"hypothetical" ? for adding on at KT

las3888

DIS Veteran
If KT is ever announced ;) , do you think they will change the minimum amount for adding on to existing DVC members? Isn't it a minimum of 25 points or something now? If we currently have a DVC contract, can we just buy 100 points as an add-on?

Thanks!

You can buy any number of points you want as an add on. THe only rules are that it has to be a minimum of 25 and a minimum of 50 if you plan to finance. For example, we did an add on at AKV when it first came out of 69 pionts.

You can buy any number of points you want as an add on. THe only rules are that it has to be a minimum of 25 and a minimum of 50 if you plan to finance. For example, we did an add on at AKV when it first came out of 69 pionts.

Diane, you came up with that number, if I remember correctly based on going to AKV every 3 yrs?

I think that's what we may do with KT.

Diane, you came up with that number, if I remember correctly based on going to AKV every 3 yrs?

I think that's what we may do with KT.

Yes, I took the point cost of a savanna view 2 bedroom at our preferred time to travel and divided by 3 to come up with the number.

If KT is ever announced ;) , do you think they will change the minimum amount for adding on to existing DVC members? Isn't it a minimum of 25 points or something now? If we currently have a DVC contract, can we just buy 100 points as an add-on?

Thanks!
I doubt DVC will change the min buy in or add on related to any new resort in the next year or two though I do suspect they will eventually do it as a matter of their overall business model. Maybe min of 170 to buy in and a min of 50 to add on. I also suspect they'll eventually make it so you can't sell a master contract and keep a small contract or buy a small stand alone contract due to the relative costs involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter