give more of a posed feel as opposed to candids...but I still think your pictures are gorgeous and it's key a photographer be able to communicate with her subjects!!

Oh Meghan, I got all choked up during the first look post!! You both look great!!

Aw thank you! :hug: It all felt a little dreamy. :lovestruc

This is very Flynn and Rapunzel :lovestruc

Ooh, I love this! Now I can't stop seeing it that way, and it totally makes me like this photo more. :thanks:

My favorite!! This setting is lovely.
The one of just you is still my fave, but this one is wonderful too. I really, REALLY like this particular setting I guess!

I love this setting, too! I had seen some really beautiful photos in this area when I was doing my research, and I'm pretty sure if I'd come away with just these photos and some in front of the castle in the daylight, I would have been perfectly happy. Everything else was just extra :goodvibes

I understand about the photographer not shooting in exactly your style, but they really came out so wonderfully. And even though the makeup wasn't your favorite, it came off great on camera.

I'm so impressed that you powered through that early wake up call. You were the perfect Disney bride :hug:

Thank you!! I will admit that though my makeup didn't feel totally my style when I looked in the mirror, it did photograph pretty well and didn't look quite so heavy with the bright lights and flashes. Re: the wakeup call, I definitely crashed later, but I was shocked at how well I powered through for the stuff that mattered. And Nathan slept slightly later than I did, but he was also up later, so he probably had about the same amount of sleep, and he took it like a real champ! :love:

Your photos are :thumbsup2:love:

Thank you!! :hug:

Tired? At that time of day?
Who'd a thunk it?

I know, shocker! :laughing:

"My bouquet? What is it? A dandelion."

Oooh, if only I'd thought of this!! Much easier!

You got some great photos!
Makes the whole getting up super early so much more worth it. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!! I agree that the awful morning wakeup was worth it after this :)

OMG your photos are absolutely stunning! The balloon fiasco was totally worth it--those are so so precious!

Thank you!! :hug: Nathan is very proud that he was responsible for providing the balloon that made those photos possible :laughing:

I love your photos they are BEAUTIFUL.

I definitely sweat too, but I think I've mastered doing my makeup in FL to a degree :rotfl:

It's a learning process for sure! :laughing: I'm getting there. But sometimes I just give up. lol

Although I almost never wear makeup to work anymore, and I do get a lot of people asking if I'm sick or tired when they see me without it :rotfl:

This has definitely happened to me more than once! :rotfl2: Um, no. Just because my eyebrows are not perfectly uniform and my eyelids aren't naturally imbued with glitter, that does not mean I'm sick. :P I have a step sister who does a fabulous job with her makeup and never leaves home without her "face on," but on the rare occasions that she goes without makeup she really does look like a totally different person. It's funny how that happens.

Love this picture!

Thank you!!

Ooo that's what I would pick!

That's the route I would have guessed for you! It definitely would have been my second choice. We almost picked it. It probably would have been a slightly better fit for Nathan, too. But I really wanted the Little Mermaid shots, and Beauty and the Beast was always my favorite growing up.

What's a TR worth reading without unflattering photos??

Absolutely!

Love it! The back is perfect.

Thank you!

The photog can make or break a wedding in less than 30 seconds. Soooo glad you got a winner here!

Couldn't agree more!

The boutonniere is often the bane of weddings. :(

It really seems to be. It didn't help that the first pin we had bent, and also that we were pinning it onto suspenders, which have less integrity than a jacket would have.

I'm guessing it was partially due to water weight as well.

Likely true. But the flowers did stay nice and fresh all day, so I guess I can't complain!

What a treasure trove of beautiful photos you have. So so pretty! She really did a fantastic job for you all the way around- glad you got your money's worth!

Thank you! I agree!

I'm a little late to the party here, but joining in! Your wedding pics are gorgeous!!!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

WOW! I cant wait for more!

Thanks! More photos coming very soon!

Your photos are wonderful. What a neat experience.

Thank you! It really was a neat, once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience for us!

Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Thank you!!

Your photos look stunning, you looked absolutely beautiful

I am still following and lurking, but just have to echo all others that your photos are amazing!! And allt e parts go together so well, I know you said your makeup isn't exactly what you wanted, but it is gorgeous and no one would ever know you had been up since way too early-you look fresh and excited and lovely! Gorgeous on all fronts!!

Thanks so much for following along and for the kind words! :hug: I was pretty exhausted, even at that point, but the excitement of it all kept us going strong for a few more hours. ::yes::

Well, I know that is a busy day, but I keep hearing stories of new FoP FP's popping up as the time nears. Just keep checking!

I'm keeping an eye out, just in case! But I really can't complain. For every one of our past trips I've had super luck with scoring close to exactly what I want with FP+. A slight FP conflict was bound to happen eventually.

I don't think I tried the GF cornbread there when we ate there with Sis. I should try it sometime. I love the regular cornbread from there and we make it at home fairly often.

I really enjoy it! I know I'm biased by the fact that there are foods I haven't been able to eat for years...it probably makes my standards a little low. Safe fried chicken, you say? My gluten-eating family thinks it's a 5/10? I'll probably feel like it's more like an 8! :laughing: But if you're okay with a sweeter cornbread (I know sweet/savoury can be a huge debate!) then it's a really nice GF option!

Doesn't matter how important the reason... waking up that early just sucks.

Absolutely! Whenever the alarm goes off before 5:30am...or really even 6am...it's too early! (Already dreading this part if we ever have kids...)

Great planning on the bridal party! :thumbsup2

Thanks! :thumbsup2 It worked out really nicely! Erin also got a discount on her bridesmaid dress, which didn't hurt. ;)

You look thrilled...

Oh yeah. Absolutely thrilled. Morning are my jam...said Meghan, never.

(Unfortunately, late nights aren't my jam either...)
TxfWibk.jpg

Cool! Maybe not the original plan, but it turned out great! My sister would love that. She's always said she wants to get married at the Haunted Mansion on Halloween.

It was pretty neat! Not my style so much, but a cool opportunity nonetheless! They're neat pictures and Nathan loves them :) That would be an amazing story to tell if your sister managed to do it! I couldn't imagine a more perfect Halloween wedding dream!

The pictures are all fantastic! Honestly, I'm impressed by the overall quality of all the shots. They look great, as do you and N!

Thanks, Andy! :goodvibes The Disney photography company seems to have really stepped up its game over the last few years. We were so pleased!

I am so behind but just caught up...and oh my GOSH those wedding photos in MK are just PERFECTION.
Seriously, you looked absolutely stunning!!
I actually got a little teary eyed...what beautiful memories for you both to have!
I agree that the makeup looks great in the photos...for my sister's wedding her makeup artist did my makeup WAY heavier than I would ever wear it in every day life but it looked amazing in the pictures. So I'm glad that was the case for yours as well!
And your dress is just beautiful...everything about you and these pictures is beautiful!

Wow! Your wedding pictures are beautiful! You and Nathan both looked wonderful and so happy! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. I need to start saving my money big time because now I have my heart set on seeing my daughter married at Disney World. I can't wait to see how the rest of your day goes.

Thank you!! :hug: It's definifely an investment, but for us it was totally worth it. We wouldn't have been able to afford the most expensive pricing tier, which allows for more than 18 guests and unlimited customization pretty much only limited by what you want to spend. But we didn't feel we needed that kind of wedding anyway based on our personal style and the number of people who would be able to travel with us. But they offer smaller packages like what we did as their middle package. This seems to be a good fit for a lot of people who want a small ceremony. The only downside is that it doesn't include a reception, but they can help you coordinate one if you want to add one on. And they also offer very small elopement-style ceremonies at a few of the resorts for the couple plus four guests, starting somewhere around $3000-4000 or so. So many options and things to think about! We had as much fun planning and saving and dreaming as we did during the wedding itself. :)

I love your pictures, they are amazing. What wonderful keepsakes.

Thank you!! We really cherish them now that it's all over.

These photos are beautiful!!! I especially love the ones in the Little Mermaid queue. And yay for the balloons..well worth the hassle!!

Thank you!! The Little Mermaid queue was probably my favourite setting. If I'd had those photos and the ones in front of the castle in the daylight, I would have been happy. Everything else is just extra! :)

Wow I can't get over how beautiful your MK photos are. I think my faves were of you on the steps behind the castle because the train of your dress fell so gracefully! The ones inside the castle that were dark were also fantastic. I mean all of them were amazing but those stood out to me. Can't wait to see the rest!

Thank you!! :hug: Amanda did a beautiful job posing me with my dress! I ended up calling her the "expert dress floofer" because she was so adept at making the dress lie nicely.

Oh, Meghan, they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I got all choked up about your pictures! Partially because I am insanely jealous, but mostly because you both look so magical and happily ever after in every single one. And that one balloon picture was SO worth the great balloon caper....you are 100% right!!

Thank you!! :hug: It was the most amazing experience!

Stunning, stunnning...oh wait have I said that like 500 times now? Well you're gonna hear a lot more of that...just so incredibly beautiful! And the castle looks pretty good too...:goodvibes
I do see how the Disney photographers have a particular style. They need to showcase the background and give more of a posed feel as opposed to candids...but I still think your pictures are gorgeous and it's key a photographer be able to communicate with her subjects!!

Thank you, Su-Lynn! :hug: And I totally agree—the photos came out so beautifully, even if not my typically photography style. And Amanda had the perfect demeanour for a photographer that way :)

I am so behind but just caught up...and oh my GOSH those wedding photos in MK are just PERFECTION.
Seriously, you looked absolutely stunning!!
I actually got a little teary eyed...what beautiful memories for you both to have!
I agree that the makeup looks great in the photos...for my sister's wedding her makeup artist did my makeup WAY heavier than I would ever wear it in every day life but it looked amazing in the pictures. So I'm glad that was the case for yours as well!
And your dress is just beautiful...everything about you and these pictures is beautiful!

Thank you so much!! :hug: It was such an amazing experience! It feels a little like a dream now. I can't believe we have those photos to look back on. You're totally right that the makeup may have been heavy in person for my tastes, but it photographed really well!

And later, you can make tea or a salad or both!
(So I've been told. Personally, if you ask me to drink dandelion tea and have dandelion salad.... I'm leaving.)

When I was working through some of my health issues with a lot of different professionals, my naturopath suggested increasing my intake of greens by trying dandelion. I tried a new naturopath instead.

When I was working through some of my health issues with a lot of different professionals, my naturopath suggested increasing my intake of greens by trying dandelion. I tried a new naturopath instead.
You ate a naturopath?!?!?!?

Beautiful pictures! Your dress is stunning, how wonderful for you two. Such a great experience in MK before opening, I didn’t even know you could do that. Very cool

Beautiful pictures! Your dress is stunning, how wonderful for you two. Such a great experience in MK before opening, I didn’t even know you could do that. Very cool

Thank you!! It was the most amazing experience! Even just trekking through the Magic Kingdom and feeling like we had whole areas of it to ourselves was amazing. Most people don't know it's even possible. But since they typically don't allow wedding dresses into the park, it's usually your only option to get photos in front of the castle or other MK landmarks in your fancy wedding clothes!

Your MK wedding pictures came out so beautiful! Love the ones with the balloons by the castle.

Thank you!! Those are definitely some of my favourites.

so began my arm-day workout for the day! The thing was incredibly heavy for its size! It was remarkable, really! I would tell someone how heavy it was, and then I’d hand it to them to prove it and they’d nearly drop it in surprise.
I remember this feeling exactly! My bouquet was HEAVY. My bridesmaids and I joked all day about how thank god I had another one for tossing because I'd probably knock someone out if I threw my behemoth! It's really something they don't prepare you for during wedding planning. That and how much dress you'll have to haul around all day. LOL

As everyone else has said, these are simply STUNNING. Such special keepsakes you two will cherish forever! Can't wait to see more!

I am officially caught up and everything sounds amazing so far!! Your. Pictures. Are. Amazing!!!!! Makes me regret sooooo bad I didn’t look into a Disney wedding when we got married! Can’t wait to read more and I’ll promise to try to stay on top of things more!

I remember this feeling exactly! My bouquet was HEAVY. My bridesmaids and I joked all day about how thank god I had another one for tossing because I'd probably knock someone out if I threw my behemoth! It's really something they don't prepare you for during wedding planning. That and how much dress you'll have to haul around all day. LOL

As everyone else has said, these are simply STUNNING. Such special keepsakes you two will cherish forever! Can't wait to see more!

It's wild how heavy those bouquets can be! I was shocked! The thing would have packed a punch if I'd thrown it! Between gravity and its weight, I think if someone caught it they would have gone right down with it. :laughing: It's funny the little things you wouldn't expect on your wedding day, and how they end up being some of the things you remember most.

I am officially caught up and everything sounds amazing so far!! Your. Pictures. Are. Amazing!!!!! Makes me regret sooooo bad I didn’t look into a Disney wedding when we got married! Can’t wait to read more and I’ll promise to try to stay on top of things more!

Hi, Whitney! Thanks so much! :hug: All weddings are unique and special, but we were pretty thrilled with ours. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter